Security help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tim5440

Babyface
Hey U2 Fans!

I need your help. I am writing an article on security at major concerts and need to know some things from a fan perspective. Over the past few months I have attended about 10 shows. Each show varied in size, venue and artist. I took the opportunity to ask the fans at shows what they thought about the current security situation. Surprisingly I came to find that the majority of the people who were in the general admission area did not pay for general admission. They waited for the show to start and just walked past security. I asked these people if they do this all the time and that seems to be the agreement. Now, more than once I heard that a U2 concert is one of the smoothest running shows when it comes to security. I have been told that they have a "wrist band" policy where you need to be wearing one of these bands to be in the general admission area. This is what I would like to focus on.

Does anyone have any information on what these wrist bands are like? I have searched online to see what they look like for the current tour, but all I have come up with is some Elevation wrist bands. These wrist bands may be totally different than the Vertigo bands. I think my main goal is to put the security fear into people and keep the paying public in the correct areas. If I could include a picture of the 2005 wrist band it would be perfect!

Thank you in advance for any help you could give. Enjoy the upcoming U2 tour! I wish I could be at one!

Tim Jenkins

tim5440 said:
I took the opportunity to ask the fans at shows what they thought about the current security situation. Surprisingly I came to find that the majority of the people who were in the general admission area did not pay for general admission. They waited for the show to start and just walked past security. I asked these people if they do this all the time and that seems to be the agreement.

He says it like it's a BAD thing! :tsk:

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom