Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
The below is a collective apology written by those of us (or at least those of us still online) involved in the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein thread:

We feel bad that this was believed for so long and that people have taken personal offence to an innocent joke. We plotted this in the open in recently active threads all over the forum, and we thought that various clues like Liechtenstein coming up on Google as being double-landlocked, the fact that it was 3am there, in an art museum, and the Save the Whalers charity would be obvious clues. Furthermore the setlist, while fabulous (thanks for the compliments), was full of clues that it was fake from the very beginning when 11OTT and UF were played, to the obvious Flower Child. Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news websites were silent. We didn't mean to waste anyone's time and we figured we'd give people a good laugh after about 3 pages of the thread and then we'd be left to rock out to a very awesome playlist.

Signed,
Axver (lead setlist designer), coolian2, the tourist (who had the original idea), Varitek

(We assume the others involved have gone to bed and are not around to endorse.)

Axver said:
The below is a collective apology written by those of us (or at least those of us still online) involved in the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein thread:

We feel bad that this was believed for so long and that people have taken personal offense to an innocent joke. We plotted this in the open in recently active threads all over the forum, and we thought that various clues like Liechtenstein coming up on Google as being double-landlocked, the fact that it was 3am there, in an art museum, and the Save the Whalers charity would be obvious clues. Furthermore the setlist, while fabulous (thanks for the compliments), was full of clues that it was fake from the very beginning when 11OTT and UF were played, to the obvious Flower Child. Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news websites were silent. We didn't mean to waste anyone's time and we figured we'd give people a good laugh after about 3 pages of the thread and then we'd be left to rock out to a very awesome playlist.

Signed,
Axver (lead setlist designer), coolian2, the tourist (who had the original idea), Varitek

I am endorsing this.

Axver said:

We feel bad that this was believed for so long and that people have taken personal offence to an innocent joke. We plotted this in the open in recently active threads all over the forum, and we thought that various clues like Liechtenstein coming up on Google as being double-landlocked, the fact that it was 3am there, in an art museum, and the Save the Whalers charity would be obvious clues. Furthermore the setlist, while fabulous (thanks for the compliments), was full of clues that it was fake from the very beginning when 11OTT and UF were played, to the obvious Flower Child. Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news websites were silent. We didn't mean to waste anyone's time and we figured we'd give people a good laugh after about 3 pages of the thread and then we'd be left to rock out to a very awesome playlist.

Signed,

Thirded, as ridiculous as this is.

Axver said:

Signed,

Me too. 34000th post, Axver.

God, I can't belive that I fell for it! For the record, I thought it was hilarious once the penny dropped a page or two in. You guys did a good job of convincing (evident from all the angst) !! Also, compliments on the bloody awesome setlist!

:up:

Re: Re: Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

coolian2 said:

Thirded, as ridiculous as this is.

No one asked for any sort of letter. You guys do what you want to do. Make fiction, make facts, whatever. Ridiculous is 45 pages of fluff. coolian, ask yourself what was ridiculous. It's all about where this was posted, not what it was.

luna_lovegood said:
God, I can't belive that I fell for it! For the record, I thought it was hilarious once the penny dropped a page or two in. You guys did a good job of convincing (evident from all the angst) !! Also, compliments on the bloody awesome setlist!

Thank you. Love your screen name, figures you'd believe this :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

mofo82 said:

No one asked for any sort of letter. You guys do what you want to do. Make fiction, make facts, whatever. Ridiculous is 45 pages of fluff. coolian, ask yourself what was ridiculous. It's all about where this was posted, not what it was.

You're ridiculous.

You need to unplug the computer and relax.

Re: Re: Re: Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

mofo82 said:

Complaints (of the inane variety) towards an innocent practical joke are ridiculous.

luna_lovegood said:

Thanks for the cool attitude. Ditto everyone else including LM and kingofsorrow and others i may have forgotten.

Thank you for taking and enjoying it for what it was, a practical joke that is clearly the best thing to happen in here for ages, not counting Powerjuice.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

LemonMelon said:

Complaints (of the inane variety) towards an innocent practical joke are ridiculous.

So there's no legitimacy to these fictional setlists belonging somewhere else on this forum?

Much less ridiculous than the 'concert' that started it all tonight. These things have been going on for weeks. I have no problems with the topics and have laughed at them myself, but enough is enough. It seems like an intentional effort to get the ire up of people like myself, and those who won't even dare get involved in it.

coolian2 said:

Thanks for the cool attitude. Ditto everyone else including LM and kingofsorrow and others i may have forgotten.

Thank you for taking and enjoying it for what it was, a practical joke that is clearly the best thing to happen in here for ages, not counting Powerjuice, of course.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

mofo82 said:

So there's no legitimacy to these fictional setlists belonging somewhere else on this forum?

Much less ridiculous than the 'concert' that started it all tonight. These things have been going on for weeks. I have no problems with the topics and have laughed at them myself, but enough is enough. It seems like an intentional effort to get the ire up of people like myself, and those who won't even dare get involved in it.

Going on for weeks? What forum have you been reading?

mofo82 said:

They don't fit in DOL either. Really, we should have a tour forum again, but that's too much to ask for at this point. EYKIW is certainly the most logical place for the thread, if you look at the context. The concert thread would have stuck out like a sore thumb in DOL, but fit in just fine in EYKIW. I think that says it all, forum descriptions aside.

mofo82 said:
It seems like an intentional effort to get the ire up of people like myself, and those who won't even dare get involved in it.

This makes no sense to me and is absolutely not true. Why would we try to get people angry? We wanted a good laugh and to listen to/fantasize about/drool over a great setlist that was universally aclaimed in the thread (except by me; I don't like Seconds following Fast Cars). I've never come across you on the forums that I can recall - why would I intentionally want to make you or anyone else angry? There is value in laughter, not anger.

I fell for it at the start, too, and feel pretty silly about it now in retrospect. Taking in what Axver just said, though, I don't feel disappointed anymore...hell I'm laughing. Another kudos for dreaming up that setlist - pure fucking gold!

Next, people will be making threads to complain about my U2 cartoons because they're not factually accurate. :sigh:

The only reason I'm still going on with this is because I don't have to work tomorrow. When my new job starts in 2 weeks, and if I choose to come to this forum anymore, I don't want to have to read through topics that are disguised like legit threads in the past that had links and audio that we all benefitted from. There were no inside jokes with them. I don't have the time and patience like I once did for this kind of stuff.

LemonMelon said:
Next, people will be making threads to complain about my U2 cartoons because they're not factually accurate. :sigh:

Send em to Dream Out Loud, where they'll be unappreciated. :sad:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

LemonMelon said:

They don't fit in DOL either. Really, we should have a tour forum again, but that's too much to ask for at this point. EYKIW is certainly the most logical place for the thread, if you look at the context. The concert thread would have stuck out like a sore thumb in DOL, but fit in just fine in EYKIW. I think that says it all, forum descriptions aside.

Tourist's original idea was to put it in the setlist section of the tour forum, but it's locked, so what could we do? I suggested we put it here because it was the next logical place - I believe in the same thread I suggested it be a concert to celebrate the 75th birthday of the king of Liechtenstein (they don't have a king, nor is their royal leader 75) but that got turned into Save the Whalers which we thought was even more ridiculously obviously patently made up.

plebacloneta5.gif

smurfet2.jpg

mofo82 said:
The only reason I'm still going on with this is because I don't have to work tomorrow. When my new job starts in 2 weeks, and if I choose to come to this forum anymore, I don't want to have to read through topics that are disguised like legit threads in the past that had links and audio that we all benefitted from. There were no inside jokes with them. I don't have the time and patience like I once did for this kind of stuff.

If you're looking for the facts, and just the facts, isn't there a "news" section on the forum?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

Varitek said:

Tourist's original idea was to put it in the setlist section of the tour forum, but it's locked, so what could we do? I suggested we put it here because it was the next logical place - I believe in the same thread I suggested it be a concert to celebrate the 75th birthday of the king of Liechtenstein (they don't have a king, nor is their royal leader 75) but that got turned into Save the Whalers which we thought was even more ridiculously obviously patently made up.

All of this is 100% accurate and gets my seal of truthfulness, and my approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom