September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point HiaS:up:

I saw something posted earlier this evening on Interference that June/July 2010 more N.A. Tour Dates & that is exactly what Shawn said a few days ago..... but technically you are right we should wait until confirmed

Those rumors have been flying around since early this year about June/July 2010 North American dates. And obviously, the majority of the months of the year are not possibilities for concerts in North America due to the weather. It's really no remarkable stroke of genius to accurately predict that the tour will return next June and July.

So, is there gonna be any kind of interference meet up tomorrow or Thursday?

SMB

If anyone with seats is interested in a meetup prior to tomorrow's show either in the stadium around 6ish or possibly before in the parking lot.. Drop me a line and we can exchange numbers to coordinate..

I'm staying in a hostel in Harlem, hoping to get down to the stadium for around midday. And I'm bringing my mac-in-a-pac. It's been sunny and hot at all the shows so far!

So I just realized that the train and bus don't leave NY til 3 - I can't believe we didn't notice this tomorrow. Is there anyone driving from NYC who could give me a ride?

will they cancel for rain?

probably not for rain, unless it's torrential downpours. i think one of the shows they did in europe rained... i remember they had this big overhang thing over larry's drums to prevent them from getting wet.

if it's thundering and lightening as the forecast says it might, then that would be something they could cancel the show for, cuz that would obviously be dangerous.

So I just realized that the train and bus don't leave NY til 3 - I can't believe we didn't notice this tomorrow. Is there anyone driving from NYC who could give me a ride?

The buses don't go until 3pm either?! Surely there must be some way to get to Meadowlands before then on public transport ...?

Wanna share a cab ...? Or would it be outrageously expensive?

I sure hope you guys are right. but the forecast is for thunderstorms and their stage stage has a big lightning rod on the top...

I'll be wearing my rainboots. :D

according to the U2 concert policies pdf the meadowlands released, the shows are rain or shine, so i cant imagine them canceling over that

also, i drove back on paterson plank road before, & noticed all lanes were back open. there's still road cones & construction gear so it may pick up again tomorrow during the day, but around 10:30pm it was like nothing ever happened :shrug:

also most of the staging trucks that i saw earlier on paterson plank were emptied. & inside GS, you can clearly see the tips of cranes, the house lights are blaring, and about 10 trucks were lined up waiting to enter the stadium. who knows maybe the road crew will pull off a miracle!!

i doubt they will cancel if it's just rain, but it's the forecast of thunderstorms that has me a bit nervous.

and if they were forced to cancel the show due to thunderstorms, i don't see how they could reschedule the show at all. they obviously can't reschedule it to friday because of the jets game on sunday, so that would leave no other dates available, unless they postponed the date until some weeks later, and i cant imagine them doing that, ya know?

hopefully this turns out to be nothing and the weather will be good tomorrow...

I dunno, the weather on the news was fairly optimistic about no rain tomorrow night, and really optimistic about Thursday. Perhaps they are worried about what rain might do to the building of the stage, but again, the weatherman was sounding optimistic.

Varitek and cathalmc: Look at this post re: the buses, there are some earlier in the day...

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6400240&postcount=833

I feel that if they can't play Friday they would just be über-rushy to get the stage down after playing a Thursday gig. That or the Jets would have to move their game back to 7. It just seems unimaginable that U2 would wholesale cancel the show if it isn't a 100% necessity.

I am at the Charlston Plaze outside Worcester. Halfway there! They won't cancel cause of rain. They might cancel Wednesday's show cause the stage is nowhere near ready, but Thursday will be okay. By the way... EPCOT... I love WDW. I co-host a Disney Podcast called "WaltCast". My girlfriend and I are going back to WDW at the end of October, a week after my Texas U2 shows! Something to look forward to on the plane after my last 360 2009 show

SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom