Salt Lake night-before party. Who's interested?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2utah

The Fly
I'm trying to organize a gathering the night before the SLC show and wondered who would be interested. The Pub at Trolley Square has a upper level loft area that can be used for parties. I'm trying to get an idea of how many people would be interested in coming before I talk to them about reserving some space. A night before party is great because then we'll all know each other in line the next morning.

If you think you might want to come, email me at aurbane2000@yahoo.com

*bump*

keep those emails coming
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by u2utah (edited 10-25-2001).]

Maybe, but i dont get off of work until 11 pm, and it would take me atleast an hour or more to get there.

Well, we'll just have to have an after show party as well
biggrin.gif

I don't know how late party will go. This old lady has to get home and get some sleep before the long wait in the GA line the next day, but some of the young'uns might party til dawn on Thursday and Friday.

I would LOVE to U2U,but--I will driving up from Az..and my kids will be staying down in Happy Valley at their Granpas the day before.

See you in GA line and then an after show party would be good..

I will be wearing my Jazz shirt..

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Boston 4 story
and photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by u2popmofo:
Dont knock happy valley too hard, I live there! For now atleast.

Here we go COUGARS!..
Here We go COUGARS!..
sing it!..
No worries..
I lived there for 5 yrs..

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Boston 4 story
and photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by u2popmofo:
Dont knock happy valley too hard, I live there! For now atleast.

Then you can't come to the party
tongue.gif

Just kidding
wink.gif
Everyone is welcome at our party, just no Cougars shirts.

(I work at the U of U, so happy valley is the home of "the enemy")

Looks like we'll have to have a post show party as well to catch all the folks that won't be in town Thursday night
biggrin.gif

A post show party is a bit more of a challenge, however. It can get a bit complicated if one wants to be out late at night in Utah, particularly if one wants to get a drink. I'll have to do a little research to find a place downtown, or near downtown, that is open late and isn't a private club. Does anyone know of such a place or is anyone a member of a club?

Perhaps someone who is staying at a downtown hotel can get a guest memberships to a club at the hotel. The "memberships" are kind of a joke usually, they cost about $20 and allow you to bring in 20 of your closest friends. At least that's how it used to be. I haven't checked since I moved back here.

I'm still trying to get an idea of who would want to come on Thursday. Email me if interested aurbane2000@yahoo.com

Bump,

I may have to change the email address I'm using to collect responses because someone hijacked it yesterday and wrote an offensive joke on the Yahoo tours list
mad.gif
So far nothing else has happened so maybe it was an isolated incident. I'll keep it open unless I have more problems. I only use that email for U2 tour related stuff anyway.
So, for now use aurbane2000@yahoo.com if you might want to come.

If I do actually work it out, I will be in Friday early. So an after party sounds wonderful! I would be flying right back out at about 6 am on Saturday, so I will just make a night out of it!
Won't be the first time I've weaved and stumbled my way on to a SouthWest flight.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom