September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing old school Mike Tyson punch out..I just realized how old I am, I still remember the cheat code 0073735963..I am gangsta or extremely lame, I will take "gangsta:applaud:

Can someone please answer this question?

If I have my bank card used for my reservation will they want to take money from that at check in? Or can I pay cash when I get there?

unless the rate plan for your hotel requires payment at time of booking (which isn't very often and you'd obviously probably know by now if this was the case), you should be able to pay cash at time of check in. they'll probably require your card to be kept on file, though. they might put a small hold on it or something though. but they should be honest about it though.

My reservation requires payment on check out. They said I can pay cash when I get there, Credit card is just for insurance.

My reservation requires payment on check out. They said I can pay cash when I get there, Credit card is just for insurance.

I used my debit card for a hotel reservation and when I checked in they stated there would be a hold on it (which could take up to 7 days to process) for the cost of the room eventhough I was paying cash.. the transaction never hit my bank though. Upon my checkout when I did pay cash...I had to stand down at the front counter while the checked my room...I thought that was a little strange but whatever.

I'm way excited, I wish it were Friday already. I got my tickets in the mail on Thursday and they are the best seats ever. I was scared that I wouldn't get the seats I wanted for my birthday. I do feel guilty spending all the money I have on these and my other tickets, but it makes me so happy :love:

I used my debit card for a hotel reservation and when I checked in they stated there would be a hold on it (which could take up to 7 days to process) for the cost of the room eventhough I was paying cash.. the transaction never hit my bank though. Upon my checkout when I did pay cash...I had to stand down at the front counter while the checked my room...I thought that was a little strange but whatever.
They probably did that to make sure you didn't walk away with some towels or mini vodka bottles. I do I am guilty of that..I love those bottles.

I am so excited too, I just hope the weather holds out for us. Otherwise it will make for a long day. I am sure we will be fine though.

I am so excited too, I just hope the weather holds out for us. Otherwise it will make for a long day. I am sure we will be fine though.
Its suppose to rain, but compared to the 105 degree weather we have had here in San Diego, rain is nothing, but that is the latest from weather.com, you are there, is the weather nice?

since you are from chicago, do you suggest we park at soldier field or take the metra. my hotel is by ohare. I have a rental car, but I definitely don't want to pay $45 for parking

since you are from chicago, do you suggest we park at soldier field or take the metra. my hotel is by ohare. I have a rental car, but I definitely don't want to pay $45 for parking

Take the CTA if you're by O'Hare.

If you go a few pages back, you'll see a link to the CTA.

Soldier Field (Chicago) questions

Does anyone know if they have started building the claw at Soldier Field yet? It seems it should start going up tomorrow at the latest.

Also, do you think the band will do a rehearsal on Friday after having this long break?

I guess I'm the only one not bother by the weather....but if it does rain...I feel bad for the band and everyone in GA :hug:

Well, will it really be that much less wet in the seats?! I have seats behind-ish the stage for the first time--psyched to finally have that experience--and I guess a huge crowd struggling to deal with the weather will be interesting, I hope not a downer, I think it might be kinda cool actually. As long as the wind isn't too bad, that is, that wind by the lake can make the "...I can breathe.." line feel like a lie, sigh.

The band will have the claw to protect them, no?! Oh, I guess unless and until they wander out onto the catwalks! But wet Bono is also cool:sexywink:
He'll just have to have honeyed teas on hand for the voice I guess...

cheers all...

I think there was a Bears game yesterday, which would mean they'll probably start building today.

And I'd assume they'll start rehearsing pretty soon after the claw is up, but I doubt they'll do a full dress rehearsal. They usually only do those before new tours or major leg changes (they did a full public dress rehearsal before Outside Broadcast, a partial one before Zooropa, and they'll probably do one next year).

The Bears haven't played there since Thursday, so I think it's been empty since then.

Also ... I apologize .. I meant to post this in the "general discussion" room. If a moderator wants to move it, go for it!

Anyone doing GA? What time should we get in line?

I am in GA- people were saying on previous pages they would be there around 10 but I think I will try to get there earlier than that. Don't want to chance it.

I saw your post about cheaper parking and a shuttle, but I would like my car somewhat close so I can put my lawnchair and cooler away.

Have you heard anything about porta-pots being set up?

A few from U2Start:

8926_620756746541_20011732_36219917_4393255_n.jpg

8926_620756751531_20011732_36219918_1754282_n.jpg

8926_620756771491_20011732_36219922_7558227_n.jpg

WOOHOO!!!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom