Shuttlecock! Part X - Forfeit! Racquet Smash!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a try.

New U2 Album! Tracks include:

1. One Of His Kids Is Right Behind Him And Her Name Is Eve
2. His Boat Was Probably Going Straight To His Beach Home Where His Wife Was Waiting
3. Ali Was There, Too
4. All This Speculation Is Crazy And Out Of Hand
5. Penelope, Bono And Ali Are All Having A Good Laugh At All Of You Now
6. I’ve Met Bono And He Held My Hand And Kept Me Close In The Curve Of His Neck While I Regained My Composure
7. Then, When I Snapped Out Of It A Little , We Took Pictures Together
8. And I Swear It Seems Like Even WE Were An Item
9. He’s Very Touchy Feely With Everyone And My Husband Was There Too.
10. He’s Simply Charismatic
11. Every Breaking Wave
12. Mercy

I should bump this thread up. People get awfully touchy about this subject. I don't understand the compulsion to defend Bono and his bald spot hair.

I know, right? It's oddly compelling freakishly entertaining so sad.

It's every PLEBAn's dream for Bono to wake up in their home, puking on the furniture, and wearing nothing more than a t-shirt covered in Lance's mom's menstrual blood.

I bet Bono's puke smells really, really good.

2. His Boat Was Probably Going Straight To His Beach Home Where His Wife Was Waiting
3. Ali Was There, Too
6. I’ve Met Bono And He Held My Hand And Kept Me Close In The Curve Of His Neck While I Regained My Composure
11. Every Breaking Wave
12. Mercy

Have I told you how glad I am that you've joined this thread? :)

3. Ali Was There, Too
11. Every Breaking Wave
12. Mercy

You're my new favorite gay man. My sister is my favorite gay person, though, sorry.

really? i missed that.

they seemed nearly virginal in "Shuttlecock: At the End of the Racquet."

"I think in Adam's case, unfortunately, on that tour, he got into ... all sorts of forms of indulgence and self-abuse in terms of alcohol and probably other substances and activities." - Edge, referring to Adam during Zoo TV

And then they all refer to getting into various amounts of trouble in Tokyo, including Bono waking up in some apartment with a peeing snake around him.

Where the Streets Have No Name is glorious.

You know what else?

I can't wait to hear this album.

... I mean I can wait. I'm just really, really excited about it.

"I think in Adam's case, unfortunately, on that tour, he got into ... all sorts of forms of indulgence and self-abuse in terms of alcohol and probably other substances and activities." - Edge, referring to Adam during Zoo TV

And then they all refer to getting into various amounts of trouble in Tokyo, including Bono waking up in some apartment with a peeing snake around him.

well, Adam is a slut, absolutely. and good on him.

the Bono-snake story is in "At the End of My Racquet." it seemed innocent enough, Yakuza drug dens aside.

Anyone want to fly up to Seattle this weekend and pull a Lloyd Dobler on Little Miss Patience?

Jeez, I'd better not throw out The Laz Signal in casual conversation at all this weekend, or he'll probably appear right outside my window.

... but I'd bet you'd be hard-pressed to find a ghetto blaster. And a cassette tape copy of NLOTH.

I wonder if Scumbo ever woke up with a peeing snake around him while he was in Tokyo. I'm positive that it happened to IYS, no need to even ponder that.

Isn't there a spoken word lyric in a Los Campesinos song about that? Or is that something about waking up in the bathroom of a Mexican restaurant? I always get them confused.

so, going back to an oldie but goodie as topics go, i'm sure someone with more Photoshop skills than i can do something with this:

396px-Jakob_the_liar_poster.jpg

i think it works on many, many levels.

It's a small red x in a box. :(

In other news, I love Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car. Even when MacPhisto sings it.

My favorite random moment in U2 by U2 is when Bono returns home from the Zoo TV Tour and has to call Willie Williams to ask him what he should do to have a routine, and Willie suggests things like "go to church on Sunday" or "read the paper in the morning."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom