Set list party : BOK Center, Tulsa; May 2, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GUYS I JUST SAW ACROBAT. IT WAS AWESOME. I am so smelly and my ears are ringing, but boy do I have a GA story to tell. Later.

DcPqwFzXcAA14YD.jpg

I miss my first tour since 2001 and they break out Acrobat and bring back SATS.

Blown away with Acrobat. Obviously. I gotta say though that the McPhisto was disappointing. Basically a snapchat or instagram filter.

I know it has become a cartoonish call for this song to be played, but it is a bad (if not the worst) song on AB and and it certainly wasn't a good song last night. I hope the mob that has driven this will subside and let them move on to something better. I doubt it but I hope so.

we fucking get it, you've expressed how much you hate the song at least six times in the last 10 pages

Can those up front along the catwalk see them for the opening two songs? It looks like they're too high up for the first couple of rows.

And were the visuals for the SOI songs the same as last time out?

Last edited:
Ballsy setlist yes indeed....

- no JT songs
- 17 songs from after 2000
- 5 songs from 80 s
- 5 songs from 90 s

I have nothing against that, i love SOI and SOE but To me there are some weird omissions like Red flag day, and Summer of Love. Just 2 or 3 changes and we have a really good setlist.
HMTMKMKM should be played live.
Add Gloria next to ABOY.
Replace the sleepy version of Best thing with Little things

It Will evolve over time...

Just watched a chunk of the show on youtube; i'm still in shock that they actually didn't do ANY joshua tree material. I figured they were going to sneak in at least a song or two... For me, blackout was a highlight (i had been hoping for months that this would open the show with them inside the screen!). Very effective (haunting?) imagery as well. HMTMKMKM i didn't care for. I think the original version goes over much better and I think it's more recognizable to casual fans. Also, not totally jazzed with the cartoon storyline associated with it. Acrobat was good, but the whole Macphisto thing didn't make a ton of sense to me. ZOOTV was my first U2 show so I got the reference, but I'm not sure how many people who aren't hardcore fans did get it. That, and the whole "filter" thing of Macphisto was weird-looking and seemed to not work very well (ie, glitchy). American soul was decent I thought. It seemed to get a fairly good crowd reaction. Lastly, 13 closing the show didn't seem to work well (the bulk of the encore for that matter). I'm willing to bet over 1/2 of the people at these shows think they are hearing SFS (for a second time that night) acoustically.

One of the longest in terms of number of songs (I think tied with one of the 2015 shows), but not their longest ever in terms of time. 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Still feeling the setlist avatar sleeping on it. Encore needs a lift, though....

WOW what a show! Acrobat sounded fantastic, it didn't disappoint me ! I really thought Edge's playing was excellent! :rockon:

This may be my favorite set list of theirs in years. Just happy seeing the names and what I've heard is excellent. Horses, Desires top 5 songs for me. I love this album, sounds great. i haven't heard Little Things live so hope to hear that at one of the shows...

Oh my god Staring at the Sun -- so excited! All because of You so much fun.

Forget UTEOTW and ELEVATION... The FLy is all that's missing.... too many good songs boys!

I like that they didn't play JT because they just played the whole fucking thing.... I hope they don't play SBS every night, but I know they will and that's fine. But if put Red Flag Day in there, I think it would work just as fucking well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom