September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giordano's for us all the way!

A tip...

Call ahead with your arrival time. Ask for the pizza to be ready when you arrive...

"We will be arriving at 7 PM. 4 of us dining in. We'd like to order.... can you have it ready at 7? Thanks. See you then."

This seems to always work for us. We show up, get a table, and don't have to wait 45 minutes to an hour for the pizza. Everyone looks at us like we are rock stars when we sit down and get served. :wink:

Just a thought.

Agree completely here.
I was there a few months ago and the deep dish is amazing.

Someone posted that they had contacted Soldier Field and they wouldn't allow anyone to line up prior to 6am Sat morning. That being said, where shall we start the line? :D

I'm driving in from IA the day before, and we changed our reservations from the Blake to the Arlington House Hostel, got a private room, why pay more to only have a place to shower?

Anyhow the last time I did GA in Houston, we lived there so it was very easy to go and see when the line was beginning to form etc... One experience in Lakeland, Fl we were told no camping etc... and the consensus was to meet at a local Perkins and do breakfast and everyone go over, however that didn't hold up as people camped anyhow.

Okay, so to the point, I am game for anything, but since I don't know the area I thought maybe someone here would be familiar and know the ropes for lining up at Soldier?

Horizon members

With just a hand full of dates left ... does anyone have a leftover horizon membership code they'd care to email me in private. I'd like to take my wife t o the show in Oklahoma and want to make sure we have great seats. I joined u2.com but only have a boots membership. We've been married 17 years and it would make for a special night for us. Thanks anyone ... I really appreciate it!

Edit:

Here's the reason I'm asking. I work at OU where the show is being held. There's an earlybird code that is floating around the net that was given out to all employees (2,000), students (20,000), and season ticket holders (70,000). That code allows people to purchase at noon tomorrow (tues). My boots membership allows me to purchase on Thursday (two days later). So I'm thinking that I don't have much of a chance against 100,000+ people even though I paid $50 for the right. That sucks and is the reason I'm here.

I paid for my flight to Chicago from London yesterday, land on 10th Sept. My first time stateside! Can't wait till the ginormous party!

Here's the reason I'm asking. I work at OU where the show is being held. There's an earlybird code that is floating around the net that was given out to all employees (2,000), students (20,000), and season ticket holders (70,000). That code allows people to purchase at noon tomorrow (tues). My boots membership allows me to purchase on Thursday (two days later). So I'm thinking that I don't have much of a chance against 100,000+ people even though I paid $50 for the right. That sucks and is the reason I'm here.

You shouldn't have much problem getting tickets. The earlybird code you refer to will be a different group of seats. The NY and Boston shows had codes like that floating around, and the tickets seemingly weren't as good(and no GA's) as for the U2.com members. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask for a Horizon code, but your odds are pretty long. Good luck during the onsale!

My boots membership allows me to purchase on Thursday (two days later). So I'm thinking that I don't have much of a chance against 100,000+ people even though I paid $50 for the right. That sucks and is the reason I'm here.

For OU, Boots is not on Thursday, it's on Wednesday at 6PM EDT, 5PM CDT etc.

:hyper:

I really am having a hard time trying to find a hotel. I don't want to spend big bucks but I also don't want a seedy hotel. I can't remember the stupid hotel I stayed at last tour. Can anyone suggest a hotel?? :wave:

Depends on what you consider big bucks, what you consider seedy, and how far away you're willing to stay.

For example, tonight on Hotwire.com, you can get a 2-star (I might not call it seedy, but my wife definitely would) in the McCormick Place/Soldier Field area for $119 a night.

For $136 you can get a 3.5-star in The Loop (well worth the $17 for the upgrade - this appears to be Club Quarters Chicago Club Quarters - Chicago, Central Loop).

If you want to really save money (this is what I would do), stay out at O'hare and take the blue-line train in to the Loop and walk to Soldier Field (or, if you need a close place to stash some of your GA line gear, use some of your savings and drive and park - you'll pay a bundle to park at any of the downtown hotels anyway). You can get a 3-star out there for $48/night. All rates are for 9/11-9/13.

U2girl, will you be flying in? If so, check out flight + hotel options on Expedia or Orbitz. I found a great deal that is basically getting me a really nice hotel in the Loop for what amounts to a little over $100 per night.

Not as cheap as that Travelodge, but a good deal if you can swing it. :)

I remember reserving a room at a hotel and paying when I got there. I can't afford everything all at once right now.

Spiral, I will probably do what you suggested. I don't drive(no license :reject: ) though.

Stayed at Club Quaters in the Loop. The rooms were small, but it was nice. Clean, quite. :up: Good location.

Good to hear - just booked there on Priceline for $110/night for Fri-Mon! Seems like a decent price. Tried 4 star only for $100/night and much to my shock it was rejected :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom