Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Well .... I know it's considered a modern classic and all.

But, um ... I was bored.

There, I said it.

Paul Newman was pretty, a pioneer in the buddy movie genre, but I can't say I really cared.

In the end, it was still a bunch of guys on horseback riding through hot climates, and guns being shot. Westerns make Alicia go :yawn:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Well .... I know it's considered a modern classic and all.

But, um ... I was bored.

There, I said it.

Paul Newman was pretty, a pioneer in the buddy movie genre, but I can't say I really cared.

In the end, it was still a bunch of guys on horseback riding through hot climates, and guns being shot. Westerns make Alicia go :yawn:

:deadtome:

Actually, you have one chance left, Leash. Watch The Sting, and report back.

I have part watched Straw Dogs, but one scene annoys me.

what woman would drive up to a house full or leery old buildiers, open the door of her hot convertable, and pull her skirt up to inspect her tights revealing her undies to those perverts before looking up and giving them a dirty look! :madwife:

The Golden Compass was The Total Hotness. I loved it. Swords, guns, magic, polar bears, James Bond, cute British kids, polar bears, and Sam Elliott. :up:

:no: But the books are amazing! Everything was completely changed in the film - the title, the end, the MAIN PLOTLINE! Okay, so it made the church look bad, whatever.
I'd have probably liked this film if I never read Northern Lights though :up:

Yeah, well you were already dead to me for coming to Seattle and not telling me.

If I'd known you were coming, I'd have baked a cake! :sad:

This is only the second Newman film I've ever seen - I saw Cat On a Hot Tin Roof a few years ago. I also have The Verdict at home.

Someone left a cake out in the rain?

You have much Newman pleasure ahead of you. I'd add Cool Hand Luke to the list, too.

But you'll probably have more fun watching The Sting than like any movie, ever.

Someone left a cake out in the rain?

You have much Newman pleasure ahead of you. I'd add Cool Hand Luke to the list, too.

But you'll probably have more fun watching The Sting than like any movie, ever.

You went all the way to Seattle and did not even let Crarky know? Are you bashful?

:no: But the books are amazing! Everything was completely changed in the film - the title, the end, the MAIN PLOTLINE! Okay, so it made the church look bad, whatever.
I'd have probably liked this film if I never read Northern Lights though :up:

Man, I thought it was a total cheesefest. I mean like...I love this kind of movie, but I think maybe I'm getting bored now. Too much LOTR, HP, and Chronicles first. Plus, I thought some of the acting, and the vagueness of the entire thing (since I haven't read the books) was really annoying

We Live Together Vol. 3

Pretty good. I felt that the line between humor and tonguing was a bit rough at times. Some the the shots were held a bit too long, but the talent was refreshing.

I think this series really hits it's stride aroun Vol 5, then peaks around 8. Then I suddenly lost interest......

Magnolia - brilliant movie. 10/10. It's fucking intense - for 3 friggin hours it's just intense. Great performances all around too.

Brokeback Mountain: Wow. I'd heard the plot summary in class last year so I wasn't expecting to be drawn into it as I was...but shit. Touching film. Certainly made better than I expected by the great performances by the lead actors.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark: Overrated *clap clap clap clap clap*. It was enjoyable, but given what my friends had said about it, I was expecting something great.

Pulp Ficton: Enjoyed it the first time I saw it a few months ago.....this time I got bored at the $5 milkshake and stopped watching.

Appaloosa...

Although not as great as 'Unforgiven' I still really enjoyed it.

Ed Harris, Viggo Mortensen and Jeremy Irons :up:

Good story and didn't end the way I thought it was going to.

The only part of the movie I didn't really care for was Renee Zellwegger :|

I used to visit Santa Fe occasionally when I was living in Albuquerque and I found it totally charming. One of the few locations in the U.S. that really transports you and makes you feel you're in another country, another world.

They don't call it the City Different, in the Land of Enchantment, for nothin'. :)

I hope to see Appaloosa this weekend. I really don't much care for Westerns but it was filmed here so I am obligated to see it. And I like the three actors.

Also posted this in FYM on W.:

I just got back.

I went into it expecting it to be cheesy or really bad, or perhaps, shock of all, actually pretty good.

It was just bad. Worse then I ever expected it to be. It seems clear to me that they rushed it to get it out before the election...why I'm not really sure, it doesn't paint Bush as a bad guy, it's actually like a few other movies I've seen recently that parody Bush, and make you feel sorry for him more than anything else. Anyways, I think it could've been a good movie if they'd spent more time on the script. As it was I thought it was painfully long, and yet, it really needed to be longer. There were SO many plot holes left open, or things they didn't delve into that they should've. Couldn't seem to find a good balance between past and present......I could go on and on.

I will say this though, it was a plus seeing the movie in Texas, the audience was really into the movie, and they were laughing at all the Texas-y jokes and that brought a smile to my face. The movie did have some great comedic moments, and I won't deny Josh Brolin the fact that he did an awesome job. I don't think Richard Dreyfuss was as good as I had heard people say he was going to be, and the woman who played Condi was God-awful, but I enjoyed Powell's character a great deal, as well as Karl Rove? I'm really tired suddenly I can't remember names. Finally, James Cromwell was also fantastic as Bush Senior. I mean he nailed that part IMO.

[5.5 MAYBE a 6 out of 10]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom