Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gluey said:
:lol: I spent the first half of the thread convinced it was Kuntsmuseum....:reject:

Bad mind....bad, bad mind....:evil:
:lol: I'm sure you weren't the only one.

Personally, I was reminded of the nursing home in Madonna's What it Feels Like for a Girl video:

99822848qb8.jpg

Axver said:
The below is a collective apology written by those of us (or at least those of us still online) involved in the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein thread:

We feel bad that this was believed for so long and that people have taken personal offence to an innocent joke. We plotted this in the open in recently active threads all over the forum, and we thought that various clues like Liechtenstein coming up on Google as being double-landlocked, the fact that it was 3am there, in an art museum, and the Save the Whalers charity would be obvious clues. Furthermore the setlist, while fabulous (thanks for the compliments), was full of clues that it was fake from the very beginning when 11OTT and UF were played, to the obvious Flower Child. Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news websites were silent. We didn't mean to waste anyone's time and we figured we'd give people a good laugh after about 3 pages of the thread and then we'd be left to rock out to a very awesome playlist.

Signed,
Axver (lead setlist designer), coolian2, the tourist (who had the original idea), Varitek

(We assume the others involved have gone to bed and are not around to endorse.)

Also endorsed: phillyfan26 (backup setlist designer, secondary boom mike operator)

Re: Re: Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

phillyfan26 said:

Also endorsed: phillyfan26 (backup setlist designer, secondary boom mike operator)

Add to that: mad snippeter.

i endorse as well. i'm kinda surprised by the reactions of anger myself. it's easy enough to google the kunstmuseum liechtenstein and get to the museum's page. plus, liechtenstein is landlocked, as was pointed out already. perhaps miss america was onto something about the maps? but i'm being one-sided. those were clues that would've given it away to me.

all joking aside though, nobody who posted in there had any intention of actually angering people and fucking up their lives. it was just fun coming up with our dream setlist. i know i myself played the songs along just for fun on itunes.

and for those who were wondering about a mod...early on in the thread a mod was posting and playing along as well. it was just meant to be fun. did i have better ways of spending my time? sure. i do have an exam tonight after all. but coming here is a choice. this was my choice to stay. we all had that choice. it was early on that people were posting that it was obviously fake. others chose to ignore those clues as well. we can't be responsible for your choice to be here. but i speak for all of us when we say we're very sorry that some got really offended by this.

God knows, you're all skeptical of everything U2 does. But not this? I don't get it.

phillyfan26 said:
God knows, you're all skeptical of everything U2 does. But not this? I don't get it.

Yeah, that also amazed me. I think all of us involved were just stunned at the response. Seriously, by Flower Child, I thought we'd all be kicking back in the knowledge it was fake and just having a good time listening to great music.

omg that thread! :lmao:

I missed the whole Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein thread. :grumpy: I was asleep. Damn being on the wrong side of the Atlantic and missing the drama. :sigh:

Nice job on the setlist. :up: If only it was real. :wink:

And Save The Whalers. :lmao:

so wait...U2 played Flower Child last night at the kuntsmuseum and I missed it? I need mp3s!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!!!!!!

nosenseofhumoUr@chillout.com

also please if someone took some pix or vids with their fone I'd like them too. I mean, THEY PLAYED FLOWER CHILD???

CTU2fan said:
so wait...U2 played Flower Child last night at the kuntsmuseum and I missed it? I need mp3s!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!!!!!!

nosenseofhumoUr@chillout.com

also please if someone took some pix or vids with their fone I'd like them too. I mean, THEY PLAYED FLOWER CHILD???

Dude, check your inbox. I SENT YOU THE SOUNDCHECK WHERE THEY PLAY 17 NEW SONGS.

4 REELZ.

last unicorn said:
Oh no, it's the Vertigo sign shaped stage again.

U2 are repeating themselves. Can't they come up with something else. Boring.

:tsk:

:lmao:

U2 just can't seem to get themselves out of the rut they dived into with ATYCLB. And NLOTH just totally sucked, I mean, the 'kneel' and 'soul' counts were just off the charts. :tsk:

Axver said:

Dude, check your inbox. I SENT YOU THE SOUNDCHECK WHERE THEY PLAY 17 NEW SONGS.

4 REELZ.

Sweet. But...no video? :(

Varitek said:

Other than that they were really good. You should read through the main thread for highlights, you'd appreciate them.

Damn I miss all the good stuff.

pepokiss said:
it was funny... and funnier after you know it was fake

Fake? FAKE??? Damnit!!!

elevated_u2_fan said:
uh, huh...

I'm to lazy to dig through that mess, what was this mythical set-list?

0. Intro: All You Need Is Love (Bono a cappella)
1. Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Whaling (snippet)
2. No Line On The Horizon / Highway To Hell (snippet)
3. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
4. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
5. 11 O'clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
6. MLK (snippet) / The Unforgettable Fire
7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
9. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
10. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
11. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
12. Crumbs From Your Table / Electrical Storm (snippet)
13. Mercy
14. Exit / Riders On The Storm (snippet) / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
15. Please
16. Moby Dick (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / Pride (snippet)

17. Mofo
18. The Fly / Billy Boola (snippet)
19. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
20. Angel Of Harlem / Suspicious Minds (snippet) / Young Liechtensteinians (snippet)
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

23. One (snippet) / One Tree Hill
24. Heartland
25. Bass Trap / Rowena's Theme (snippet)
26. A Sort Of Homecoming
27. Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) / Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / (Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / 40 (snippet)

Axver said:

0. Intro: All You Need Is Love (Bono a cappella)
1. Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Whaling (snippet)
2. No Line On The Horizon / Highway To Hell (snippet)
3. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
4. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
5. 11 O'clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
6. MLK (snippet) / The Unforgettable Fire
7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
9. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
10. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
11. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
12. Crumbs From Your Table / Electrical Storm (snippet)
13. Mercy
14. Exit / Riders On The Storm (snippet) / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
15. Please
16. Moby Dick (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / Pride (snippet)

17. Mofo
18. The Fly / Billy Boola (snippet)
19. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
20. Angel Of Harlem / Suspicious Minds (snippet) / Young Liechtensteinians (snippet)
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

23. One (snippet) / One Tree Hill
24. Heartland
25. Bass Trap / Rowena's Theme (snippet)
26. A Sort Of Homecoming
27. Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) / Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / (Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / 40 (snippet)

So this is confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom