"Save The Children"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That song is amazing!

But I haven't seen the video. :( Could anyone upload it please?

is it sad that whenever I see that title, I think of Sally Struthers eating all of the children's food? :shrug:

same w/ "Feed the Children" :wink:

I love the beat and bassline for this song, which I believe was laid down by producer Nellee Hooper. It's a shame he didn't have more of a hand in the final version of POP. To hear Bono virtual-duetting with Marvin Gaye is a rare treat. And yeah, the last minute is just an overload of Bono riches, plus that haunting musical outro.

And as for the video, I think it's better than almost every one released by the band itself. In my opinion, Bono has never looked cooler because his "costume" is more subtle and not contrived as it normally is. The hat, stubble and mini-cigar...awesome.

LemonMacPhisto said:
wait a sec? how long ago did this song come out?

Pre-"Pop".

U2, or the members of U2, were actually VERY active between "Zooropa" and "Pop". For average U2 fans, it seems like the band was relatively dormant for those 4 years. But a little homework reveals numerous collaborations and side projects. I once had a list and I think there was easily over 20 releases involving U2 members. This was just one of those projects.

doctorwho said:

Pre-"Pop".

U2, or the members of U2, were actually VERY active between "Zooropa" and "Pop". For average U2 fans, it seems like the band was relatively dormant for those 4 years. But a little homework reveals numerous collaborations and side projects. I once had a list and I think there was easily over 20 releases involving U2 members. This was just one of those projects.

Passengers being a prime example right?

thank you, I'm really interested in hearing this too

doctorwho said:

Along with some high profile projects like "Hold Me...Kill Me" and "Mission: Impossible" - both top 20 hits around the world. :)

heck yes :rockon:

I do wish they would've saved Hold Me... for Pop though, such an amazing song

Back
Top Bottom