September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a hotel as well. Never been to Chicago before I'm looking to stay in the suburbs and driving in or is there a train that will take us near Solidier Field?

I am in section 354 I believe they were $97 a piece. this will be my seventh u2 concert and my wifes first. Chicago is by far my favorite place I have seen them at.

We're in 335. Rick, I saw earlier that you were at the Notre Dame show 10/10/01. My sister and I were there, too--wasn't it amazing!!!:love:

From what I can tell, the train will take you to within about a mile (or just under) of Soldier Field. Go to GoogleMaps and type in your origin and destination and it will let you choose public transit as the method and you'll see the drop off spot.

I'm staying at the Travelodge downtown, which is about a block or so from the drop off I believe.

From what I can tell, the train will take you to within about a mile (or just under) of Soldier Field. Go to GoogleMaps and type in your origin and destination and it will let you choose public transit as the method and you'll see the drop off spot.

I'm staying at the Travelodge downtown, which is about a block or so from the drop off I believe.

Did you have to pay anything up front?

Fellow Interferencers:

Editors of our homepage Tracey and Andy will be hosting a happy hour on Saturday 9-12, location TBA: probably not best for folks waiting with GA tickets, but probably great for the rest of us.

Details forthcoming.

A

I'm trying to decide whether to get a hotel. I had planned on staying with a friend of mine who lives in Chicago, but my wife and I were thinking it might just be more convenient to stay at a hotel not too far from Soldier Field. But now reading some of the recent posts were some are suggesting we stay further away and take the train I'm now back to the idea of staying with my friend.

I dunno. Those prices sound pretty steep.

:hyper:

I really am having a hard time trying to find a hotel. I don't want to spend big bucks but I also don't want a seedy hotel. I can't remember the stupid hotel I stayed at last tour. Can anyone suggest a hotel?? :wave:

We are staying at the Arlington House Hostel, because we are GA and will only be going to the room for shower for the most part and as a place to crash in case camping is forbidden. The cost is about 80 a night for us with a private bathroom. And we have 4 people. Check that out.

:hyper:

I really am having a hard time trying to find a hotel. I don't want to spend big bucks but I also don't want a seedy hotel. I can't remember the stupid hotel I stayed at last tour. Can anyone suggest a hotel?? :wave:

We are staying at the Arlington House Hostel, because we are GA and will only be going to the room for shower for the most part and as a place to crash in case camping is forbidden. The cost is about 80 a night for us with a private bathroom. And we have 4 people. Check that out.

Sorry for the double post

Been looking as well at hotels. The hotels near the stadium in the downtown area are a bit expensive. Came across a site for area hotels near Midway airport and they range from $129 a night and up. midwayhotelcenter.com Don't know anything about the area really, but the prices aren't too bad. I am open to any suggestions as well.

Fellow Interferencers:

Editors of our homepage Tracey and Andy will be hosting a happy hour on Saturday 9-12, location TBA: probably not best for folks waiting with GA tickets, but probably great for the rest of us.

Details forthcoming.

A

:applaud:

Cool can't wait to meet some of you!!

Been looking as well at hotels. The hotels near the stadium in the downtown area are a bit expensive. Came across a site for area hotels near Midway airport and they range from $129 a night and up. midwayhotelcenter.com Don't know anything about the area really, but the prices aren't too bad. I am open to any suggestions as well.

Check by O'Hare Airport, too. The Blue Line train goes from that area into downtown. There are a lot of very good business hotels in the ORD area and along the train line. I'm partial to Embassy Suites for their free breakfasts and free booze at night.

Mark

I didn't know they had that. :sad: lol

It can vary by state. I was quite annoyed when I stayed at an Embassy in Boston last year--against state law to give away booze for the Manager's Reception. :angry: But, they make up for it with a pretty tasty appetizer buffet.

So, yeah, most Embassy Suites have a 2 hour Manager's Reception each night with free drinks--beer, wine, limited cocktails. It's my work hotel chain of choice.

We're staying at the one on 511 N. Columbus in Chicago for the shows.

Mark

Mark:wave:

Should I be concerned if we bought two tickets for 9-13-09 from TM & they have not arrived yet in the mail?

Purchased on 4-6-09

Check by O'Hare Airport, too. The Blue Line train goes from that area into downtown. There are a lot of very good business hotels in the ORD area and along the train line. I'm partial to Embassy Suites for their free breakfasts and free booze at night.

Mark

Thanks for the info. I have only checked the hotels in the downtown area they look absolutley beautiful and it seems like it would be exciting to stay downtown and those around Midway, but will definatley look into the hotels around O'Hare.
:)

Should I be concerned if we bought two tickets for 9-13-09 from TM & they have not arrived yet in the mail?

Have you gotten an email saying they've been printed? My email came early last week, and the tickets for 9/13 just showed up today.

I wouldn't be concerned.

Sorry for the double post

I checked it out. I'm a little iffy on it though. I saw some reviews that were a little bit negative....

How many are going to the Cubs game on Friday? Anyone know how to get cheap tickets?

Tickets are still available for Friday's game. See the link below.

2009 Cubs Schedule | cubs.com: Schedule

If the Cubs are out of playoff contention, tickets will be easy to get (but the game would be a lot less fun to go to). The place was buzzing today with Ramirez hitting a walk off home run in the 11th against the Cards!

I wonder if there is any chance that Bono would sing "Take me out to the Ball" at the 7th inning stretch :hyper:

If the Cubs are out of playoff contention, tickets will be easy to get (but the game would be a lot less fun to go to). The place was buzzing today with Ramirez hitting a walk off home run in the 11th against the Cards!

I wonder if there is any chance that Bono would sing "Take me out to the Ball" at the 7th inning stretch :hyper:

That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it? :love:

For those looking for cheaper hotel rates, you could always stay in South Bend, Michigan City...or somewhere along the south shore line. We've driven down and parked there before (free parking in Mi City) and the train was $8. It ends up at Randolph St. downtown. We will be staying with Phil's aunt who lives above this station (gazillion dollar condo) and probably walking to the stadium or taking a bus. Or you could stay somewhere else outside the city and take the Metra in. When we visit Phil's parents in Joliet we take the Metra downtown and walk or bus. The only problems would be I don't know how late these trains run back and you wouldn't have a place to shower.

I like the Cubs idea...

Blasphemy! Not make the playoffs? Pshh...

Just kidding. I'd go to the game for sheezie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom