Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[email]hans@u2tour.de[/email] said:
Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year´s Day
Beautiful Day (u.a. Blackbird-Snippet)
Angel Of Harlem
The First Time (Bono, Edge)
Sometimes You Can´t Make It On Your Own
One Tree Hill

source: http://www.u2tour.de

HOLY SHIT ONE TREE HILL STILL LIVES! AND IN A NEW POSITION.

YES!

GO ONE TREE HILL, GO!

timothius said:

Good choice. :up:

:wave: Hey Timo! Nice to see you around. You don't visit nearly often enough these days. Busy?

RavenBlue said:
I've had Shadows and Tall Trees in my head all week, would be nice if that made an encore appearace / wishful thinking

Interesting fact: that song was both the first album song to be added to U2's setlists and the first to be cut. U2 began playing it in 1978 and it vanished from the set in mid-1980, before the start of the Boy Tour. It was the only Boy song not played on that tour.

coolian2 said:
Bullet The Blue Sky / 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (snippet) :drool:

Thanks for the link B-man

Maybe Andre can help me. I swear there was a show where as soon as Bono sang "11 O'clock tick tock" Edge played the tune from that song in bullet guitar style. It was sweet but I can't remember the show!

Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year´s Day
Beautiful Day (u.a. Blackbird-Snippet)
Angel Of Harlem
The First Time (Bono, Edge)
Sometimes You Can´t Make It On Your Own
One Tree Hill

I really can't imagine OTH leading into SBS though; it would be a really odd segue. Bad or LAPOE next then? Or will they just go straight to SBS anyway?

kennerado said:

Maybe Andre can help me. I swear there was a show where as soon as Bono sang "11 O'clock tick tock" Edge played the tune from that song in bullet guitar style. It was sweet but I can't remember the show!

Point Depot 01-01-1990.......

kennerado said:

1989-12-31, Dublin, I believe.

First Time was so awesome in Melbourne... we weren't expecting it (obviously), and at the time I thought it was spontaneous because of Edge's world blowing up too... but I've since been told that everything in a U2 show that you THINK is spontaneous, isn't. And that the reverse is generally true too. :)
I thought that Bad at the end of Melb II was spontaneous too, but it was on the official setlist. Not sure about First Time, but I'm willing to bet that it was on there too.

It would be awesome to think that those songs were unplanned, but I think the only unplanned part of that show was them having to do Angel all on the main stage instead of going out to a b-stage.

I wish I'd heard OTH...

Alisaura said:
I thought that Bad at the end of Melb II was spontaneous too, but it was on the official setlist.

According to Willie's diary, although Bad was on the original set, it was only there for if the show went well. If it hadn't gone so well, they were going to end on Kite.

There are a fair few examples of spontaneous songs, though. One I witnessed was absolutely hilarious: Out Of Control, 2005-05-26, Boston. UTEOTW was grinding to an end and the band were seguing into WOWY when Bono called for OOC. He then had to yell Adam's name a few times because Adam was still on the WOWY page! :lol:

timothius said:

:wave: all.

Busy I suppose. Finding it more difficult to make the time to discuss things such as the finer points of Bono's snippetry.

What if this were Neil Finn's snippetry? I'm sure you'd drop everything for that. :wink:

Also, it's nice to see the All Blacks bloody demolishing everyone. I don't suppose you caught the game against Wales though?

Great setlist so far. It would be amazing if it would feature Love and Peace and Zoo Station.

Axver said:

Yes, it was at Gent. As Daniel said, it's after TTTYAATW. If I remember correctly, it's pretty much between the two songs. I did have a rationale for why I put it at the start of AOH but I forget now! :lol:

With great difficulty! I often try to pick out a few clear words and put them into Google. I don't remember how I solved this one though - Bono was snippeting Yeats's He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven and nothing I could make out was giving me results on Google. I think I just stumbled across it quite by accident one day and compared it with the recording and it turned out to be right - once I had the lines in front of me, it became more clear what Bono was getting at.

this reminds me of a snippet in Paris (ManRay) pre Elevation tour, during Bad.
Bono snippeted "Ne me quitte pas" (if I'm not mistaken). Anyway, it was a snippet of a song by a famous Belgian (Jaques Brel) and thus NOT French.
A bit of a mistake there, eh Bono? :lol:

greety said:

this reminds me of a snippet in Paris (ManRay) pre Elevation tour, during Bad.
Bono snippeted "Ne me quitte pas" (if I'm not mistaken). Anyway, it was a snippet of a song by a famous Belgian (Jaques Brel) and thus NOT French.
A bit of a mistake there, eh Bono? :lol:

Oh? I didn't know about that snippet! We don't have it recorded on U2VT - I suppose because I don't have the ManRay bootleg! I do know that back at a few 1984 gigs, Bono snippeted a song called Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom