should u2 start working on their next album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
there is a clip of edge on vh1.com

and hes talking about going into the studio and making a new record!

bring it on. you can do it u2! new album new album!

something fresh something cool something u2 hehehe!

next years next year plese!

if that is the case......WOO-HOO!
this is more likely though:
The tour will probably wrap up by March 06 at the latest, so i think the most optimistic date could be a spring/summer release in 2007 (we know that at this stage in their career, U2 takes atleast a year in the studio)

well, if HTDAAB is "like their first record" (Bono)... then the next one should be released exactly a year later (just like October after Boy)...

:wink:

:drool:

If they can do it Zooropa-style, capturing the feel of HTDAAB and the new tour...then I say yes. :)

Aardvark747 said:

:ohmy:

Unless he loses the lyrics - like October!!

:wink:
:laugh: ...there always was "someone" losing "something" before every record... that should not be a problem... in fact I would be very surprised without this kind of story before the next record...:wink:
It's tradition...

miss becky said:
If they can do it Zooropa-style, capturing the feel of HTDAAB and the new tour...then I say yes. :)
:up:

I hope they don't release another Zooropa-type record. Even though this kind of album would come very soon, I felt that Zooropa had no 'soul' like all other U2 albums. Each album had their own personality, era, tour. But I felt that Zooropa had nono of this, even though some of its songs are good.

So if they do release another album, I hope it has it's own thing, and not an extension of HTDAAB. So if they finish this tour in early '06, I hope they can release an album by the end of '06 or early '07.

But this is just me guys, don't butcher what I said lol.

Et tu Edge?

:hmm: That certainly puts more weight into Bono's "album in 2006" words.

I still say that U2 should explore world music a bit more. There's tons of stuff out there like Middle Eastern Rai music ( a la Khaled), Indian 'sitar' string arrangements (Pundit Ravi Shankar, The Beatles!!!), african rhythms etc. As long as it is just an element of their conventionally themed rock songs, it is okay. I'm not saying that they should turn to world music altogether.

Infinitum98 said:
I hope they don't release another Zooropa-type record. Even though this kind of album would come very soon, I felt that Zooropa had no 'soul' like all other U2 albums. Each album had their own personality, era, tour. But I felt that Zooropa had nono of this, even though some of its songs are good.

So if they do release another album, I hope it has it's own thing, and not an extension of HTDAAB. So if they finish this tour in early '06, I hope they can release an album by the end of '06 or early '07.

But this is just me guys, don't butcher what I said lol.
Zooropa? Lacking soul? Pft, I like Zooropa more than Achtung Baby.

..That's right. I said it. :wink:

That being said, I'd love it if the boys could crank out an album in the next year or two. Here's to hoping. :yes:

Last edited:
Zooropa is excellent..I love how its like an extension of Achtung Baby but ran through the Zootv filter, it had its own identity:up:

BTW, where is this clip? shaun this is your chance to redeem months of shitty posts! ;)

Sleep Over Jack said:
BTW, where is this clip? shaun this is your chance to redeem months of shitty posts! ;)

*Too funny*

I've just been on vh1 and can't find it. I really want to watch this clip..

Last edited:
As I have said in a previous post, U2 should considering making the follow-up to HTDAAB already.

Cheers,

J

with all the unpublished songs that they have they'd throw out a record every 6 months, maybe sometimes is just a question of will. anyway, u2 don't need to publish a record every one a half year like the majority of bands do, every u2 record is an event followed by incredible tours, they know they can stay away 2-3-4 years without losing any fan. i would be happy if they would do a new album, for sure, but i don't think this will happen, it would be great if they would publish a double live album!

yes bring on the next. and please bring more of a raw sound. at the moment 'hurricane bar' of MANDO DIAO is on heavy rotation in my player. producer is Richard Raney who already has worked on former U2 albums. this is a great raw sound. another great producer for the next would be Rick Rubin. what do you think?

Infinitum98 said:
I hope they don't release another Zooropa-type record. Even though this kind of album would come very soon, I felt that Zooropa had no 'soul' like all other U2 albums.

I agree with the soul point, but actually I think zooropa is one of the most atmospheric albums they've ever recorded.

It really captured what they were all about at the time.

Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy Mercy :drool:

Zooropa does sound a little hollow, but I think that was the point. They wanted to distances themselves even further from the 'U2 sound' than they did with Achtung, Baby, and I think the further away they get from what they do best, the more 'soul' they lose.

You can only become someone else to a certain point without losing a bit of yourself. That's what you hear on Zooropa. U2 got as far away as they could without completely crumbling apart. That's what Zooropa is - the sound of the band breaking and tearing at the seams. It's a daring, sometimes frightening record. One of the reasons I love it so damn much.

-Miggy

Back
Top Bottom