RTÉ 2XM played the NLOTH B-Side Today (Discussion Only)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha, the server froze for a second or two on me!

I was so surprised by the song. It wasn't what I think we expected in ANY way. The beginning for some reason reminded me of Cathy Davey's Moving. And the beginning and end drum parts were very ATYCLB. I'm not sure what to think of it. I hope I'll grow to like it after some more listens.

I will say, that I'm trying to see what everyone says about the album, Eno, Bono, ect. But I just don't see it. Like really Brian, this is the best songwriting they've ever done?!? Hopefully these thoughts of arger will dissipate with the new album. I'm nervous though that I wouldn't like it. I mean I've never really disliked a U2 album.

And those RTE people are trying to kill me: waking me up at 5:55 then playing good music for an hour, urging me to stay up, but I have such a long day ahead of my that I'm weighing the pros and cons.GAH!

The credits of NLTOH 2 seem to indicate that this is the Olympic studios version, as the engineers, etc.. seem to be those who were at Olympic studios.

Music by u2, Brian Eno and Danny Lanois
Lyrics by bono
Produced by U2
Additional production by will.i.am, Cenzo Townshend and Brian Eno
Engineered by Declan Gaffney
Assisted by Tom Hough
Mixed by Cenzo Townshend
Assisted by Neil Comber
Additional vocals by Will.I.Am
Synthesizers by Brian Eno

Um, anyone else hear this? I didn't.

This sounds awsome, zooropa/AB/passengers.... all over, i love it!!!!!!!:drool::applaud:

I liked so much this version :sad: and now i strongly believe that i'm not going to dig the album version based on the clip. I like the pulsating drums, the crude guitar. I think the album version is going to be too "ambiental".

Here we go again, criticism and more negativity again. We all knew it would be different, that's the point. There is also no point comparing it to the 30 second clips, you can't judge it by that. This sounds like the second version, so most of us have yet to hear the album version.

From what it soundS like, a lot of people on this forum are ready to criticise each song because it doesn't sound like what they expected or anything like the beach clips etc. A lot of people won't like it because its new and different and bit weird, that is what they were trying to do....

I really don't understand some "fan's" attitudes ??:ohmy:

What exactly is so horrible about this song. Can you be more specific than just saying, I don't like it , or it sounds like shit ??

Do you not like something in the music, the vocals, the lyrics, what exactly bothers you?

Just a little curious because a "different" U2 is all we have been waiting for for 4.5 years and now that you hear it, you don't like it ??

I for one love this song, whether its the single version or the album version. this is vastly different that anythng U2 has done in the last 8+ years, so Rock On :up:

apparently the only experts who's opinion counts are those who agree with you.

look, i liked that song better than i liked boots the first time i heard it... but it still didn't set my mind on fire like i'm waiting for.

And you would be wrong on that count...I don't like the song will suffice...saying it sounds like shit...well I didn't know Mozart posted here

If that's the case why would they play an alternate version of the song...it was my understanding that the last version of the song that they put to tape was this one and that was what replaced the ambient version

They probably played the b-side version because they only have the GOYB single and not anything else from the album.

I loved it though :hyper: Can't wait for more. And now I'm off to school. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom