September 6, 2010 - Ataturk Olympic Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After being a die hard fan of the band since the last 14 years, finally for the first time, will be flying to Istanbul from Pakistan to attend their concert :)

cant wait !!!! :lol:

After being a die hard fan of the band since the last 14 years, finally for the first time, will be flying to Istanbul from Pakistan to attend their concert :)

Very awesome!! Please come back after the show and tell us your thoughts!!

It's always great to hear about a die hard fan's first show!!

I have been waiting for this since last year when the dates were announced! and OFCOURSE i will share the experience how it went :) any other members who are attending the show ? should we all get together at the James Joyce bar a night before the concert ?

Fantastic! Literally!

What Rosa said, let us know how it was please! Oh, and if you say James Joyce then others will follow :)

Fantastic! Literally!

What Rosa said, let us know how it was please! Oh, and if you say James Joyce then others will follow :)

Stop confusing me! The James Joyce is in Athens. Istanbuls Irish bar is rather originally just called Irish Bar. We do plan on being in there on the 5th but we arrive quite late from Athens.

For everyone attending the Istanbul show, this is what I found (after a veryyyy long search btw) on a Turkish U2 FB page. I think it's very useful info about the different means of transportation.
*********************************************************************************************

While you’re getting ready for the biggest concert ever organized in Istanbul, you are welcomed to join in the activities at the event zone after 01.00 pm. Stadium gates will open at 5.30 pm.
Arrive early, use public transportation! In ord......er to avoid the probable traffic jam, arriving early and using public transportation is essential. For additional meeting points please follow U2 360° Tour İstanbul 06Eylül'10 and Biletix .

Arriving to the Stadium
You can take the metro, the tram, the metrobus, the bus or the dolmuş (shuttles) to get to meeting points. We suggest you to buy 5-piece tickets from İETT ticket booths before the event.

Meeting Points
There will be İETT buses going to the stadium regularly. By using metro, tram, metrobus, dolmuşshuttle) or bus from central locations such as Taksim and Zincirlikuyu, you can easily arrive to our meeting points.

For a roundtrip ride to the stadium, we suggest you to buy 5-piece tickets from İETT retail points before the event.

TRAIN From Sirkeci to Halkalı, every 15 minutes
METROBUS Avcılar-Zincirlikuyu-Sğütlüçeşme line to Yenibosna
LIGHT METRO Aksaray-Havalimanı line to Yenibosna
BUS From all central locations to Yenibosna

Taksim(between 12:30-17:00), Halkalı and Yenibosna (between12:30-20:30)are our meeting points for the show. There will be İETT buses going to the stadium from these points regularly.(The cost is 4 tickets for the roundtrip)

Coming Back From the Stadium
All the routes aforementioned are valid for going back to the city. With extra IETT buses after the show, you can get off at Halkalı for the train and Yenibosna for the metrobus, the light metro and the bus. There will be no Taksim buses at that time.

Private Transportation
Stadium’s parking lot’s fee is 10 TL. Capacity is limited.
You can come to the parking lot from TEM highway’s last exit before Mahmutbey toll booths.

If the Stadium’s parking lot is full, all the coming vehicles will be welcomed to ISTOC parking lot. There will be free shuttles to stadium from here. These free shuttles will also be available after the show.

PS: East-north roads are closed due to construction, only west-south road is available.

Enjoy the show :hyper:

Okay first of all, as per my researches, there IS an Irish bar with the name of James Joyce in Istanbul. Check on google map: James Joyce Irish Pub Beyoglu - Google Maps

Aside from that, thank you soooooooooooooo much acrobad for the details regarding transportation and the meeting points. I was curious about this because my accomodation is at the Asian Side, 5 minutes away from the dock. Travelling over to european side isnt an issue since most of the tourist spots are around the Taksim and nearby vicinities, so how about those attending the show decide a meeting point ?

I am leaving for Istanbul on the morning of 3rd from Karachi.

Hello from the maddest Bulgarian U2 fan :))
So happy that I will hear again this beautiful music and will see again the marvellous 360 degrees set! There are many organised bus travels from my country for the event and I'm hoping again for some cheerful company :)
Have fun, everybody! Istanbul is such a great city to visit!
And BTW I hope U2 would play a really groovy "Mysterious Ways" there! I also expect some authentic dancing on stage for it :)

Bulgarians usually choose hotels in Laleli district. We will leave Sofia tomorrow morning and hopefully some of us will make an evening walk to Istiklal Str. and Taksim, and eventually will check that Irish pub :) On Monday I personally intend to visit (again) the Kariye Museum, with the extremely beautiful Byzantine mosaics.. Then in the afternoon our bus will take us to the stadium and after the concert we're heading back for Bulgaria.
All the best!
I found grace inside a sound...

Okay excellent. So people, ı have been ın Istanbul sınce frıday and ıt has been quıte a magnıfıcent tıme so far.

Let us all make some plans sınce tonıght ıs the nıght when U2 probably comes to town. Irısh Bar everybody!

ıncase anybody wants, ı can gıve my cell number too. ı am stayıng across ın asıan sıde but just 20 mınutes away from european sıde on a ferry.

Hey Kev, looks like our advance party is getting Istanbul airport ready for our arrival :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom