Short vides + upcoming feature in The Guardian/Observer (updated 02/16)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anyone's able to rip it, I'd love a copy. :D

utooguy@gmail.com

Thanks!

Funny, even though I'm holding out on the clips, I did watch this. :shifty: Whatever song it is, that first riff was from the Daniel Lanois movie "Here Is What Is." In that film, Bono lays a pretty cool Middle Eastern-sounding lilt over top.

That first big riff was really what I was expecting based on the U2.com clips and the Fez setting, I hope it makes it to the album, wish it would have been on the walmart clips! Hopefully it is on the album somewhere.:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

My guess is; a. we haven't heard all of the title track or b. it's a part, maybe chorus, of stand up comedy

Funny, even though I'm holding out on the clips, I did watch this. :shifty: Whatever song it is, that first riff was from the Daniel Lanois movie "Here Is What Is." In that film, Bono lays a pretty cool Middle Eastern-sounding lilt over top.

:crazy: . . . me too :lol: . . . thought it sounded absolutely gorgeous, but you're right I'm getting to the point now where the album is getting so close to being in my hands and in my ears, that I sort of want to preserve the listening experience . . . :nerd:

but that was great - thanks for posting :up:

Yes, that's the same Lanois movie riff. They didn't use that on the album ? Pfft.

The second part reminds me of Ground beneath her feet. I was hoping for some MDH-like U2. This made the album ? :up:

My thinking is that based on listener and reviewer descriptions, "that killer riff" is No Line on the Horizon? Maybe the version of No Line on the Horizon that Wal-Mart has previews for is not the album version, but rather the alternate version? Maybe the punk version that made the album is what we hear in these videos?

You guys love a riddle.
Of coarse it's the album version :)

How could they NOT use that riff, its sounds so awesome, especially when the keyboard kicks in. And how can people say this wont be on the album, we've only heard the 30sec preview.

just my 2 cents

If you watch the Achtung Baby video there's a shot at the beginning that looks very similar to one in this video- the camera moving past Adam as he blocks the sun from his eyes in Morocco.

PLEASE tell me that first part is going to make the album...strange, we only heard 30 secs of course but i dont see this on any of the clips. it sounds different than any of the 30 sec previews...but who knows....just hope it makes it, the riff is incredible, especially with those keyboards.

I think the second part of the clip is the same chord progression as on the dallas video when he is walking around taking notes.

this riff should be on the album .

i asked 3 different person who heard the album and none of them know.

i cannot believe if they cut it . for me it should be the track NLOTH with a wonderful intro since zoo station.

ok i'm staying away from the walmart clips but is that AMAZING riff on any of the 30 sec clips? It reminds me of the Achtung Baby outtakes of acrobat... I LOVE THAT RIFF!!!

Great find btw, thanks to the OP...

It is a minor riff with a 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 waltz beat. Very acrobat-ish.

I hate to say it but it might have actually been an early version of boots. Listen from :58 to 1:13, kinda sounds like the chords from the chorus...

If they've really held true to the original reports of using varying song structures a la some Middle Eastern music, then it's entirely possible that the riff is in a song even though it's not in a mere 30-second clip. We'll have to wait and see.

I have a hunch that this could be seen in Fez-Being born since it's two songs and we only heard the intro of possibly the first hallf? I am sure we will see this riff. It's too good to get cut!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom