Sarah McLachlan Fan Club Tickets Hacked Into - see what their doing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladesantis

Babyface
I am new to the U2 stuff, but have been a long time Sarah McLachlan Fan club member. See the email I just got regarding ticket sales through fan club and hacking.

They are reacting to the situation!

Hi Fan Club members -

It has come to our attention that there were a few issues that arose during the Fan Club pre-sale for both the Uncasville, CT and Fairfax, VA Sarah concerts.

UNCASVILLE, CT

It was found that the ticketing system was hacked into and non-Fan Club members had access to the FC pre-sale, therefore the show sold out very quickly - largely to non-Fan Club members and Fan Club members who attempted to order several pairs of tickets in addition to the first pair.

Due to this incident, ALL tickets purchased to Sarah's Uncasville, CT show on May 27, 2005 have been refunded to the relevant credit card holders. There will be a brand new Fan Club pre-sale for the Uncasville, CT show tomorrow (Friday, Jan. 28 2005) at 9:00AM PST on the Fan Club website only, NOT through Ticketmaster.

* Please go to the Fan Club website at 9:00am PST to order tickets (2 max.) to the Uncasville, CT show scheduled for May 27, 2005.

FAIRFAX, VA

A similar incident occurred for the Fairfax, VA show where non-Fan Club members were able to purchase Fan Club tickets during the Fan Club pre-sale.

For this reason, we are opening up more seating in the same area for any fans who still wish to purchase tickets for this show. These tickets will be available through the Fan Club website only, NOT through Ticketmaster.

* If you purchased tickets to this show already, your order will remain as purchased. If you did not already purchase tickets to this show and wish to do so - please go to the Fan Club website at 9:00am PST to order tickets (2 max.) to the Fairfax, VA show scheduled for May 12, 2005

Thanks very much for your patience. We understand that this incident may be an extreme inconvenience for some of you and we apologize.

Please bear in mind that we have chosen to re-start these pre-sales in order to prioritize you (the fans) and to ensure that each of you has a fair opportunity to purchase premium tickets to your favourite artist.

Thank you again,
Murmurs Fan Club Administration

I hope U2 sees this and they do somehing like this for future presales and curent pre-sales this will make fans happy because it seems like they care about their fans. comon U2 please give us the true fans a real chance here

Nico

:up:

now, THAT is an example of taking an interest in your fans and doing what's right.
if u2 doesn't do something similar, I'll be pissed.

The key words in both incidents "NOT through Ticketmaster."

I hope a little light goes on in Paul's huge head.

Cool. Sarah MaLachlan is a class act.

I've never seen her live, and probably never will, but I'm pleased for her fans and I do have a more positive view of her and her management after reading this.

Back
Top Bottom