SadEyedLady played with the band and the Garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awakening

The Fly
Woooo-hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was on Knocking on Heaven's Door!

Wasn't there. I am on the phone with her.
Eveyone says SHE ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And she sang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Bono kissed her...TWICE!!! Once on the hand, once on the LIPS!!!

She changed the lyrics to "NYC is the best place" and Bono and everyone else LOVED IT!!

SHE ROCKED!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I knew someone got to play, but I didn't know it was her!!!! That is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!!

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

SHE SANG AND GOT TO PLAY W/ THEM?!!!! Oh my gosh!!!! That is the coolest thing ever!!! I can't wait for pics!! Someone go post this in Arun's thread, lmao!!!!
Congrats girl, whenever you read this!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

That rocks so much....

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-24-2001).]

AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

OMG!!! THAT IS SOOOOOO COOL, SO awesome!!! She got to SING WITH BONO??? and he kissed her ON THE LIPS?????? AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

*THUNKITY THUNK THUNK*

Another PLEBA gal made famous!!

PICTURES!!! WHO HAS PICTURES???

Disco

From U2tours.com!!!

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Out of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck In a Moment, Kite, Angel of Harlem (full band - electric), Knockin' On Heaven's Door (full band), Staring at the Sun (B&E - acoustic), Bad / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On, New York, One, Peace On Earth / Walk On

Comments: U2's first show in NY since the Sept. 11 attacks is filled with tributes to the city. Bono brings fans on stage three different times - during 'Stuck' a male fan helps sing the song; a female fan plays and sings during 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door'; and a girl gets on stage during 'New York' and is carried by Bono. During 'One', video screens show the names of hijack victims, and a list of NYPD and FDNY personnel who died in the rescue is added. An MLK video shows during 'Pride,' a la Zoo TV.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
SadEyedLady (whenever you read this) were you at Chicago 10/16??

Yes, she was. With the same sign, but at the main stage, while at the Garden tonight she was at the tip.

She *was* at Chicago 2?? Then I think I met her in line!! Was it her birthday that day? Oh, wow, this is SOOOOO awesome!!!!! AHHHH! Power to the women, baby!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

I am on the phone with Ruth now. She'll get the story to you in all its detail.

It is just UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE

this concert seems to be so fucking awesome, 3 ppl got pulled up, how cool is that?! i can't wait for bootlegs!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

That is so unbelievable... I've had that DREAM before - how cool that it actually happened to someone
smile.gif
You GO Girl!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

HOLY SHITS!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! WOWOWOW!
That is soooo cool for SadEyedLady! Awesome!
Ok, where's she at right now???
We need DETAILS!

I was so fucking blown away...it was truly one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Ruth rocked the house, and was the highlight of the whole show. She got on stage and owned the place. It all looked so natural I couldn't believe it wasn't staged. She jammed with The Edge. I still can't get over it. The house went wild for her, and she deserved it.

Ruth- when/if you read this- thank for making last night 100 times more memorable! (As if I thought that was going to be possible!) This was the best U2 concert (or any show, for that matter) I've ever been to!

RUTH! I told you this last night and I'll say it again-- you totally rocked! I can't believe after seeing Alice in line and meeting you with that sign that were able to do it. And it was totally amazing! So calm, so cool. Are you sure you didn't plan this with them ahead of time? Anyway, I was truly impressed and can't wait to see you do it again!

Jenny

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Damn Ruth!!!! Congrats!!!!
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see the pictures of this!!!!!

------------------
Ready for the Laughing Gas

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

That's so feckin cool!!!! I bet she must have been so excited!!! *Takes her guitar out and practices* lmao yeah right I can't play worth shite! ahhh you gotta tell us the details girlie!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

I am so jealous ... it is my goal to sing with Bono one day. I would love to do the acoustic version of Staring at the Sun ... I would sing The Edge's harmony part ... maybe sing a verse or two.
11zwinky.gif

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

How friggin' cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Way to go Ruth!!! Whooohoooo!!!!
biggrin.gif
I told you the "Chicks Can Play Guitar Too!" sign would work (this is Gail, btw). Wish I could have been there to hear it (mp3????). Susan was there wasn't she? Can't wait to hear all of the details.

Way to go! Congrats. Sounds like you totally rocked. Can't wait for the details and piccies.
smile.gif

That is great, congratulations! I want pics! I am really happy for her, but I have to say hearing about these stories makes me kick myself even more for not realizing his signals to me to hand my sign up that time this past June. It will haunt me forever! I had my chance and I blew it.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

OMG!!!!!!!!
That is SOOO awesome! SadEyedLady~ You are so lucky....that kind of thing only happens in PLEBA girls' DREAMS!!!!

I WANT PICTURES NOW!!
smile.gif

~bluesky

Back
Top Bottom