Shite Creek, Elk River, ID, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinkin' more Darius or Cambyses.

Nah, actually I like Leon... it's still got that Classical side of things, but it's not completely uncommon today.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been doin thangs, I guess. Happy new year and everything like that.

I've always thought Xerxes is an awesome name. Shame all the names that I think are awesome are impractical. I mean, Methuselah just rolls off the tongue so nicely!

You got good NYE plans? I presume it's as stinking hot over your way as it is here?

As long as you're not going around naming your kids Pilot Inspektor (sic).

I've always thought Xerxes is an awesome name. Shame all the names that I think are awesome are impractical. I mean, Methuselah just rolls off the tongue so nicely!

You got good NYE plans? I presume it's as stinking hot over your way as it is here?

Yeah, I've loved the name Xerxes since I was a kid, in fact, before I even knew much about the historical Xerxes I. But Cyrus, I think, is a more desirable figure to name a kid after, even if Xerxes is often unfairly demonised by Western writers (fuck you, Frank Miller).

Nebuchadnezzar a pretty good name, too. As far as more common Biblical names go, I like Jonah. After Lomu. ;)

NYE... oh dear, well I was going to go to Adelaide and do one of several things I was invited to, but instead I decided to stay in Yorkes and spend time with one of my best friends at one of the beach celebrations. But she's got a really bad cold now, so... yeah, life's a bitch. I'll probably just be staying home watching the Shaun Micallef special.

Yeah, I've loved the name Xerxes since I was a kid, in fact, before I even knew much about the historical Xerxes I. But Cyrus, I think, is a more desirable figure to name a kid after, even if Xerxes is often unfairly demonised by Western writers (fuck you, Frank Miller).

Nebuchadnezzar a pretty good name, too. As far as more common Biblical names go, I like Jonah. After Lomu. ;)

NYE... oh dear, well I was going to go to Adelaide and do one of several things I was invited to, but instead I decided to stay in Yorkes and spend time with one of my best friends at one of the beach celebrations. But she's got a really bad cold now, so... yeah, life's a bitch. I'll probably just be staying home watching the Shaun Micallef special.

Oh yeah, well there was no disputing that until Billy Ray and Miley had to come along and poison everything.

You mean to tell me there was ANOTHER Jonah?! Wow, this Bible I bought in Wellington is all wrong! :wink:

Oh, bugger! I'm now very relieved the only plans I've made are to have some drinks at home and post on here. The heat's diabolical. I wouldn't want to go out tonight. One of my friends had been proposing a pizza night until we all saw how hot it would be. Ice cream night, maaaybe ...

I have to work on NYE. :happy: As I've had to the past three years.

:huh: The rare super-bogan?

A new breed of redneck evolving heightened levels of tolerance to ordinarily fatal levels of alcohol in exchange for a brain that gets exponentially smaller the higher the tolerance becomes.

A new breed of redneck evolving heightened levels of tolerance to ordinarily fatal levels of alcohol in exchange for a brain that gets exponentially smaller the higher the tolerance becomes.

Sounds like part of the plot of Idiocracy.

Whoa, whoa dude, I don't care what your stupid indie tastes are, but there's no way you can deny Kiss and the Chili Pepper's remarkable influences on popular music.

Hey now, I wasn't denying Kiss! Don't spread such spurious lies. Their make-up clearly warrants their induction into the Hall of Fame! They've done more for rock than uh ...

... uh ...

... oh look over there, an even more convoluted sentence to wrap your head around!

I just got caught up determining which photos of a poorly focused bunch I should upload from Paris. :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom