Shame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
Shame

Shame on you
ivory tower
invincible you’re not.
Anger
frustration
reeks from my veins
blood
tears
everywhere.

Sit on your pedestal
as you ponder forgiveness.
Lives torn apart
like shreds of paper
which cannot be pieced together
to wholeness again
nor the dead dignified.

Shame on you
ivory tower
powerful you’re not.
Hell bent fury of the storm
does not describe
how vulnerable the sheep felt....
left abandoned and helpless
after the winds
after the waters
after the storm.

Survivors of the storm
trying to seek shelter as
the timeline faded away
in the greatest of need.
Shame on you
ivory tower...
our pillar of strength crumbled
as did the walls of the city . . .
as did the hearts of Mankind.

09-07-05

carol
wizard2c
:|

I know I always say Learn from the past, do not dwell on it. But from a wizard's world-wide perspective.....this needs to be said.

There is too much sadness to this even though it was an act of nature.....nonetheless it was a failure before and after the storm and a tremendous one which will affect our country for many many years to come.......but the greatest sorrow: all the homeless and displaced people.........money can never replace feelings and memories and lost lives.

carol
wizard2c

PS: This has been bothering me all day so I wrote about what I feel. And I do know it is getting better but I still get a great sense of anger and frustration.

A note of relief from NBC News this evening.......seems a lot of big and even smaller cities are reviewing their Emergency / Contingency Plans..........{great idea!}

I sure would like to see a copy of the Remediation Plan for draining the flood waters out of New Orleans...that should be interesting reading.

I wonder if most people know what a Remediation Plan is??? There is so much the general public does not know.

Have to leave.......watching a cauldron....elements......elements....

carol
wizard2c

Wizard.........

you're not alone. I would advise you to stop thinking you are.
You can say you're a wizard all you want, but you're no less human than anyone else.

That isn't an insult, it's a compliment...

Thank you, For Honor, it's just that I try to be careful what I say....sometimes I feel I should keep my comments and feelings to myself......besides who does care what I have to say anyway. Let the World go on its own merry way. I'll just mind my own business.

You're the only one who even responded to this posting........I get to the point where I say why even bother?

I'll find my timeline out....I know it's there.......

carol
wizard2c

It is easy to get illusioned, distorted........ that is something I know for sure.

It's not about who cares what you have to say, it's about how much it means to you, and how much you believe in it.

It's almost like..... like a knob, volume nob.
You can't control what they put on the radio, but you can control how loud it is, how much it impacts you. You can turn it up, or you can turn it off. THat is your choice......

or at least, such is my opinion

wow...that was so good. I wanted to write a poem about it very badly but I couldnt find the words to fit what I was feeling. You did it for me. Thank you!

:wink: That was really great Wizard2c!!!

Of course we all feel kinda helpless in front of big nature disorders...but AFTER that we MUST help these peolple...in fact it could have be you or me in that infortunate situation!!!

Let's hope that PEACE will come back there...but now we all feel sick and helpless...unfortunately...human kind....

See ya
Cath:bono:

Back
Top Bottom