Shuttlecock XVII - The Best Title That Ever Happened a Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys keep saying 'chorus'. That's not the Volcano chorus, it's the Volcano middle 8/bridge, 'you are rock and roll' etc. Semantics, but still, it's musically a different thing.

I don't know, but I might like this the best of the songs we've heard(well maybe Little Things could be better, but we haven't heard a studio take of that yet).

I have not listened to any of the new songs and it doesn't sound like I should, but I do want to chime in on the song title discussion. I think I would summarize it like this: if U2 released Mysterious Ways anytime after 2000, that song is 100 percent called "She Moves in Mysterious Ways."

The riff of American Soul sounds like something Josh Homme would write. I'm liking it.

I have not listened to any of the new songs and it doesn't sound like I should, but I do want to chime in on the song title discussion. I think I would summarize it like this: if U2 released Mysterious Ways anytime after 2000, that song is 100 percent called "She Moves in Mysterious Ways."

More like She Moves In Mysterious Ways (It's Alright).

Another North American tour [emoji52]

Perhaps we can hope for a sneaky Asia-Pacific tour in March? Optimistic maybe.

I'm going to have to take a break from the board if the next thread title isn't SAVE US, REFU-JESUS.

i was thisclose to stealing this for the new thread in the other place but decided it was too good for those peasants. it fits much more better here.

Last edited:
The Blackout is comfortably the best of what's been released, it has a pulse, good guitar, a chorus that sounds natural. It's not going to be close to an all-timer or anything like that but I like it :up:

But Get Out and Best Thing currently duelling it out for the title of worst song the band has ever done. Jesus fucking christ.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they didn't make The Blackout the focal point. I would call it their best 'rock' song since No Line's title track. You could build the tour around it. Would be a good energetic opener. It's catchy and got a great chorus.

Why then not release it as a single and instead put out two extremely ordinary pop songs devoid of any personality? :|

What's most disheartening is that apart from The Blackout, it's not particularly evident that they're even properly trying anymore. GOOYOW is one of the laziest tracks they've ever done, hell, Stand Up Comedy is shit but at least they fucking tried with it.

I was gonna say something similar. Stand Up Comedy sucks for sure but at least it sounds like there was something that went into more than "alright let's manufacture ourselves an inoffensive pop song, drag and drop elements 1 2 and 3 here"

I reckon I'm really going to realise I enjoy Bomb a lot after I listen to SOE when it comes out ...

Chris Martin must feel flattered about Get Out, I think it's the first time I can safely say that U2 have gone out of their way to make a bad Coldplay song.

Bono heard A Head Full of Dreams and decided 'yeah, I'll have a bit of that'.

The reviews are in, and U2 are on to a winner.

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-02%20at%2011.05.30%20am_zpswjnwk2nd.png

Man, I know a couple of you have already hinted at it but the intro to Get Out Of Your Own Way sounds so much like a recent Coldplay song. And that is not a good thing. Ugh. I don't hate the rest of it, though. In fact, it's pretty fucking cool that Kendrick Lamar is on a U2 song.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they didn't make The Blackout the focal point. I would call it their best 'rock' song since No Line's title track. You could build the tour around it. Would be a good energetic opener. It's catchy and got a great chorus.

Why then not release it as a single and instead put out two extremely ordinary pop songs devoid of any personality? :|

Out of touch old men who want to still have mainstream radio hits make bad decisions.

I just listened to the studio version of Black Out and the new one on Spotify and decided I didn't need to pre-order today. Ouch. Album cover sucks too, who the hell would want one of those preorder t-shirts?

I wonder how the kids feel about being forced on the front.

I actually think the album packaging looks pretty sweet, but I won’t be buying unless I actually like the album.

Oh my GOD. I just listened to American Soul. You people had prepared me for REFU-JESUS... and I still found myself blurting out "WHAT. NO. NO." and laughing well hard when it actually happened. Fuck me, Stand Up Comedy's little old lady has competition for worst lyric to ever happen a U2.

Perhaps the most disappointing part is that if it weren't for the shit chorus or REFU-JESUS, American Soul is otherwise pretty decent (on one listen).

I wonder how the kids feel about being forced on the front.

I actually think the album packaging looks pretty sweet, but I won’t be buying unless I actually like the album.

I wouldn't buy this album no matter how good it is. U2 don't need any more of my money. I'd rather support bands scraping cash from minimum wage jobs to record an album and tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom