Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Today, I'll pay that.

And I think it may have suffered a bit from not so many people having heard it, perhaps...? I dunno.

That bass... :love:
Is it a bad sign that I wondered if they had a guest bassist in for that? :reject:

Surprise me more often, U2.

I think people voted it off because it isn't very stereotypical U2, really.

major_panic said:

I think people voted it off because it isn't very stereotypical U2, really.

Got to love Interference. Rise Up gets kicked because it isn't very stereotypical U2, and now WOS is going to get kicked because it's overly stereotypical U2.

Though WOS deserves to be kicked out. Bono, why did you ruin a perfectly good instrumental? :tsk:

Axver said:
Well, the PT review's up: http://axver.livejournal.com/403972.html

Now time to move onto uni shit. :(

Maj., made a start on the Terrorism essay yet?

Nope, still working on Pilate and his wife. I'm not even gonna start writing that one either just yet, just gonna read for it and let it stew in my mind for a while. I'm gonna have to compare the Pilate in Matthew to the other Gospels and Josephus, and explain why Pilate and his wife are depicted the way they are in Matthew.

(The course is on the book of Matthew)

Axver said:

Got to love Interference. Rise Up gets kicked because it isn't very stereotypical U2, and now WOS is going to get kicked because it's overly stereotypical U2.

Though WOS deserves to be kicked out. Bono, why did you ruin a perfectly good instrumental? :tsk:

It's a great song up to the last minute, I'd say. Then it just deserves to be taken out the back and shot.

major_panic said:
Wait, why shouldn't olive oil be used for cooking? And d'you mean like huge amounts, or just greasing-pan sort of amounts?
Well, I suppose it's not a matter of you shouldn't use it, but other oils are probably more suited to frying with...

And keep in mind I'm just going on hearsay... I'll leave the Wikipedia searches to someone else :wink:

Apparently, for starters, you lose most of the health benefits of olive oil when you heat it up. Also, you can't heat it as hot as other oils before it starts smoking/spontaneously combusting (which is dangerous if you're as vague in the kitchen as I am).

As for using huge amounts of it... well, I used to use it when making tempura in a big wok at home. It worked fine, the stuff fried and it tasted good, but the oil turned GREEN. Again, nothing strictly wrong with that, but it looked rather alarming. :lol:

major_panic said:

Nope, still working on Pilate and his wife. I'm not even gonna start writing that one yet, just gonna read for it and let it stew in my mind for a while. I'm gonna have to compare the Pilate in Matthew to the other Gospels and Josephus, and explain why Pilate and his wife are depicted the way they are in Matthew.

(The course is on the book of Matthew)

The Terrorism essay with its abundance of sources should be quite a relief after that Pilate essay! :lol:

I'm trying to decide whether to start on my Terrorism essay or my Democracy & Violence essay first ...

Alisaura said:

Well, I suppose it's not a matter of you shouldn't use it, but other oils are probably more suited to frying with...

And keep in mind I'm just going on hearsay... I'll leave the Wikipedia searches to someone else :wink:

Apparently, for starters, you lose most of the health benefits of olive oil when you heat it up. Also, you can't heat it as hot as other oils before it starts smoking/spontaneously combusting (which is dangerous if you're as vague in the kitchen as I am).

As for using huge amounts of it... well, I used to use it when making tempura in a big wok at home. It worked fine, the stuff fried and it tasted good, but the oil turned GREEN. Again, nothing strictly wrong with that, but it looked rather alarming. :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've got to do that one day. Green oil...

Axver said:

The Terrorism essay with its abundance of sources should be quite a relief after that Pilate essay! :lol:

I'm trying to decide whether to start on my Terrorism essay or my Democracy & Violence essay first ...

Hah, I reckon you should submit the same essay for Democracy & Violence and the Terrorism research paper. They do have practically the same question, after all...

major_panic said:

It's a great song up to the last minute, I'd say. Then it just deserves to be taken out the back and shot.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I still think the rest would be better instrumental or with non-preachy bollocksy lyrics, but they're passable until that dreadful last minute. Stop breathing all over the outro, Bono.

Axver said:
I keep wondering what they did with Adam after October ...
(actually, I think you stole his hair and all his powers along with it, damn you. When were you born again??)

He broke out of the basement, stole that fretless bass from the Graceland album, and recorded Rise Up before they locked him up again. :(

Then he snuck out for Pop again... :drool:
Finally swapped Pop out of my car CD player today... only to replace it with Hasta La Vista Baby :up:

The more I listen to Rise Up, the more I'm sure it's a fretless bass... WHERE DID YOU PUT THAT, Adam????

See, I'll point-blank refuse to cook anything Italian without olive oil. If you're making bolognese sauce or whatever, you've just got to put in olive oil. I probably don't need olive oil for napoli sauce, but I use it anyway.

I also put Worcestershire sauce in just about everything ...

major_panic said:

Hah, I reckon you should submit the same essay for Democracy & Violence and the Terrorism research paper. They do have practically the same question, after all...

I would TOTALLY do that if it weren't for the small matter that I'd be expelled if they found out.

Alisaura said:

(actually, I think you stole his hair and all his powers along with it, damn you. When were you born again??)

He broke out of the basement, stole that fretless bass from the Graceland album, and recorded Rise Up before they locked him up again. :(

Then he snuck out for Pop again... :drool:
Finally swapped Pop out of my car CD player today... only to replace it with Hasta La Vista Baby :up:

The more I listen to Rise Up, the more I'm sure it's a fretless bass... WHERE DID YOU PUT THAT, Adam????

I thank God continually that my car CD player plays mp3 CDs - the current CD has a Lovetown show, a 2006/7 Police boot, the 1st Melb Vertigo show and Ziggy Stardust on it!

major_panic said:

Fixed it for you. :wink:

The man needs to get some inspiration; his lyrical ability has almost vanished since 2000.

:lmao:

That was terribly mean, but ... WIN. :lmao:

Axver said:

I would TOTALLY do that if it weren't for the small matter that I'd be expelled if they found out.

Would you really? I'm sure you could put together a case for it being the same essay topic, and so warranting the same essay.

Alisaura said:

:lol: 1987! So Adam's life spirit passed on to me after doing Rise Up on fretless bass or something? You know, I've never even touched a bass guitar in my life. Maybe I should? :hmm:

major_panic said:

Would you really? I'm sure you could put together a case for it being the same essay topic, and so warranting the same essay.

If I remember the disclaimer on the essay cover sheet correctly, it includes a clause about how the essay has not been submitted to any other course.

I suspect my research will be doubling up a bit this week no matter what I do, really ...

unico said:

Even if the way you pronounce it is wrong?

Woostuhshire is the only way to pronounce it.

It's like Leicester and Gloucester and such.

major_panic said:
I thank God continually that my car CD player plays mp3 CDs - the current CD has a Lovetown show, a 2006/7 Police boot, the 1st Melb Vertigo show and Ziggy Stardust on it!
I want one of those in my car! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom