Royal Wedding -who's watching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't even think about that bouquet of flowers with the card that read "Mummy" without tearing up. Ugh.

Choir Nerd moment: I loved loved LOVED that Ubi Caritas the choir sang. And the piece John Rutter was commissioned to write. Those were both beautiful.

BoMac said:
Interesting that PILF is trending on Twitter.

She's not even that hot... I think it was the dress that made a million blokes a bit flustered. It was the only bit of skin in the whole of fucking London.

"the awkward moment when prince William realises his wife's sister is hotter"

I can't even think about that bouquet of flowers with the card that read "Mummy" without tearing up. Ugh.

Exactly...I am feeling that the lily of the valley bouquet was was a tribute to Diana in a discreet way....anyone who watched the funeral of Diana will remember that beautiful lily of the valley on her casket. I immediately associated it with Diana...but then again, I am a florist:wink: trust me...that bouqet was gorgeous in its, simplicity...I loved it

Fergie's daughters outfits were awful :yuck: I know crazy hats are the big thing there but wtf?

beatrice-eugenie-435.jpg

Ugh yes that pink hat especially was a travesty :down:

I thought that the Archbishop and the man who did the last speech at the abbey had great speaking voices. It felt like you were watching a movie with those theatre-trained old British actors or something.

Celebrated the nuptials by drinking a jug of sangria at a Spanish bar, eating Chinese and then going to a pub to see a band, and even this indie, dodgy pub had the wedding on the telly in the front bar. I liked the dress. And indoor trees. There should be more of it. :yes: And noone looks good in canary yellow, reigning monarch or not :no:

Oh and my mother's convinced that Victoria Beckham's baby is at risk of birth defects cos she wore 14 inch heels....

yeah, they are.

something that amused me about them is that they're designed by philip treacy. they're finally showing the last season of project runway on tv here and this week was a challenge where they design an outfit around...a philip treacy hat.

Exactly...I am feeling that the lily of the valley bouquet was was a tribute to Diana in a discreet way....anyone who watched the funeral of Diana will remember that beautiful lily of the valley on her casket. I immediately associated it with Diana...but then again, I am a florist:wink: trust me...that bouqet was gorgeous in its, simplicity...I loved it

It is gorgeous in its simplicity-there was also sweet william in it. I guess I was thinking of Diana's bouquet, it was so large and cascading..and you just expect the bouquet to be so big because it's a royal wedding. I like that she was true to what she wanted. Pippa also had lily of the valley in her hair.

I was surprised that Pippa wore white/ivory whatever it really was-and that the dress was so slinky. Now people are saying she should date Harry- that would definitely be some family "social climbing". I don't think Harry is ready to get married any time soon.

Flickr: The British Monarchy's Photostream

I was surprised she wore white too. I was reminded of Diana when I first saw Will and Harry step into the car. So bittersweet. The choir was amazing. I love that Kate looked so classic and not over the top. I would have had Pippa in a turtleneck dress in a dark colour if she was my sister!:shifty::lol:

I would have had Pippa in a turtleneck dress in a dark colour if she was my sister!:shifty::lol:

:lol: It did appear as if she was trying to "compete" even if she wasn't-I guess Kate is just very secure. Kate probably wanted to wear something more slinky but had to be more conservative. Don't think The Queen thought much of the slinky dress with the bit of cleavage showing-or the disco balls in Buckingham Palace. If Pippa really had disco balls for that party. The Queen left the palace so she didn't have to see it anyway.

Her reception dress-Temperley London

pippa-middleton-2-300.jpg

And the shoes she wore with it-I love those shoes, especially the butterflies

pippa-middleton-320.jpg

Kate's reception dress-another Alexander McQueen/Sarah Burton

kate-middleton-2-300.jpg

Kate's reception dress is STUNNING. I love that little furry shrug.

It didn't bother me at all that Pippa wore white. There was no chance anyone was going to mistake her for the bride. Every miniscule detail of this shindig was planned to the nth degree - it's not like Pippa showed up unexpectedly in white, and Kate was all "You bitch! I can't believe you're trying to take away attention from me on my special day!" :lol:

And wasn't Pippa's dress by the same designer, anyway?

Wasn't sure where to put this for the point I'm trying to make, but oh well:

Link

NEW YORK —

Seconds after Kate Middleton emerged from her car outside Westminster Abbey in a ball gown with lace sleeves, designers around the U.S., glued to their TV sets, were sketching her look, setting in motion a mad rush for mass-produced versions that are expected to be in stores as early as late June.

For brides-to-be who can't wait even four weeks, David's Bridal, the largest U.S. bridal chain, was already trumpeting a strapless look from Oleg Cassini, paired with a lacey bolero jacket, on its website as an already available stand-in as it scrambled to push out modified knockoffs of the real thing to stores by September.

Meanwhile, the television home-shopping channel QVC said shoppers will be able to pre-order earrings inspired by the diamond drops worn by Middleton as early as Monday night. The piece, which will sell for under $50 and was created by Kenneth Jay Lane, will be available to shoppers in two months.

Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge, didn't break new fashion trends on Friday, but fashion experts say her elegant understated look, which featured a V-neck intricate lace bodice, is expected to bring back a new era of classic wedding dressing that was just starting to re-emerge in designers' collections.

Some fashion houses in New York are trying to get a "fashion copyright", which is ostensibly supposed to protect the intellectual property of dress design from the malicious hordes ready to copy it. But it sounds like this is a pretty good example of a booming industry that has learned to depend on this sort of quick turnover/knock off model. The idea seems pretty silly at first, but we've internalized the notion that art is impossible without the threat of fines and jail time. I can see why the designer of Middleton's dress would want a monopoly on replicas and the downscale market, but it's hard to see how we would have benefited as a society. :shrug:

My favorite reactions to the dress were the sighs of relief from women - "Oh good! Now i'll be easier to find wedding dresses with sleeves again!"

Ha.

I loved the trees.

According to The Telegraph, they were six English field maples and two hornbeams.The English field maple symbolises humility and reserve, and was used to make loving cups in medieval times, while the hornbeam signifies resilience. The trees will be taken to the Prince of Wales’s Highgrove estate, where they will be planted as a permanent reminder of the day.

The whole thing was so incredibly romantic, I loved it all.

Ugh yes that pink hat especially was a travesty :down:

Apparently, Princess Beatrice's hat took on a life of its own, getting several Facebook pages. At least one of which referred to it the the "Cthulu hat". :ohmy: :lol:

Cthulhu.jpg

I watched some of the highlights yesterday - they do seem very devoted to each other & hope they have a wonderful life with each other. I will admit that I also teared up several times, thinking how Diana would have been so proud of her boys. I thought it was very respectful & touching the number of details that seemed to honor her. :up:

I still find myself watching and re-watching highlights of the wedding event. It went off without a hitch which is amazing. The weather was as beautiful as the day and the few bursts of sunlight at poignant moments was Diana looking down on the event, smiling at her boys. I loved the trees in the Abby , the meaning behind them and that they will be planted for all to watch them grow as the happily married couples' relationship will do through the years.

I loved the dress. It was as beautifully elegant in a simple way as I imagined. I loved seeing William whisper "you look beautiful" to his Bride, then the loving glances they gave one another a short while later while seated during the service. It really was a beautiful service. Kate's brother did a very good job during his reading. Everyone was dressed to the nines and the hats were a real treat. Not sure WTF Beatrice and Eugenie were thinking with their choice of attire especially hatwear ( maybe something to do with being pissed their mother has been forced out of the royal family?!!) I laughed at the guy who did a few cartwheels up the aisle when the Abby cleared out!

I initially watched it live on CNN but Piers Morgan and Cat Deely (who I love) were really annoying the way they kept badgering Anderson Cooper. The 20/20 coverage was alright but I think BBCAmerica was best. It was fun hearing a few people who had been to the wedding and the Queen's reception interviewed like the lady harpist. I may splurge on a copy of the ceremony from iTunes because it was so beautiful especially the choice of music.

Not very Abbey: Cart-wheeling verger carpeted by clerics after becoming wedding web sensation

By Jonathan Petre

The Westminster Abbey verger who became an internet sensation after cart-wheeling down the nave following the Royal Wedding has been rebuked by senior staff.

Sources at the Abbey said the man was feeling ‘fairly chastened’ after his impromptu display of acrobatics was caught on film.

Abbey staff have warned him not to speak publicly about the incident.

Read more: Royal Wedding: Cart-wheeling verger carpeted by clerics after becoming wedding web sensation | Mail Online

That guy should know better. There is to be nothing whimsically celebratory occurring in a place of worship. :tsk:

She looked beautiful, the perfectly polished bride. I thought the dress might be more fashion forward but considering the circumstances I guess she couldn't do that. The veil and tiara and earrings were gorgeous. Very traditional, very Grace Kelly.

Fergie's daughters outfits were awful :yuck: I know crazy hats are the big thing there but wtf?

beatrice-eugenie-435.jpg

princess-beatrice-435.jpg

they have their mother's dress sense :D

My favorite reactions to the dress were the sighs of relief from women - "Oh good! Now i'll be easier to find wedding dresses with sleeves again!"

Ha.

They said that with Ivanka Trump's dress too-that was a gorgeous dress, with the lace overlay short sleeves. It was an Orthodox Jewish ceremony so she had to wear something like that. I wish it would start a major trend towards sleeves, I am so sick all those cookie cutter strapless dresses. They're not flattering unless you're very skinny-or very toned. And they have just all started to look the same.

I can't understand wanting to wear an exact knockoff of Kate's dress. I do admit I'd be tempted to get those knockoff earrings if I had short hair and they would even show up. They are beautiful-they were a gift from her parents.

I wonder if she really did her own makeup (she supposedly took lessons and had the woman there that day if she needed help). If she did, that takes guts. On tv the hi def made the blush look harsh- in the Abbey. I guess she always wears strong eyeliner and a smoky-type eye, and it does photograph well on her. She's very photogenic.

article-1382109-0BD5A00300000578-439_634x542.jpg

Back
Top Bottom