September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW...anyone know what row the overhang starts in lower tier? Is it like 20 something?

Thought would add this to the thread. If accurate, bight help with obstructions, ewtc.

29c42mo.jpg

How much did you pay for these?

I got section 206, row 6 and they were $55. I am hoping that they are not obstructed view?????

Same price for me. Looking at the diagram above, I think we'll both be OK, though 206 maybe just barely.

My brother and I are skipping classes and driving up real early from Rutgers to get a good spot in line. Hope to see everyone there :up:

Just got email:

Hi , The ticket(s) you ordered on March 24, 2009 for U2 have been printed! They will be shipped to you shortly via US Mail.

:hyper:

Same price for me. Looking at the diagram above, I think we'll both be OK, though 206 maybe just barely.

Thanks! I really hope that behind/on the side of the stage seats are not crappy. I am so afraid of this!

Anybody from the last two tours sit behind the stage have a bad experience??? (Or a good one) :)

I had a pretty good experience during Vertigo. Sat behind the stage at MSG. The band never looked in our direction, and the bead-light-thingys were a pain during a few songs, but seats were close and the $$$ was good.

Of the 3 times I saw Vertigo, 2 were GA and 1 was behind the stage--The behind the stage seats were fine!

I sat behind the stage once at Vertigo MSG as well, thought it was a great deal. Plus, even though the band is not looking at you most of the show you do get to see things like Bono copping a major feel on Adam that the rest of the arena doesn't see. :D

I had a behind the stage at a Vertigo show and it was ok. The band didn't really turn around, but I was happy just to be there and hear the music.

Thanks! I really hope that behind/on the side of the stage seats are not crappy. I am so afraid of this!

Anybody from the last two tours sit behind the stage have a bad experience??? (Or a good one) :)

Behind the stage was great, you don't get a full look at the "show" but you see behind the scenes, stuff that you can miss from the front. Sound was great and being close was fun too. Every now and again one of them turn around and play to the rear, mostly Bono. I experienced this at MSG on the Vertigo tour.

I sat behind the stage for a Philly Vertigo show. I was in Row 3 or something. The seats were fine. That whole string of lights backdrop did annoy me a bit though! If you're going to be close enough, you gotta make sure the band members know you're there. In between songs I started yelling, "Larry! Larry!"

The people in the two rows in front of me were laughing at my antics, but then they joined in on trying to get Larry's attention. Intense Larry was so focused on the show that he was oblivious to us. But The Edge heard us and he turned to look in our direction. We started going crazy. The Edge got Larry's attention and nodded in our direction, so then Larry started turning around! And everybody cheered and clapped so Larry waved at us!! That was awesome!! Yeah, everyone was laughing at me, but I got Larry to wave in the middle of a show (with their help!)... so that's gotta be something. So regardless where you are, enjoy the atmosphere, you'll meet some great U2 fans too.

For this show I actually got 4th row in Section 109. Damn, I thought the stage was going to be a little bit further behind... it looks like I'm going to be looking at Adam's profile for 80% of the night... Do we have confirmation that the stage is actually going to be rotating??

the scale in which they did that model is quite scary. look at how small the people are compared to the claws. And the band seems so small in a sea of GA people, and the seats people are so, so, so ar away from the stage.

Actually, the round stage design will probably alleviate some of the pressure of people pushed against the railing... Bigger area of railing means fewer people pushing forward. One can hope, right?

So, where I am taking my Katie to see the show at Gillette, I am coming down from Maine to see the Giants Stadium show solo. Who's gonna be tailgating that day, cause I plan on getting there early and I'll want people to hang with ha. I plan of meeting the band as they arrive then maybe cookin' up some burgers

SMB

So, where I am taking my Katie to see the show at Gillette, I am coming down from Maine to see the Giants Stadium show solo. Who's gonna be tailgating that day, cause I plan on getting there early and I'll want people to hang with ha. I plan of meeting the band as they arrive then maybe cookin' up some burgers

SMB

We'll try to plan something when the time comes! :wave:

I don't know. They are lower seating, but I'm not sure what sections. Someone who has gotten them can probably tell you that.

I am sure they saved at least half the GA's for GP sales. I bet we're gonna get a second show announcment this weekend. Hope we have the ACCESS code again cause I wanna save my two remaining tix for Dallas/Houston

SMB

they have to reserve tickets for the general public sale.

as for the ellipse thing...wtf, how will they even be able to get onto the catwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom