Saturday Night Live (SNL)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ben Affleck is a better Keith Olbermann than Keith Olbermann.:bow: That was absolutely hilarious.:lmao:

Oh man, I was just thinking earlier today about how long it's been since there's been a Kristen Wiig as the Target lady sketch, and I got one. She is so hilarious in that role. That sketch is consistently funny every time. And Ben Affleck as the ghetto UPS man was classic. :laugh:

ETA: "Night School Musical" Brilliant.:lol: Last week and this week have been 2 of the best, most consistent SNLs in a long time. I was practically on the floor during the Grady Wilson sex DVDs. That might be the funniest sketch Kenan's ever done. It reminded me somewhat of Eddie Murphy's Velvet Jones

I thought the opener was great, as was the Olbermann parody.

(I mainly watched to see David Cook. :shh: )

The answer is no. I watch clips online if I hear something is funny.

But I'm in the minority, I don't think the show's been worth watching since Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey were on. You've had funny people since then (Will Ferrell, for example), but the writing has been piss-poor for ages, with sketches that go on WAY too long, actors that are completely unprofessional (Jimmy Fallon, Horatio Sanz) and can't keep a straight face, and Weekend Report newscasters who are more smug than funny (Tina Fey, Seth Meyers, and to a lesser extent Amy Poehler)--oh for the days of Chevy Chase, Jane Curtin, Norm MacDonald, or even Dennis Miller hosting that segment.

I think there are at least 2-3 funny sketches a week, and they're usually up on NBC.com afterward, so it's not worth watching all 90 minutes to watch them.

The zoo thing, with the insane giraffe video was great, just because it was so absurd. I loved the abrupt end of it, too. I like goofy shit like that.

Giraffes! :lol:

Generally this season hasn't been too funny, but Saturday's show was alright. The Olbermann skit was funny, but I think it was just a bit too long.

Looks like SNL is addressing their female cast shortage:

November 13, 2008
Actress Follows In Dad's Footsteps Onto "SNL"
By REUTERS

Filed at 1:02 p.m. ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - In what is believed to be a first for "Saturday Night Live," the offspring of a former cast member has joined the lineup of the long running sketch comedy show.

Abby Elliott, the daughter of Chris Elliott, will debut on this week's edition as a featured player, alongside Michaela Watkins ("The New Adventures of Old Christine").

The Groundlings veterans, who were recruited after a months-long casting process, are expected to at least partly fill the void left by the recent departure of Amy Poehler.

Chris Elliott was on the show during the 1994-95 season. "SNL," now in its 34th season, is on an ratings upswing, thanks to the U.S. presidential election. It pulled in an average of 9.8 million viewers during its first six episodes this season.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Well, they probably can't be like Amy but hopefully one/both of them can carve their own niche. They also really need a guy who can do a decent Obama...I like Fred Armisen as other characters but he doesn't make for a good Obama.

Won't ruin it for the West Coast, but an unbilled special guest is in two of the bits tonight...and he was funny, as he usually is on SNL, especially in the first one he did tonight. :laugh:

I fell asleep, what did I miss? I saw the first few skits, but can't even recall them. Definitely out before the news or Beyonce...

Yeah, he was the best part of last night's show. :D I muted it when Beyonce came out to sing. :yuck: So off key and horrible.

thank God someone else said that about Beyonce! I do not get why she gets so much attention...certainly isn't because of her voice:wink: that 1st song sucked...and about 1/2 way through when the wind machine was turned on, I just rolled my eyes:|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom