Sarah Palin, continued.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, that clip was just utterly amazing. All the criticism just keeps going in one ear and out the other-lady, do you not get why people have a problem with you?????? And if she's fighting for our Constitution, then we're officially screwed.

I just love how she keeps clinging to that "oh, gosh, I'm just so folksy like you" tone. That may be one of the biggest things about her that grates on my nerves.

Also, Levi's a complete tool. What the hell did Bristol ever see in him? And why on God's green earth is he getting any sort of a TV show about him?

Angela

cack·le (kkl)

v.intr.
1. To make the shrill cry characteristic of a hen after laying an egg.
2. To laugh or talk in a shrill manner.

v.tr.
To utter in cackles: cackled a sarcastic reply.

n.
1. The act or sound of cackling.
2. Shrill laughter.
3. Foolish chatter.

cackle.png

So Sarah needs a new dictionary.

One that includes real definitions, and one that includes the word 'irony'.

But folks, other than being sold the same crappy dictionary that most conservatives were sold, she's really smart.

*You would think that she would either just stop, or hire someone to proofread her posts.

*You would think that she would either just stop, or hire someone to proofread her posts.

You would think that, yes. But we are talking about someone who writes notes on her hand that include instructions to "inspire Americans", after all. Need to start with small steps first.

But let's forget the English lessons for a moment. I just find that Twitter post amusing for the reason that she once called herself a feminist, too, if I recall rightly. So, um, yeah, care to clarify, Sarah?

I love that clip you shared, cori :D. Pretty much sums it up.

Angela

So she uses Constitution, America, Bears, and Mom's in every one of her sentences.

I really hope she runs cause it'll be enjoyable to watch her squirm when she has to say more than just those key words

Sarah Palin came to Dr. Laura Schlessinger's defense after the radio host ignited a firestorm over her incendiary use of the n-word.

But Dr. Laura herself was not so charitable back in 2008, when she criticized Palin for governing after she had a child born with Down's Syndrome .

In a blog post written shortly after Palin was selected as the Republican candidate for Vice President, and titled "Sarah Palin and Motherhood," Schlessinger pronounced herself "stunned" and "extremely disappointed" that the GOP had chosen her:

Couldn't the Republican Party find one competent female with adult children to run for Vice President with McCain? I realize his advisors probably didn't want a "mature" woman, as the Democrats keep harping on his age. But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to the job of Governor within days of the birth?

Whether or not Palin knew about Schlessinger's criticism, it didn't prevent her from coming out strongly in support of the radio host on Twitter. Among other things, she told Schlessinger, "don't retreat...reload!"

:rolleyes:

By Matt Viser, Boston Globe Staff

WASHINGTON – Sarah Palin said yesterday that while Massachusetts may “put up with” Senator Scott Brown, the conservatives in her home state of Alaska “wouldn’t stand for” him.

Palin, in an interview on Fox Business Network, was asked whether the Massachusetts Republican was “on notice” for siding with Democrats on several key votes.

“Well, you know, take the consideration, though, that that's Massachusetts,” Palin said. “Perhaps they’re not going to look for such a hard-core constitutional conservative there, and they're going to put up with Scott Brown and some of the antics there.”

“But up here in Alaska, and so many places in the US where we have a pioneering, independent spirit, and we have an expectation that our representatives in D.C. will respect the will of the people and the intelligence of the people,” she added. “Well, up here, we wouldn't stand for that.”

A spokeswoman for Brown did not directly engage with Palin but defended the senator's record, saying he was focused on the Bay State.

"Senator Brown's votes are based on what's in the best interests of Massachusetts and he has made his priorities job creation, controlling spending, and reducing the deficit," Gail Gitcho, his communications director, said in a statement. "All Republicans can agree on that."

The Globe reported this morning on the more mainstream GOP candidates that Brown has been supporting so far in the midterm elections. Palin, on the other hand, has been a strong supporter of several candidates backed by the Tea Party movement.

Palin and Brown have never been particularly close. Toward the end of Brown’s campaign in January, the SEIU launched a $685,000 ad campaign seeking to link Brown to Palin. But the former vice presidential nominee never appeared in Massachusetts, and Brown did not ask for her help.

“I would have [endorsed him] if he had requested it,” Palin told Fox News after Brown’s victory.

Palin called Brown to congratulate him after he won, but they have had little interaction since. Brown skipped the Tea Party rallies earlier this year that Palin was headlining in Boston and Washington.

god damnit, why won't the media leave her kids alone!!!! I am outraged. Just let the kid live her life in the wilderness with other bears and freedom.

Yeah, heaven forbid a Republican dare try and work with Democrats or agree with them on an issue! What is this world coming to when compromise starts happening among those crazy East Coast elitest politicians :tsk:?

Fine, Sarah, you won't stand for it. So stay out of the political hugfest and stay in Alaska where you can isolate yourself from viewpoints you don't like. I won't complain. Really, I won't.

Bristol's supposed to be on the upcoming season of Dancing With The Stars

*Groans, puts head in hands* Of course she is!

They really do stretch with that "stars" label sometimes, don't they?

Angela

Sarah Palin: The Sound and the Fury | Politics | Vanity Fair

I have issues with some of the hen-pecking in the article (lamenting how, since she's become a national figure, she doesn't have time to go to her favorite coffee shop), but this is probably as good an article as any I've read -- not just about Palin, but about the inherent narcissism of politicians in general, and the disconnect between their preferred mythology and reality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom