See Ya later Interference....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
As someone who is 27, therefore I consider myself to be quite mature, I find what has happened here as deplorable and totally disgusting. To use the love that so many people have towards a band as a marketing/PR/money-making venture is just WRONG.

I am sure that there are a lot of 'facts' that I am yet to know or probably will never know about the whole 'Edge' thing, however from what my instincts tell me and after reading Elvis' replies so far in the 'don't expect suggest' forum, I am concluding that I dont want to be part of this forum anymore. I feel like I have been majorly HAD as I sent over money for a membership and a little extra for the server- 20 bucks US, which when you work out exchange rates and an international money order is actually close to 50 bucks Australian. Now it isnt really about the money, but the fact that it was seeing the Edge posting and the excitement that entailed that, after two years, finally made me decide to become a 'proper member', I feel that it is the principle of the matter. I feel used and totally irate that this has now been seen to be a fabrication and false and I wish I wasn't stupid enough to be part of it and part with hard earned cash...

And to you Elvis, I find it incredible that someone of your supposed intellect could be 'fooled' like this. You want us to beLIEve(sic) that this is the truth, but quite frankly I am not buying it. You have stated,
"We have been investigating where the source of these claims have been coming from. We have not issued any sort of statement yet on the issue as we are not able to conclude confidently ANYTHING at this time".
Now, I'm not in charge of a large un-official fan site or anything, but I would of thought that you should of been 'confident' as to the authenticity of this poster from the very begining. This should not of become a problem or a matter of urgency a month into events. The credibility of this person should of been 100% hunky dory from the begining and quite frankly, why wasnt it?????

I have worked as a journalist and I know how important it is to validate the credibility of sources. As soon as someone starts to question this, you shut down their threads or make some remark about how such opinions are not helping matters...

I am sure that you will find some way to disprove what I have said or implied, you seem to be very good at that, the truth, however, seems to be a word missing from your vocabulary. I think that what you have done stinks Elvis, and whether you claim that you were fooled or not does not matter in my opinion. You claim to be the 'site administrator', head honcho etc. of interference and therfore the buck stops with you. If you were fooled, more fool you, for being so silly to allow this to happen and to allow the credibility of your site to be affected, however I feel that this is not the case and that it is US, the fans and subscribers to your site who have been fooled....

It was fun whilst it lasted, but I cant stay here, I think what has happened stinks and you can send me back my US $20 money order- you have my address...

see ya guys, I'm sorry if I bored anyone, but that is why I posted this in here, I just had to get this of my chest before I left...if anyone wants to stay in touch with me, you can get me at

vness60@hotmail.com

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom