RTÉ 2XM played the NLOTH B-Side Today (Discussion Only)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK what in the hell you're talking about....

...as a matter of fact, anyone who would even use anything from Zooropa as their avatar has got to have no taste in music at all.

...oh, wait a minute. :wink:

lol

A lot of it has to do with the fact that I became a fan in 92, so Zooropa was the first album I went out and bought when it came out... after waiting with anticipation. So part of it is the music itself, and part just the experience of being a fan when it came out.

I thought the one on the sample clips sounded quite similar. If anything, it was a bit harder on those samples. Are we sure we are getting an ambient one for the actual album?

I cannot see how this is to be improved on...

Obviously, NLOTH 2 is the punkier version.
Album version is the more "ambient" one.

So why are all the reviews of the new albums saying that NLOTH is a punk rock track which explodes? if the album version is the ambient one?

I thought the one on the sample clips sounded quite similar. If anything, it was a bit harder on those samples. Are we sure we are getting an ambient one for the actual album?

I cannot see how this is to be improved on...

According to the girl over on u2.com who heard the album (and has pictures to prove it), she said the album version is even rockier, i was only passing this on early on in the thread and got shot down for it, so take it for what its worth.

I'm sad. Sad that this is not the album version. It's the best new U2 song I heard in ages... What a song! That's the U2 I want to hear.

It definitely sounds like something that could have been born from LWTSH... like TF and UV...

The 30 and 45-second clips do not sound like they came from what we heard today on RTE (NLOTH2). The clips are slower, the vocals are better (IMHO), and there is not the heavy chopping guitar sound that we hear in NLOTH2.

I just hope the album version isnt overcooked 'punk rock from venus'. Cos that version is fucking cool!

So why are all the reviews of the new albums saying that NLOTH is a punk rock track which explodes? if the album version is the ambient one?

Just listen to the 45 seconds clip... it's more "moodier"... also, the guitars are not so prominent...

Listening to the full b-side and the 45 sec clip...

I feel they may have made a mistake! the b-side has so much more funk!

who knows though...the whole song will reveal itself soon enough

According to the girl over on u2.com who heard the album (and has pictures to prove it), she said the album version is even rockier, i was only passing this on early on in the thread and got shot down for it, so take it for what its worth.

That explains it then!

NLOTH 1 is even punkier that the one we have heard!

Yeah, it's predictable that people will love the alternative version more and blame U2 for not putting that one on the album. First everyone was saying U2 are stupid to not follow Eno's advice and put the more atmospheric version on the album, now it seems we have it exactly that way and people will complain about this as well. I think both versions will be great, each in their own way, and at least we have an officially released alternative version as well.

This is awesome!!

Bono doesn't care anymore about singing the chorus in rhythm :D

The chorus don't show it.

Whos to say it doesnt burst into the song? i dont know i havent heard the album version, but am sorry i am actually going to trust someone who has heard it, and has proof she has heard it.

Yeah, it's predictable that people will love the alternative version more and blame U2 for not putting that one on the album. First everyone was saying U2 are stupid to not follow Eno's advice and put the more atmospheric version on the album, now it seems we have it exactly that way and people will complain about this as well. I think both versions will be great, each in their own way, and at least we have an officially released alternative version as well.

NLOTH 2 is not the punk one!

The reviews say that NLOTH album version explodes into a true punk rocker! the bit we heard is at the start of the song

The reviews say that NLOTH album version explodes into a true punk rocker! the bit we heard is at the start of the song

Both versions are punk-ish... my guess is that the album version is more "moodier" and "ambient" in places than NLOTH2...

^ Yes, unless they have totally scrapped the ambient version, I also believe the album version will be the modier/more ambient one.

Judging from the clips, I cannot imagine how that song could turn into a "punk rock" version.

The first 20 seconds look exactly like something coming from those Hansa Tom Recordings albums... Me likey :D

Again not according to someone who has actually heard the album!

I heard the chorus on the 45 seconds clips, mate... and the chorus is more "ambient" than any single second on the NLOTH2... i'm trusting my ears.

Btw, i'm happy with any version of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom