Shuttlecock! Part XIV - CRAB - Being Consumed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just gave that one away to The Lady Friend... it's my least favorite of all of their concert DVDs. "Gone," "The Fly," and "Bullet..." are all killer, but that's all I can separate from the pack, especially when nearly every other song is superior on Slane.

I own four U2 DVDs: Rattle and Hum, ZooTV: Sydney, Slane, and Vertigo Chicago. I would also like to have Red Rocks and PopMart. I have no desire for Boston, and feel like Slane was a mistake to buy.

Hamish Hamilton is truly and utterly horrible.

I just gave that one away to The Lady Friend... it's my least favorite of all of their concert DVDs. "Gone," "The Fly," and "Bullet..." are all killer, but that's all I can separate from the pack, especially when nearly every other song is superior on Slane.

Gone and The Fly were the only two noteworthy tracks on that entire tour. Every other track they've ever played was done better on other tours.

Is that any way to endear yourself to The Lady Friend? "Here, have this U2 DVD that I think kind of blows."

I think Boston is low on the list as far as the U2 DVDs go, but as it's a U2 concert DVD, I cannot help but love it anyway.

Is it September yet?

I'm watching the Boston Elevation DVD.

It felt like the right time to do so.

There's a hole in the heart!!

:grouphug:

:sad: :coocoo: :banghead:

This.

I'd say the same thing about the live from Sao Paolo Squirtigo broadcast over Chicago, but the latter has An Cock Dubh/Into the Net.

I'd rank them:

1. ZooTV
2. UABRS
3. PopMart
4. RAH
5. Joshua Tree: Paris
6. Vertigo Chicago
7. Vertigo Milano
8. Elevation: Slane
9. Elevation: Boston

I own four U2 DVDs: Rattle and Hum, ZooTV: Sydney, Slane, and Vertigo Chicago. I would also like to have Red Rocks and PopMart. I have no desire for Boston, and feel like Slane was a mistake to buy.

Hamish Hamilton is truly and utterly horrible.

I've got Sydney, Slane, and Chicago, and have the Best of '90-'00 videos (an awesome buy for any fan of their '90s work). Rattle and Hum is a little too uneven for me... the songs are fantastic, but the presentation is so grating and pretentious that it almost turns me off entirely.

Gone and The Fly were the only two noteworthy tracks on that entire tour. Every other track they've ever played was done better on other tours.

Without a doubt, but Slane's such an emotional show. The "All I Want Is You" -> "Streets" combo gives me chills every time.

Is that any way to endear yourself to The Lady Friend? "Here, have this U2 DVD that I think kind of blows."

I think Boston is low on the list as far as the U2 DVDs go, but as it's a U2 concert DVD, I cannot help but love it anyway.

Is it September yet?

I think she'll like it, seeing as though she hasn't seen very much of their concert footage, plus she likes the songs played on that show.

Yeah, she'll dig.

Read that again and maybe you'll understand the appropriateness of the gift.

He reads between the lines.

There's a hole in the heart!!

Does it go all the way to China?

/random obscure Cyndi Lauper lyric reference

Can it actually be seen on the concert video?

I've been listening more than watching, but I don't think so. Hamish doesn't focus on much for more than a second or three, unless it's a band member.

Rattle and Hum is a little too uneven for me... the songs are fantastic, but the presentation is so grating and pretentious that it almost turns me off entirely.

I skip past the non-performance stuff because they come across so eye-rollingly insufferable it makes me cringe to watch it.

But the performance stuff .... oh, goodness. :drool:

I've got Sydney, Slane, and Chicago, and have the Best of '90-'00 videos (an awesome buy for any fan of their '90s work). Rattle and Hum is a little too uneven for me... the songs are fantastic, but the presentation is so grating and pretentious that it almost turns me off entirely.

Really? It doesn't bug me much. The only reason I don't have the DVD is because I'm waiting for a non-bare bones edition to come out. And I've often flirted with buying one of those 4 hour bootleg versions with all the additional footage.

The suckiness of Bono's Elevation voice combined with the boring music of ATYCLB and the weak efforts on the classics just make those shows hard for me to enjoy.

Something like Streets is great no matter what, so I don't really count that as being a plus for the Elevation DVDs. Nothing else seems to stand out. Kite was pretty good, but Hamish decided to spend half the song zoomed in on the tail of Bono's guitar.

Really? It doesn't bug me much. The only reason I don't have the DVD is because I'm waiting for a non-bare bones edition to come out. And I've often flirted with buying one of those 4 hour bootleg versions with all the additional footage.

I found it incredibly cheap, I think it was maybe five dollars, at a local music store. I had to grab it.

I remember it got released on HD-DVD when that format came out, has it come to Blu Ray yet? If it's still bare-bones by then, I'd just go for the 4-hour cut.

Seeing them play with the black choir, going to Graceland, and hanging out was cool, I just have a hard time stomaching their interview sessions. They don't seem to feel comfortable in that setting, at least at that point in their careers.

I would watch a film version of U2 at the End of the World any day of the week. That's one of my favorite books period.

And I've often flirted with buying one of those 4 hour bootleg versions with all the additional footage.

In the days before I knew of trading and this thing called torrents, I bought that bootleg set off eBay. I'm a bad fan! I think I've watched most of it only once. :reject:

The suckiness of Bono's Elevation voice combined with the boring music of ATYCLB and the weak efforts on the classics just make those shows hard for me to enjoy.

Yeah. SBS is on now, and they took it from a militant march to a casual saunter. Not one of their finer moments.

(Man, I hope they retire this one and Bullet on this tour. Or at least SBS - at least they change up Bullet a bit.)

There are parts of the PopMart DVD that I absolutely love, but I rarely watch it, as I find myself getting bored about halfway through.

SBS at half speed + Bono's weak ass mid-song speech on Vertigo = just ain't no fun.

I would watch a film version of U2 at the End of the World any day of the week. That's one of my favorite books period.

Oh my god, yes. :drool:

Should I spent the last hour of my 20s watching part of a DVD? :hmm:

You should crank up whatever kick-ass rock and roll you've got lying around. And possibly dance around your living room with a beer in hand.

Happy almost-birthday! :hyper:

Something like Streets is great no matter what, so I don't really count that as being a plus for the Elevation DVDs. Nothing else seems to stand out. Kite was pretty good, but Hamish decided to spend half the song zoomed in on the tail of Bono's guitar.

Compare that DVD to PopMart and ZooTeev and there is no comparison. Sure, the settings are different, but fuck, one of them looks like it was directed by Muhammed Ali.

Too soon?

Alright, I found a site that has download links for all four of the Shuttle & Bum outtake DVDs, but unless you have a account, it would take fucking FOREVER.

I need to find a torrent.

You should crank up whatever kick-ass rock and roll you've got lying around. And possibly dance around your living room with a beer in hand.

Happy almost-birthday! :hyper:

Thanks! My neighbor is gone until at least tomorrow, so I'll probably crank up some tunes. I'd be all about the beer if I hadn't eaten ice cream a little while ago :sick:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom