September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The buses are running after the show.

So are trains.

The CTA link I posted earlier has route details, including maps, times, etc. The times are never right, but give you an idea how late service runs.

Guys, this is a major American metropolis. The show will end before midnight on a Saturday evening. Everything will be open, everything will be running.

ARE YOU SURE??!?!?!?!??! :sad: ;)

I hope to meet up with some U2 fans in Chicago. Im in the military, and let me tell you, not many people I work with even know who U2 is? isn't that crazy..I am the crazy girl in the shop obsessed with a band. I am excited and my husband loves U2 also, he became a fan through marriage.

I am looking for get together in order to meet other fans, someone said the Hard rock?

I hope to meet up with some U2 fans in Chicago. Im in the military, and let me tell you, not many people I work with even know who U2 is? isn't that crazy..I am the crazy girl in the shop obsessed with a band. I am excited and my husband loves U2 also, he became a fan through marriage.

I am looking for get together in order to meet other fans, someone said the Hard rock?

Yes....I guess I'm 'in change' of this one :wink:

Its at the Hard Rock Hotel Lobby Bar

230 North Mich. Ave

Friday, Sept 11 9:00 pm till ?

Questions? PM me....

My birthday is September 12th, what better gift than to see the greatest band in the world. It was hard getting a hotel, my husand and I got a deal at the radisson O'hare. I am active duty military so I got a great rental car deal. I saw the parking prices, all of a sudden the rental car doesn't seem so great. Anyone want to carpool? If anyone is staying at any hotel near the airport we can ride together and split the parking costs. We have seats the 12th and GA the 13th. I f anyone is interested we can set something up. We fly in on the 11th at 5pm...soooo excited!!!

Vanessa

Woot woot! Birthday twins!! Isn't it just the best way to spend it? :wave:

Any of youse gonna be around on Thursday evening? My first night in the States! And only four days away!

There will be a bunch of us gathering at Kroll's South Loop Bar (about 3-4 blocks from Soldier Field) to watch the Notre Dame game before the U2 concert. Krolls is located at Michigan Ave. and 18th Street.

That's so true about no one even knowing who U2 is. I'm in the Air Force and I show people in my squadron the stage and they are blown away yet they still don't care about who U2 is. My wife is going to her first U2 concert and she's excited. We're meeting family in the area so a blue crack meet up is out of the question for now...

There will be a bunch of us gathering at Kroll's South Loop Bar (about 3-4 blocks from Soldier Field) to watch the Notre Dame game before the U2 concert. Krolls is located at Michigan Ave. and 18th Street.

Is this on Saturday or Sunday? What sport is it? (Showing my ignorance there I know!)

ooh, I might (if I make it in for saturday, I hope to!)! 'Cept, for me, it's the 'Michigan' game :wink: Not hardcore on football, though...(that's *american* football cathalmc, collegiate!)

ooh, I might (if I make it in for saturday, I hope to!)! 'Cept, for me, it's the 'Michigan' game :wink: Not hardcore on football, though...(that's *american* football cathalmc, collegiate!)

Ah yeah, that's the sport where big men put on lots of pads and run into each other once every five minutes innit? :)

Of course REAL football (in Giants Stadium) looks like this :)

YouTube - Ray Houghton USA 94 Ireland v Italy

yeah, obscene, but I think they have very limited parking and want to keep it prohibitively expensive to reduce traffic, which I'm guessing is pretty awful when there's something on at Soldier Field.

well I wonder how much it would be to just park where I want and get a parking ticket? or would they not mess w/ a ticket and just tow me

anyone staying near airport..we are staying at radisson ohare. we are thaking the L on Saturday (we have seats) and driving on sunday(GA) I remember from past shows that after standing for hours, the last thing i want to do is walk more.

They would tow you:doh:

yeah, apparently so...here's an excerpt from a guide to football stadia around the country:

----------------
Getting to the Venue
We carped on this last time and things have not changed much... getting to Soldier Field and parking your car is a real challenge. You can find Soldier Field just south of downtown and in view of the skyline, with access off of I-94 east to I-55 and onto Lakeshore Blvd. The stadium is situated on the waterfront, in the beautiful and historic Park District, and much of the adjoining property is devoted to park land and other public spaces. That means not exactly much space for parking lots and ramps. What parking does exist here is reserved for "coupon" holders, meaning season ticket holders who prepay for parking. For the single ticket buyer, there are cash lots available in the downtown area and the other side of Lakeshore Drive, but directional signage to those lots are nowhere to be found. If you do find these lots, parking is $10 and that includes a shuttle ride to the stadium. Go into the neighborhood west of Lakeshore and you will find some private lots, but be prepared to shell out $30-$35 dollars. The other bit of bad news is that street parking is banned on game days and "tow away" signs warn you that your car will disappear. There is a Metra rail line with a station just steps from the stadium. Park and ride might indeed be the best strategy of them all.
-----------------

here's the link:
Soldier Field
cheers...

Ah yeah, that's the sport where big men put on lots of pads and run into each other once every five minutes innit? :)

Of course REAL football (in Giants Stadium) looks like this :)

YouTube - Ray Houghton USA 94 Ireland v Italy

yeah, I remember *that* sort of football from 94:wink:
Didn't see any games, busy with a wedding.
This reminds me of how Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan, seats over 100,000) is one of the few college stadia in the running to get a game if the US gets another World Cup bid accepted, and the UM football coach was quoted as saying something like, yeah, those guys can kick can't they, maybe I can recruit myself some kickers lol. The UM soccer coach was a little more pumped about it, but even he seemed most excited by how Ohio State (the big UM rival in so many sports apparently!) *did not* make the final list lol.

Cheers all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom