Searching for the BEST version of Until the End of the World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yoyodyne

Babyface
What is your favorite version of Until the End of the World? So far, I think that the one played at the Brit Awards is pretty nice!

My favorite version is the one from the Best Of DVD, it is awesome, better than every other version that I have heard.

May 25 2001. :up: There's a snippet from another song in there but I can't quite make out all the words...It's really good and I have 4 or 5 live UTEOTW's...

i've a few favourite versoins of UTEOTW

zoo tv sydney, with bono shouting the ''comon's''

the version on the best of dvd,

many on the popmart tour aswell, the 2nd wembley show has a fantastic version of the song....

:yes:

Last edited:
The greatest version ever is from the August 1993 show in London (unless I've mixed it up with the ZooTV one from Sydney, the video of which I have not seen).

Whatever it's from, it's remarkable. The one from the Best of 1990s DVD is good, but this one has it beat by a fair margin. It flows better, and Edge's guitar is better in it.

For the record, that version and the Best Of 1990s DVDs version are *not* the same (indeed, the Best Of version was taken from two separate performances). They sound similar, but if you hear the two back to back, I don't think there's anyone who would prefer the Best Of version over the London/Syndey version (whichever one it actually is).

Last edited:
Dorian Gray said:

Hey, I was there! :p
:up: Awesome!! I've heard a few things from that show, and it sounds like a great one! Do you have any idea what song he snuck into the end? It's (obviously...) not a U2 song, but it fits the mood and rhythm perfectly.

Okay, the 1993 show wasn't in London, it was in Dublin. My error.

Great, great version of it.

Schmeg said:

:up: Awesome!! I've heard a few things from that show, and it sounds like a great one! Do you have any idea what song he snuck into the end? It's (obviously...) not a U2 song, but it fits the mood and rhythm perfectly.

hmmmm... I remember it being there, but in all honesty and can't remember what it was.

Something tells me it was a bit of an Oasis song, but I can't be sure. Sorry!

Schmeg said:
Do you have any idea what song he snuck into the end? It's (obviously...) not a U2 song, but it fits the mood and rhythm perfectly.
"Two Tribes", a bit of which he also stuck into the Santiago performance I mentioned.

10-25-01, MSG.

"Two Tribes" included. Easily the most emotionally charged of the six times I saw them that tour, as it was just after 9-11.

Also, the fake felatio bit and kicking Edge's guitar was an unmatched addition to all other versions.

Santiago 98 is very good, with the lyrics from two tibes!

there were many powerfull versions during Zoo Tv & Popmart
it (UTEOTW) slowed down a little on the elevation tour....
but it still rocks!! :yes:

Last edited:
I have a lovely version of it from Washington in either 1992 or 1993 where it ends with lots of turn it ups, come ons, is this rock and rolls, and from what i can gather, some mentions of footballers.

bullet the blue sky said:
I have a lovely version of it from Washington in either 1992 or 1993 where it ends with lots of turn it ups, come ons, is this rock and rolls, and from what i can gather, some mentions of footballers.

Are you sure this is not the version from Rotterdam 1992? During the end of that song he mentions, besides 'Is this rock 'n roll?' also football. Or rather, the Dutch verb for playing football. The reason for this is that during the channel hopping before EBTTRT he came across a football match between the Netherlands and Russia (European Cup IIRC), so he made references to it in other songs.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom