Shuttlecock! Part XVII - No Broken Cocks, Just A Swing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. No offense to you and YLB, but the advent of high schools and eventually everyone killed the site. I would not miss it one bit if it weren't around anymore.

None taken. Most high schoolers suck at everything. You're fortunate that YLB and I redeeming qualities.

I know all the young hip kids hate the influx of old farts, but I am thrilled to have found some old friends from high school I had fallen out of touch with. That's been really great.

Now some of my relatives have signed up, which is neat too. And by "relatives," I mean "the relatives I actually want to talk to online."

It's great to get back in touch with people, I'm sure. My dad actually just got one after a lot of his high school friends he hadn't seen in 30 or so years came to his mother's funeral in December. It's great for that.

I don't like my relatives (my dad and, after the death of our grandmother this last week, a shit ton of cousins) finding me. I'd prefer to be left alone. I got on this morning to a post from my 32 year old cousin who I haven't seen in a decade basically asking why I wasn't at the funeral and wanting a run down of my life these days. Fuck that.

And you could be like me and have 32 cousins, half of which have Facebooks.

Luckily, they're mostly about my age. Still. Not great.

i hate to keep making drive-by posts via ispy, but can i top your facebook awkward stories: your future father-in-law. but since i'm all good and well behaved, it's not really a problem.

the only person i want zero contact with is on my friends list, but i think i've said before - i'd rather have him on my friends list knowing what he's doing than having no idea where he'll pop up next.

Oh dear. Yeah, that's no good.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Yeah it's bullshit.

And thanks. I brought it up last week in story telling (it happened last Monday) and specifically requested no pity or condolences. Thanks anyway though. I didn't know her that well over the past decade anyway, so it hasn't affected me much.

I'm nearing 600 friends on Facebook. Scary number. A lot of fucking people constantly checking for my updates.

Yeah it's bullshit.

And thanks. I brought it up last week in story telling (it happened last Monday) and specifically requested no pity or condolences. Thanks anyway though. I didn't know her that well over the past decade anyway, so it hasn't affected me much.

I was having a conversation about grandparents today. Someone was talking about how awesome their grandfather was, and there was some discussion about it, and I cannot relate to any relationships with grandparents. The whole dynamic is absolutely foreign to me. I had one grandparent die before my birth, two die in my young years, and one contract Alzheimer's in my younger years and die about a decade after that. I had no relationship with them for this reason, and I just cannot wrap my mind around the concept. It's not sad or disappointing, just odd.

Yeah I'm a bit the same way. One grandfather died in 2004, his wife in December, and now my mom's mom this past week. Thing is, from moving around the country so much as a kid, I never forged these ridiculously close bonds with any of them. I feel worse for my parents than anything else. And I feel bad when they see me not shedding a tear over the thing. I had a good friend from high school die from meningitis only 3 months into our college careers and I absolutely lost it then. I'd hate it if my parents resented me for that, but I was just closer with him than I ever was with a grandparent.

I have no idea what the story telling thing is ... which probably explains how I missed you saying all of that. Heh.

Story was about how I was going to bomb an exam due to poor studying and the death certainly didn't help.

Oh, gotcha! Right. Okay.

I thought you were talking about a "story telling" thread or something.

<--crazy

I found a pretty unflattering caricature of Adam Claycourt:

badminton.jpg

Thanks for the greetings, folks.

The night ended on a bit of a downer. Some girl I met a couple weeks ago, who asked for MY phone number, told me she wanted to "see some of my work" and invited to me to her art show at school, showed up at the restaurant where we were enjoying cheap margarita night. All this was cool, we were joking around and flirting, and then at some point later she was laughing about something on her phone, and after I asked about it, responded that she was "sending goofy text messages" to her boyfriend.

What the fuck is wrong with women? Don't they understand if they are seriously dating someone they should not try to make friends with guys they barely know? I have enough attractive female friends--I don't need any more. Don't talk to me about some kind of creative exchange. You're super hot; 5'11 with dark hair and blue eyes, and a filmmaker who speaks fluent French. This is like what I would request on some kind of Weird Science perfect girl custom job. You think the word "platonic" is even part of the vocabulary pool I'm dipping into when talking to you? Don't misunderstand me--I'm not simply thinking about some cheap physical encounter. But the thought that some random dude just wants to be friends with you, and that you can casually mention your significant other hours into a conversation?

Unbelievable. Fuck you and your boyfriend.

I HATE COUPLES.

Well that sucks. :hug:

Guys do that, too. I've had two men fucking with my head like that recently.

You guys know that you can completely hide yourself on Facebook so only friends can even search for you, right?

This means that if someone searches for you on FB, it'll come up blank.

A goggle search will turn up your name, but when they go to click on the page, you're not there.

Now, I'm late for breakfast. :wave:

I dunno, he set the bar pretty high with Pearl Harbor...

you're right. i did enjoy the ending when Ben Affleck liberated the concentration camp and saved Anne Frank and brought her back to the US and married her at the end.

because that's about as historically accurate as anything else in that "film."

fuck, that movie makes me angry.

Unbelievable. Fuck you and your boyfriend.

I HATE COUPLES.

ME TOO. :angry:

Well that sucks. :hug:

Guys do that, too. I've had two men fucking with my head like that recently.

Amen to that spoiler, joyful.

How about this for a birthday surprise - Monday night (my actual birthday) my ex (who has the same exact birthday, and who broke up with me because he "didn't want a relationship" and who I haven't had ANY contact with whatsover since right before New Year's, by my choice) texts me to wish me a happy birthday. :killintheface:

I had spent part of my day trying to forget the douchebag existed had the same birthday as me.

You guys know that you can completely hide yourself on Facebook so only friends can even search for you, right?

That totally explains why Lila couldn't find me on Facebook last week.

In other news, I hate everybody right now
except for you guys and a few other people on this site who don't post in this thread often, if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom