September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Sept. 21 International Day of Peace
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »

---------------------We are asking everyone going to the Boston show on Sept. 21st to bring a battery operated tea light with them. At the beginning of "Beautiful Day" turn on your candle and hold it high over your head. For one song lets focus that incredible joy on the idea of Peace on Earth. Let's change the temperature, in our hearts, in the stadium, maybe even in the world!!
Battery operated tea lights are widely available in stores and online and cost about $5 for six or $1 to $1.50 for a single. Bring an extra for someone who doesn't have one!
The more participants we have the more powerful the moment - so please participate!!
And pass it on!!!!!-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm totally new to Interference, but I just wanted to tell folks that I found a Motel (with a capital M) that's supposedly a 1-mile walk from Gillette. It's definitely not luxury, but it's cheap. As of 8/9, they still had a few rooms left for that weekend: the Walpole Motel. I was psyched to get a room since I thought it was out of the question when I saw the rates at other places. ($650 @ Patriot Place!) Hopefully this helps someone who hasn't found a place to stay yet.

Is anybody planning to carpool for this concert? (Gillette1) My wife and I have GA tickets and may need an early ride (to and fro). If anybody is interested in splitting gas and parking, we may be interested too! (my wife and I).

If not we'll just have to rent a zipcar. :)

We live in Cambridge; I'll have to confirm it with my wife :)madwife:), but we were planning early Sunday morning (ca. 6-8AM?), but we could be flexible. (basically anytime to get a good -not necessarily the best- spot)

I'm aiming more for 10-noon (both days, I suppose), but would also maybe want to carpool. We don't have a rental reserved yet (but I'm going to be aiming for at least the 3rd or 4th "size", not the "two" tiniest ones).

1st of 5 360 shows. Afterwards my lucky number will be 13. Until next year anyways hahah. 15 probably by the end of 2010. In 3-4 weeks we should get 2010 dates

SMB

HBK79's friend won't be able to make it. We're down to 18 now.

I am planning on making the reservation the first week of September, so if anyone else wants in please let me know soon. :)

Sept 20 will be show number 9 for me and after 2 Foxboro shows and Giants Stadium on Friday I'll be up to 11. That's it for me this year as I've got about 10 Springsteen shows from 8/19 - 11/22.

Sept 20 will be show number 9 for me and after 2 Foxboro shows and Giants Stadium on Friday I'll be up to 11. That's it for me this year as I've got about 10 Springsteen shows from 8/19 - 11/22.

I've got it!! Sell the Springsteen tickets and apply proceeds towards 10 U2 shows. That sounds better :sexywink:

NEED SOME HELP, BOSTON FANS!

hi, guys. so I'm going to the show on the 21st, I'm coming up from NYC. I don't have a car, so I think we might take the greyhound, but I need some advice about navigating. the city...

1. is the greyhound station in a good area for sightseeing? if not, how can I get to a good area buy public transporation?

2. it seems gillette stadium isn't accessible by public transporation. true? should I rent a zipcar for a few hours to get down there or take a taxi, which cheaper? the zipcar would be about $45 split 2 ways

3. how IS public transportation in boston?

4. what should I see while I'm there, it's my first time!?

thanks for any help you can give!!!! :cute:

^ I'm not from Boston, but I've been to the city a few times.

Whenever I'm in Boston, I take the T (their subway) everywhere. That's enough to get you around the popular places in the city. Check out the MBTA website for more info on public transportation in Boston.

From what I heard it's very difficult to get to Gillette stadium by public transportation. Someone mentioned Rockbus. That may be the easier (and cheaper) way to get there if you don't really want to drive. It looks like it departs from South Station also.

As far as things to see, that really depends on what you like. Faneuil Hall (Quincy Market), New England aquarium, JFK museum, or go to Cambridge and visit MIT and Harvard.

1st of 5 360 shows. Afterwards my lucky number will be 13. Until next year anyways hahah. 15 probably by the end of 2010. In 3-4 weeks we should get 2010 dates

SMB

I can't WAIT for 2010 dates. :D I just hope they don't go on sale anytime soon, haha.

Random Boston question: is there public transportation to get to a cranberry bog? (and how far away from town, like, half an hour, a couple hours?) IDK, we just think it'd be cool to go visit a cranberry bog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom