September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time are people planning to get in line? I was hoping for 10PM the night before, after driving 6 hrs.

that's crazy

I'll get in line as early as I can convince the rest of my group to line up :wink: I'm hoooping the night before. How does that work? Do you guys bring sleeping bags or something? or do you just not sleep?

I'll be there! I'll also be going with my mother, and therfore (since she's paying) will be sittingin Section 110. Anyone else going to be around that area? Have fun in GA! I sooo want to have a GA experience! Maybe if they have a second show, I'll get a ticket just for fun!

What sections have people gotten if they are doing seats for the presale. It would be nice to know for Monday and the possible 2nd show.

I see Section 110 with flowerchild. Anyone else? I'll be curious through ALL of the presales.

Mark

What sections have people gotten if they are doing seats for the presale. It would be nice to know for Monday and the possible 2nd show.

I see Section 110 with flowerchild. Anyone else? I'll be curious through ALL of the presales.

Mark

So my experience was stressful, but worked out beautifully in the end! I kept asking for 250 seats and it kept giving me lower level ACROSS the field, and even second level for 250!! which I was like hell no...... so I kept trying, even thought I was afraid I would end up with nothing. I decided to change my search and specified 250.00, Lower level, reserved seating and it started getting me closer, rows 16-18 ish, I still kept trying...finally, after 12 tries, it offered me ROW 140, ROW 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Which I could not be happier with :D
Im so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm impressed that after 2 hours I'm still pulling up great seats and GA for this show

Just booked the hotel room (which for the price - ouch)and now am waiting to see if southwest will have some reasonable prices - if not the 3.5ish hour drive really isn't a problem

That "ouch" could be remedied by cramming numerous railskanks in said room to help with the cost. :flirt:

:lol:

you all are welcome

perhaps also drinks after the show?

(also very sad that I have many, many concert tops hanging in closet - hello arm workouts :reject:)

I also better be able to meet said railskanks

:lol:

you all are welcome

perhaps also drinks after the show?

(also very sad that I have many, many concert tops hanging in closet - hello arm workouts :reject:)

I also better be able to meet said railskanks

:kiss:

Drinks afterwards (and before, too! or perhaps a nice dinner, since our food choices for the following 12 hours will be a bit questionable and scarce! :lol: ) are always a must!

And duh, meeting is a given! :hyper:

Past GA experiences, I've had a car parked in the vicinity to dump tent and all in before they start letting us in. This time I don't know what I will do, as my hubby will be pushing me out of the car as he drives past Soldier Field on his way into town. I will try to think of something that I can just put in the trash when we go in...maybe a cheap pool raft and a crappy old blanket. God I hope it doesn't rain that night!

Advice anyone:reject:

If you are not a U2 dot com member the General Sale is this upcoming Monday 3-30-09 at 11a.m. E.S.T. (Dayton Ohio) correct?

What do you think is the best way to buy GA Tickets? Online or at a local Krogers Grocery Store that has a Ticketmaster place inside?

Is five GA Tickets to many to buy at one time in other words will they allow me to do so ?

If you are not a U2 dot com member the General Sale is this upcoming Monday 3-30-09 at 11a.m. E.S.T. (Dayton Ohio) correct?

What do you think is the best way to buy GA Tickets? Online or at a local Krogers Grocery Store that has a Ticketmaster place inside?

Is five GA Tickets to many to buy at one time in other words will they allow me to do so ?

General Ticket On Sale will be Monday Mar. 30 at 10am CDT (11 am EDT).

According to TM, you are allowed a max of 6 tickets for the first 24 hours of the General Sale.

As far as where/how to buy? How's your internet connection?
I have little experience (and therefore little confidence) in ticket sales at grocery outlets. I think I did it once for a show I didn't care about much.
I just imagine being behind an old man trying to return a piece of fruit that he used a coupon to buy (Thanks Futurama!).
That, and how competent the employee behind the counter is with TM sales. I'm sure in-person sales vary widely from location to location. Only because I've had great luck, I trust my computer and internet connection.

Mark

Beverly:wave: do you know how far we are from Foxboro Mass. ?

Just wondering:hmm:

OK I'm confused now, this is the Chicago thread, isn't it? We're a long way from Foxboro, MA, I do know that! Are you asking because you're considering driving to that show as well? I think that would be a long-ass drive for sure. You could probably google it and find out. Personally I hate long drives, we drive 4-5 times a year from Akron to Chicago to visit my in-laws and I dread it every time. Somehow it won't be so bad for U2 though. We did it for Chicago 1 during Vertigo. It was Mother's Day weekend so I rationalized it to my hubby that he should go!

General Ticket On Sale will be Monday Mar. 30 at 10am CDT (11 am EDT).

According to TM, you are allowed a max of 6 tickets for the first 24 hours of the General Sale.

As far as where/how to buy? How's your internet connection?
I have little experience (and therefore little confidence) in ticket sales at grocery outlets. I think I did it once for a show I didn't care about much.
I just imagine being behind an old man trying to return a piece of fruit that he used a coupon to buy (Thanks Futurama!).
That, and how competent the employee behind the counter is with TM sales. I'm sure in-person sales vary widely from location to location. Only because I've had great luck, I trust my computer and internet connection.

Mark

I got 10 am EDT when I went on to check.

You had me panicking there. I have class at 11 am EDT. :yikes:

ETA: Just realized you're talking about Chicago. :doh:

Online, online online. The days of buying tickets in person are dead dead dead. Especially with a big act like U2, you are FAR more likely to get the tickets on your own than from the idiot at Kroger who isn't even really trained to sell tickets to you. Trust me on this. I've tried it. In Kansas City on Vertigo we even tried to get tix AT THE VENUE. the lazy sods opened the ticket window at 10:01. AND THE SHOW WAS SOLD OUT

the internet is the only way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom