Shuttlecock XXI: Laz is Bigger Than Anyone in His Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, night 2 used to mean a curveball, now it means getting ABOY instead of Gloria and Red Flag Day? Oof.

It's unreal how the b-stage got so much more variety on I&E and now that's been completely abandoned.

Yeah used to be that if you could only see one night of a 2 night stand, the smart move was to grab tix for night 2, now it looks to be the other way around. We'll see if it continues that way in Chicago, Boston and NYC. If they don't improve things there, then they've really hit rock bottom.

Two shows was perfect. One on GA, so I could get me fix of being close to the band. One in a good seat, so I could actually see everything that was happening.

Last night was also a blast. I was disappointed with the changes, but I still loved (almost) every minute!

I am tired beyond reason, however. Two concerts two schoolnights in a row is fucked up.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So I've been trying out Reddit recently as this forum slowly dies down, and I am reminded of why I hate it.

Screen%20Shot%202018-05-18%20at%2010.41.46%20am_zps02kin442.png

Where else do you find people like this?

I refuse to post in any medium where I can't see the whites of their eyes (and maybe an avatar only gives the illusion of that, but I'll take the illusion).

or in a medium where personalities are longterm and distinct enough that the name performs the same function.

Neither describes Reddit.

I don't post there for bands, I go there more for laughs. I don't get the appeal of a message board with no long-term use.

Do more people at a U2 gig want to hear Beautiful Day than Mofo? Yes.

Do more people at a U2 gig want to hear In a Little While than Mofo? No.

Do more people at a U2 gig want to hear a random cut from Songs of Experience than Mofo? I doubt as many people have even heard SOE as have heard Mofo.

I love pop so much my diet consists exclusively of bubblegum and poptarts

Those reddit people sound like they're probably the apocryphal casual fans we hear so much about. Don't bore us, get to teh chorus. Etc.

I bet some of them even know the words to El-E-VA-SHUN.

I love POP so much I remember when Larry nominated The Playboy Mansion as his favourite song off it during the big global launch radio thingie. I agree with him some days. Full band The Playboy Mansion, that's what we needed to see more of. It's dirty and vegas-y, it's sunken lounges and crushed velvet, but it's also starry eyed yearning, looking for love in all the wrong places.

I love POP so much I remember when Larry nominated The Playboy Mansion as his favourite song off it during the big global launch radio thingie. I agree with him some days. Full band The Playboy Mansion, that's what we needed to see more of. It's dirty and vegas-y, it's sunken lounges and crushed velvet, but it's also starry eyed yearning, looking for love in all the wrong places.

Sounds like you’re talking about Two Shots it Happy, which is also dope. What happened to cool Bono. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom