September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope so!

I just talked to the friend who's going with me on Sunday, and we'll probably be there between 1:30 and 2 - I'd love to get there super-early but I don't want to be pushy :)

See you all then!!

Plan ahead with the MBTA because it has been really bad.

In my opinion anyone planning to take public transport on Sunday really needs to give that idea some serious thought. You may be able to get out to Gillette by commuter rail and taxi from Mansfield Station, but the last train to South Station leaves Mansfield at 10:35 pm, and believe me, those trains don't wait around.... unless they have broken down or crashed into something.

Providence/Stoughton Train Schedule

Dream Chaser, or anyone familiar with the area, do you know if there are other parking lots close to the stadium ? Like on North St. or Washington St. ?

I gotta park my car somewhere, my hotel is a bit far for walking ... (Courtyard Marriott Norwood)

thanks!

Hey Hulky, we're at the same hotel :wave:

The reason for the 3pm rule is because of the Country Fest fiasco. It was an absolute disaster for them this year so they changed the rules.

I heard about this... what happened exactly? What were the rules then? And how is the 3pm making it better?

Well, whatever happens on Sunday, I hope they learn from it for Monday night.

Yes, safe travels everyone!!!

Im sure Ill be walking by some of you :D

I'll be the girl with brown hair feebling trying to sell her extra tickets. :yuck:

Does anyone know if they usually soundcheck the day before the first show and, if so, what time that would happen? The area at Gillette on the side of Patriot Place is wide open and would be a great place to hang outside and catch a soundcheck.

Questions for those of you familiar with the traffic setting/roads in the area...

Coming from the north (Maine), I have two choices according to Google Maps.

1) The most direct route is I-95 all the way south until hitting 1/Providence Highway and entering the stadium complex from the northeast.

2) The longer route mileage-wise (an extra 18 miles) exits onto I-495 just after crossing into Mass and then takes it all the way to 1/Providence Highway, and enters the stadium complex from the southwest.

In theory, the shorter route should be fastest, but I won't be able to arrive at the stadium until 5:30-6:00pm, meaning I'll be fighting rush hour traffic along with the U2 traffic. Does this mean that taking the "back way" of 495 would be faster because it would avoid the brunt of the traffic? Or will the traffic be equally heavy each way? Does the additional time on 1/Providence Highway when coming from the southwest compared to the northeast cancel out any gain from avoiding rush hour Boston traffic? Will parking be easier one way or the other?

I know these are all hypotheticals and difficult to predict due to the nature of this being the BIGGEST EVEN EVER at Gillette, but free beers to whoever can answer any or all of these questions! :lol:

I am coming from Maine as well. On Sunday, it's safe to take 95 all the way. On the way home at the last show I saw, I was forced to take 495 cause of the traffic going on direction out of the parking lot. But, 95 is my route tomorrow.

SMB

Thanks for the advice, though I guess I should have clarified I'll be going on Monday. :( Rush hour baby!

Questions for those of you familiar with the traffic setting/roads in the area...

Coming from the north (Maine), I have two choices according to Google Maps.

1) The most direct route is I-95 all the way south until hitting 1/Providence Highway and entering the stadium complex from the northeast.

2) The longer route mileage-wise (an extra 18 miles) exits onto I-495 just after crossing into Mass and then takes it all the way to 1/Providence Highway, and enters the stadium complex from the southwest.

In theory, the shorter route should be fastest, but I won't be able to arrive at the stadium until 5:30-6:00pm, meaning I'll be fighting rush hour traffic along with the U2 traffic. Does this mean that taking the "back way" of 495 would be faster because it would avoid the brunt of the traffic? Or will the traffic be equally heavy each way? Does the additional time on 1/Providence Highway when coming from the southwest compared to the northeast cancel out any gain from avoiding rush hour Boston traffic? Will parking be easier one way or the other?

I know these are all hypotheticals and difficult to predict due to the nature of this being the BIGGEST EVEN EVER at Gillette, but free beers to whoever can answer any or all of these questions! :lol:

If you're going Monday (which I assume you are since you'll have to battle rush hour), then there is NO WAY you should get on 95. You might sit for 2 hours. It's way faster to go 495S and then get on 95N. I can't remember the exit number on 495 but you can't miss it. 95 is brutal at rush hour.

I know that there will be more people at this than a Pats game but they handle concerts with GA all the time. This venue has their shit together - I've never had any trouble getting in or out. Just bring your walking shoes.

I agree, but my cousin doesn't have a car, and we get in too late for the big gathering anyway...

Should we make a tentative plan to meetup in Boston at a pub tonight then? Any takers? :) Times/location?

PM me with your number if interested! I'm working until 2 today and will get back to you after that!

Carrie

Carrie there's already plans to meet up at StoneForge Restaurant tonight at 7:30pm. They have tables reserved however there should be plenty of room to pony up to the bar for the rest of us .

a favor?

Hey all! -

I have a huge favor to ask of one of you who's going to be lining up sometime before noon. Like I posted earlier, due to the schedule of the friend who's going with me, we won't be getting to Gillette till sometime between 1:30 and 2:00. Based on everything I've read, we should still be able to get into the inner circle, so I'm not too worried.

But I was wondering, now that Zootopia is saying noon....would one of you mind sending me a text if the parking lots do in fact open at noon? I'll be out that morning before getting in the car to head to Gillette and would REALLY appreciate it. Let me know and I'll PM you my cell number.

Thanks in advance!!
Melissa

I'm so confused now about what time to show up. Big Wave posted that Live Nation said we could begin lining up at noon.

Well, I have called Gillette AGAIN and they are still giving the 3 pm spiel with the no lining up earlier warning.

I've been to the old Foxboro stadium and security was VERY strict there. The police are not so friendly either. The area around the stadium is HUGE and locals aren't too thrilled about patrons milling about their town....

So, I'm extremely nervous about showing up earlier than 3. I'm going by myself and getting dropped off, so it's not like I'll have anywhere to go if I show up at noon and get turned away.

I'm really hating on the town of Foxboro right now. I've always hated going to events there in the past for similar reasons, but this time is worse than ever. Nevermind the fact that I'm flat out unthrilled at the prospect of a stadium tour, but.... I just *had* to see them in Mass -- my home state! :doh:

Anyway, now I'm just randomly venting... I think I'll just try to get dropped off a little bit earlier than 3 and chance my luck with the line. Please 'be gentle with me'... Big crowds make me very nervous. :shifty::reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom