Sigur Rós - Hvarf/Heim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Put it in because a friend wanted to see what it looked like for a second. 90+ mins later I have to say that's one of, if not the, most beautiful music related films I've ever seen. If you're even remotely a Sigur Ros fan, this is worth every penny.

:up:

I got it tonight from Waterloo Records (along with Superbad).

The lady and I watched a few performances from disc 2. I'll probably watch the film tomorrow.

The first performance I watched was Untitled 8. That really took me back to February of last year. It's my favorite tune of theirs and it was the highlight of the show.

Seeing it in all its intense glory brought back such great memories. I love these guys.

inmyplace13 said:

The first performance I watched was Untitled 8. That really took me back to February of last year. It's my favorite tune of theirs and it was the highlight of the show.

Seeing it in all its intense glory brought back such great memories. I love these guys.

:yes: :combust:
I left my body when I saw that live.

I finally just watched the film. It's so, so beautiful. Why do they make me cry?

joyfulgirl said:

I finally just watched the film. It's so, so beautiful. Why do they make me cry?

Glad you loved it too!

I still haven't watched anything from the second disc, I need to. Watching Heima admittedly got me back on a Sigur Ros kick. Listened to them a ton this week.

u2popmofo said:

Glad you loved it too!

I still haven't watched anything from the second disc, I need to. Watching Heima admittedly got me back on a Sigur Ros kick. Listened to them a ton this week.

I fell asleep watching disc 2 (it was the wee hours of the morning). At first I was slightly annoyed because it was the same performances on disc 2 and I couldn't understand why they were repeating them, but then I realized I slept through a ton of other stuff that isn't on disc 1 so I'm excited to stay awake next time.

The only disappointment so far was the performance of Glosoli which wasn't nearly as good as the one from the Iceland show earlier in the tour, the one they had streaming on their website forever (and maybe it's still there somewhere). Not a major disappointment, mind you, because this one's still great, but it's just that the other one was so unbelievable and perfect that I was hoping to have it on DVD. That show beginning to end was amazing and I wish they had released it. But Heima is something I'll be watching again and again and will show to whoever walks through my door. The whole concept is beautiful. I now want to move to Iceland, where the police don't even carry guns.

joyfulgirl said:

At first I was slightly annoyed because it was the same performances on disc 2 and I couldn't understand why they were repeating them

I'm pretty sure that's because very few of the songs are shown in full on Heima, so you can actually watch the entire performance of the tracks on the second disc. But yes, there is a bunch of extra stuff as well.

Anu said:
freaky mellow intoxicating. Usually, I like to know what an artist is saying-singing, but somehow with this group, it doesn't matter.

Looky what I found.

starálfur

blá nótt yfir himininn
blá nótt yfir mér
horf-inn út um gluggann
minn með hendur
faldar undir kinn
hugsum daginn minn
í dag og í gær
blá náttfötin klæða mig í
beint upp í rúm
breiði mjúku sængina
loka augunum
ég fel hausinn minn undir sæng
starir á mig lítill álfur
hleypur að mér en hreyfist ekki
úr stað – sjálfur
starálfur
opna augun
stírurnar úr
teygi mig og tel (hvort ég sé ekki)
kominn aftur og alltalltílæ
samt vantar eitthvað
eins og alla vegginna

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Staring Elf

Blue Night Over The Sky
Blue Night Over Me
Dis-Appeared Out Of The Window
Me With Hands
Hidden Under My Cheek
I Think About My Day
Today And Yesterday
I Put On My Blue Nighties
Go Straight To Bed
I Pull The Soft Covers Over
Close My Eyes
I Hide My Head Under The Covers
A Little Elf Stares At Me
Runs Towards Me But Doesn’t Move
From Place - Himself
A Staring Elf
I Open My Eyes
Take The Crusts Out
Stretch Myself And Check (If I Haven’t)
Returned Again And Everything Is Okay
Still There Is Something Missing
Like All The Walls

inmyplace13 said:

We were the same person right there. I don't know if anyone else noticed it... but it happened.

u2popmofo said:
Joyful, are you on a Sigur and the Ros kick now too? Yes or YES?

Yes. I mean YES.

Now that I have some insight into them as people I love them even more. I watched all of disc 2. Starálfur is quite a standout performance. This DVD is becoming what the ZooTV Live from Sidney DVD used to be for me...my warm blankie.

update on the next album
24 January 2008

according to an update to the bands myspace page, the band are heading to new york city to continue working on their next album with music producer flood.

the boys have got together a - by their standards - big bunch of material and are leaving iceland for new york to work with flood on what will hopefully be a quick, neat job - maybe even ready for release by the summer.

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/news/

:drool: :drool:

Just wanted to say:

Sigur Ros is amazing... Their music is stunning and beautiful and they pull at my heart strings like few bands do... Agaetis Byrjun is in my top 10 albums ever

That is all

I'm fairly new to these guys but have been captivated by their beautiful sounds.

The other day Vanilla Sky was showing on TV, and although I've seen it more than once I just had to see that amazing final scene, featuring njósnavélin.. Unfortunately I missed the beginning though, with Radiohead's equally sublime Everything in its Right Place.

^ I don't know the answer, I'm sorry.

Last weekend I attended a dance performance and got chills when the curtain lifted and heard the opening notes of "Vaka (Untitled #1)." It was a stunning dance piece and I actually teared up at how beautifully it worked with the music. My friend who was with me then wanted to know all about Sigur Ros and is blown away by them.

If you haven't seen Heima you will have your chance on Friday:

Sigur Ros and YouTube make a little bit of history this Friday (Mar 7) with the band taking over the entire front page of the site around the world for a whole day, becoming the first group to ever have a feature-length music DVD streamed on the channel, with their acclaimed 'Heima' documentary shown in its complete 97-minute glory.

All 12 available slots on YouTube's home page will be devoted to the Icelandic quartet for a full 24-hours, putting them before a global audience of hundreds of millions. The link-up follows the success of 'Minn Heima', a competition hosted by YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/group/MinnHeima) for fans of the band to create their own little version of 'Heima', using audio and video clips posted online. The 10 best entries, as judged by the band, will be featured on the home page, alongside the film itself, as well as a special message from the band, taking time off from recording their new album in Reykjavik.

YouTube has only previously hosted a handful of long form presentations, none for music DVDs. It is the first ever UK home page "takeover" since the launch of http://uk.youtube.com - the localized home page that allows for country-specific video rankings and comments.

Simultaneous with the YouTube promotion, the band will launch www.sigurros.com, giving away a free audio-visual download clip of the song 'Ny Batteri' filmed live in Reykjavik in the summer of 2006 as part of the Heima tour. 'Ny Batteri' is just one of a dozen additional songs not featured in the film that the band are intending to make available via the site in the near future. Information about the forthcoming album will also be revealed via www.sigurros.com...

I'm watching Heima on YouTube right now. :love:

The feedback seems really positive so far - it seems like a great way to gain exposure for the band for those who haven't already discovered their amazingness.

So I randomly just clicked on the Heima on Youtube link and ended up watching the entire ting over again (even though I've owned the DVD since the day it was released). As always, I'm now on yet another huge Sigur Ros kick. Curse you, Heima!!!

u2popmofo said:
So I randomly just clicked on the Heima on Youtube link and ended up watching the entire ting over again (even though I've owned the DVD since the day it was released). As always, I'm now on yet another huge Sigur Ros kick. Curse you, Heima!!!

All it takes is one damn song and the addictive kick begins. I've been listening to () in my car this week and I have to say it is my least favorite. Some of it is just too funereal. Isn't it time for a new full-length record? :drool:

Now go change your avatar. I'll tell you why later.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
Yes, mofo, Why?

:wink:

() is my least favorite of their albums (well, except for Von obviously) as well. I love half of it, and the other half is just there. Takk and AB for me.

But I like my avatar. :(

joyfulgirl said:
Uh oh. I miss your old avatar already. :sad:

But I thought it was Kil -ling you. :wink:

I believe I mentioned this song once before, but Sigur put it up on their Youtube profile, so I'll mention it again. I still can't believe this didn't make the Hvarf/Heim CD, you know a band is good when this ends up being a rarity they just put on the second disc of a DVD.

Heima

I finally watched this today.

:drool: :ohmy: :drool:

Holy frickin' crap-----amazing!

I need to see them live, and preferably outdoors and under the stars....

anyone have a good quality audio rip of the pop song performed in this? highlight of the film for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom