Shuttlecock! XIX: Servers of the Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:up: :up: :up: It's funny how the more in shape and better you feel, the more you want to work out as well.

I've noticed that too. I played sports in high school and kept up a bit recreationally through college, but for about 6 years after college didn't really get much exercise beyond the fairly regular hike and/or walking the dog, and it was beginning to show. I always figured I wouldn't like the gym or stick with it, but last March I joined a gym and started playing basketball regularly again. Much to my relief I've found that I do like working out and going to the gym (seeing results pretty quickly certainly helped that along), and with a few exceptions I generally end up going at least 3 times a week. Though I absolutely hate treadmills and have substituted an hour or two of basketball for my cardio.

Not to sound like a cliched office drone, but I can't believe it's not Friday yet.

Not only is it not Friday yet, but I have a business dinner tonight that I am not looking forward to. I just wanna veg out on the couch and watch the Lost finale which I haven't seen yet because I had to watch Idol last night. I like my TV nights, dammit. I don't wanna make small talk, I don't wanna!! :grumpy:

Yeah, let's not go back to those pages. It kept spiraling down and then a whole new argument erupted which at least made the Wilco thing go away.

Well that sounds 100% terrible, I really don't want to go look now.

So over the past year or so I've been working with one of our employees who's terminally ill, and we have some special benefits to help them in that situation. I talked with him and his partner quite a bit when we were getting everything in place, and then I hadn't heard from him in a while.

The other week they emailed me because their COBRA is ending, and needed some additional things that the insurance company wasn't able to give them. So I helped them out again, and they've always just been the nicest people. Sounds like his health is stable, but even when it was unsure, he was nothing but full of optimism and thankful for his life.

Tuesday I got an email from our CEO, thanking me for what I had done for this employee. Turns out they had emailed Mr. CEO to tell him all about how much I had helped them. It totally made my day.

Today, they sent me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, and I'm just about moved to tears. I love it when I'm reminded of how awesome people can be.

:)

So over the past year or so I've been working with one of our employees who's terminally ill, and we have some special benefits to help them in that situation. I talked with him and his partner quite a bit when we were getting everything in place, and then I hadn't heard from him in a while.

The other week they emailed me because their COBRA is ending, and needed some additional things that the insurance company wasn't able to give them. So I helped them out again, and they've always just been the nicest people. Sounds like his health is stable, but even when it was unsure, he was nothing but full of optimism and thankful for his life.

Tuesday I got an email from our CEO, thanking me for what I had done for this employee. Turns out they had emailed Mr. CEO to tell him all about how much I had helped them. It totally made my day.

Today, they sent me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, and I'm just about moved to tears. I love it when I'm reminded of how awesome people can be.

Aw, that's a nice story. Sounds like you were the one who was awesome.

Not only is it cool when people are happy with what you've done for them, it's the sprinkles on the donut when they let the big shots know.

Cori, I don't know if they'll allow nice people in the douchebag seats. :wink:

No worries - I still have my bitchy snit moments. I'll make sure to have one at the stadium. :wink:

Not only is it cool when people are happy with what you've done for them, it's the sprinkles on the donut when they let the big shots know.

I know, right? He cc'd my manager and my manager's manager on the email, and so then of course it went to the director and then to her boss, and then the HR vp's assistant said she'd heard as well after I walked by with all the flowers on my way out.

Dear CEO: if you can't think of a nice way to reward me for being a good employee, may I suggest an invitation to dinner with you and Bono next time he's in town? kthxbye.

Today I'm trying to skip dairy. My nose isn't too plugged up; actually it's the best it's been all week. Maybe it's just my day to breathe better, maybe whatever I'm allergic to is at a low count today, maybe it's because I haven't had any dairy since yesterday at lunch.

We'll see how this goes, but I may have to resort to just cutting down on the dairy, because I don't think I can cut it out completely.

Today I'm trying to skip dairy. My nose isn't too plugged up; actually it's the best it's been all week. Maybe it's just my day to breathe better, maybe whatever I'm allergic to is at a low count today, maybe it's because I haven't had any dairy since yesterday at lunch.

We'll see how this goes, but I may have to resort to just cutting down on the dairy, because I don't think I can cut it out completely.

That's excellent. I can't cut out dairy either, but I do pick my times (not a good idea for me to have mucous-forming foods before making a presentation to the Board, for example). Bread seems to be worse for me than anything, but sprouted grain bread (like Ezekial bread) doesn't bother me at all. Goat's milk produces less mucous than cow's milk but it's kind of icky although some cheeses are good and there's a fabulous goat's milk ice cream that doesn't affect me at all - Laloo's � Goat's Milk Ice Cream :: Welcome.

If avoiding dairy doesn't help significantly, then there are probably other culprits, like (I hate to tell you) meats and eggs. But not everybody is affected by everything on the long list of mucous-forming foods (and not all mucous is bad). Some say everything but raw food produces mucous but that just gets into an extreme way of eating and I have to find a middle road with all of it.

I am dairy free... Also meat and egg free... And fun free according to Scumbo :angry:

Gravy = Party

Elfa, I hope you know that despite all the crap I constantly give you, you're one of my favorite people on Interference. I only dish it out to the people I know can take it.

Knife Crime.

I crave ice cream.

Then again, I always crave ice cream.

Sorry, I should have multi-quoted all these...

Ice cream is my favorite food in the world. Next lifetime I want to be on the planet where ice cream is the staple of life, like water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom