September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I can't count. :doh: We are up to 23 for the gathering. :up:

Like I said earlier, if anyone wants to do a less informal gathering after the 9/20 show I'm in. Maybe Bar Louie for a post-show drink?

Are you row seven or less for 305? Row seven or less is in the lower level of 305. I sat in the upper level for BJEJ in July and it is really really high. There is a whole club level between section 200 and 300. I would go with 202. I am sitting in section 203 row 1 and my ticket is labeled as 166x which is really good

SMB

305 seats are row 3; 202 seats are row 27. So while 305 is higher, the seats would technically be closer. I'm more curious/concerned with what views are like from the upper tiers at previous shows. I'm happy to take in the spectacle from a distance, because the next night I'm doing GA.

Well, row 3 is in the lover section. There are two sections in the 300 level. Still, both very very high. Look at the ticket and see what the better X number is.

SMB

Are you row seven or less for 305? Row seven or less is in the lower level of 305. I sat in the upper level for BJEJ in July and it is really really high. There is a whole club level between section 200 and 300. I would go with 202. I am sitting in section 203 row 1 and my ticket is labeled as 166x which is really good

SMB

SMB, what does '166x' on the ticket mean? My crappy 300 level seats for 9/20 say 119x but my hopefully decent 100 level ones for 9/21 say 10x.

Thanks

Daygloeyes, thanks for organizing this, unfortunately I don't think I'll be available. Have fun guys, :wave:.

I'll look out for you Interferencers in the GA line for the Sunday show.

I'm making the reservation this Wednesday. Of course I can probably call and add names, but if you know you can go, please let me know by then.

The meetup is September 19th at CBS Scene next to Gillette Stadium at 7:30. List of attendees so far:

Me
Bonoishot
Lauramullen
Vjacqb
MoodyJ
Tripletmom
Kassandra and friend
Val
Blm
U2FloridaFan and 2 friends
HBK79
Jesseu2
Diamond
Cathalmc
Shawn Bonneau and girlfriend

I would looooooove to come, but i just can't commit to anything as I will have non-interferencers with me and we haven't decided when or how soon we'll get into the area. i can reach out to someone as the time gets closer......

Post-Show gatherings on Sunday night will rock. Katie and I plan on taking our time getting out of the stadium. We figure we either spend two hours hanging with people around the parking lots (anyone gonna have a grill?) or we spend two hours sitting in traffic. Either way. Even after getting outta the stadium for a concert half the size, it took us an additional 45 minutes to get to 495 haha

SMB

I took Rockbus to Springsteen at the Comcast Center and it was a great experience. They parked in the VIP lot and during the concert they moved the bus right on to the exit road so once the last person was on it took off immediately. I made it back in time for the MBTA both nights from the Comcast (obviously Gillette is not the Comcast) so I can't say for sure if it will make it back for the MBTA after U2.

The Rockbus staff is very responsive so if you want to request a stop or ask questions they respond within a matter of hours.

Traffic is never too bad after a Comcast/Tweeter/GreetWoods/WTF is is concert cause it pretty much empties right onto the interstate. After the U2 concert (the largest crowd EVER at Gillette) it'll be tough. It's a few miles to any interstate exit or even worse beyond the exits on RT1. Getting back in time will be tight, unless they told trains for an hour or so, which I don't see them doing

SMB

I think a good post-show parking lot BBQ would be cool. A lotta people do that after concerts there while they let traffic tame

SMB

Bad news. :(

I just called to make the reservation. There are already 3 large parties that night that have reservations so they won't be able to seat us. :scream:

I'm really sorry. I thought with 2 weeks notice we would be able to get in.

Thanks for the help; I imagine rockbus will work really well for us!

Bets on making it back to South Station in time for the T back to Cambridge?

Hi guys. :wave: I'm going to the 9/21 show, but I'm trying to figure out how to get there. My boyfriend and I are staying with his sister in Newton, MA and we're wondering if there's a cheaper option than the $40 parking at Gillette.

I think the train is out, or do you think they'll be running for the concert?

I looked at Rockbus, but I think you have to pre-pay? How does that work?

And I was hoping to get to the stadium early to get a peek at the band before the show (or stay later and try to see them afterwards).

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks! :D

Hi guys. :wave: I'm going to the 9/21 show, but I'm trying to figure out how to get there. My boyfriend and I are staying with his sister in Newton, MA and we're wondering if there's a cheaper option than the $40 parking at Gillette.

I think the train is out, or do you think they'll be running for the concert?

I looked at Rockbus, but I think you have to pre-pay? How does that work?

And I was hoping to get to the stadium early to get a peek at the band before the show (or stay later and try to see them afterwards).

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks! :D

Ely! I remember you! :hyper: How are ya? :hug:

Jem(bonoishot) and I will be at the shows too!

DG!:hug: I've been busy. I missed you guys!

Cool! Maybe we could meet? I read your earlier posts about a gathering. How is that going?

Oh, I'm SOOO excited! My first U2 concert! :hyper::hyper::hyper::D

Plans fell through on the location we wanted. The place already has 3 large parties booked for the 19th. :mad:

Yes we should! We need to catch up. It's only been, what, 4 years? ;)

And the 21st is Jem's birthday.

Awww your first U2 show? :love: These will be numbers 3 and 4 for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom