Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Least Favorite Song: Vote For It

• Zooropa

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Lemon

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 44 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
Again ... having a good video's fine, but I like a song to be seperate from its video. I think that argument fails if you're listening to the song not knowing it's MacPhisto.

I think this is where we differ. I almost always think of the video when I listen to Lemon... and I remember every time how much I enjoy that video! It's just a very visual song even with those lyrics (forgetting about Bono's facial expressions for a bit)! And Bono singing this song in his natural voice doesn't sound like it'll work for me. Not with that visual of a spaced out Macphisto grinning from ear to ear.

Speaking of trams, trains and such...

This image is for Axver's enjoyment...

torino-railroad.jpg

/random

Axver said:
... there are people on this planet who like Girls Aloud? :ohmy:

That’s the equivalent of asking if there are people on this planet who like breathing. Or asking if there are people on this planet who like having sex.

Girls Aloud is pure sex. Sex walking. Sex on 10 legs. Sex manufactured on an assembly line and sealed in candy-coated wrapping.

Now can I have a pass too Axver?
:wink:

corianderstem said:
Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you? Well maybe I just will! You and Bob Loblaw think you've got me allllllllllllllllll figured out. Well listen, mister. You don't know the first thing about me!

I don't want to just be a weapon in your arguments with an Australian state. :(

GirlsAloudFan said:
Girls Aloud is pure sex. Sex walking. Sex on 10 legs. Sex manufactured on an assembly line and sealed in candy-coated wrapping.

Oh, so you're a guy.

I just love the songs. :lol:

GirlsAloudFan said:
Sex manufactured on an assembly line and sealed in candy-coated wrapping.

You just made it too easy for me! This is exactly the problem: "manufactured".

Now can I have a pass too Axver?
:wink:

Only if you can pass my setlist trivia. :wink:

1. Out of all of the album tracks U2 have actually played live, which has been played the least and how many times?

2. Which Joshua Tree era b-sides have been performed live?

3. Which b-side debuted 3 years and 51 weeks before its official release?

(Yes, I know the answers to all of these off the top of my head.)

Off the top of my head:

I think 'Like A Song' was only played once.

'Silver and Gold' was obviously played live and would 'Sweetest thing' be considered a j.Tree b-side? It was played live, right?

And the third answer is 'Slow Dancing'

Axver said:
1. Out of all of the album tracks U2 have actually played live, which has been played the least and how many times?

2. Which Joshua Tree era b-sides have been performed live?

3. Which b-side debuted 3 years and 51 weeks before its official release?

(Yes, I know the answers to all of these off the top of my head.)

I'll take a stab:

1. Like a Song
2. The Sweetest Thing, Spanish Eyes
3. Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop?)

GirlsAloudFan said:
Off the top of my head:

I think 'Like A Song' was only played once.

'Silver and Gold' was obviously played live and would 'Sweetest thing' be considered a j.Tree b-side? It was played live, right?

And the third answer is 'Slow Dancing'

Wow, I'm going to give you a pass for that. I thought #3 would be the stumper.

1. Exactly right. Like A Song was done just the once on 26 February 1983 in Dundee.

2. My answer for this is Silver And Gold and Spanish Eyes, and I'll accept Sweetest Thing too. Sweetest Thing was only played live after the re-release, though it was snippeted once during AIWIY when it was still a b-side.

3. Slow Dancing's the one. PFan: Treasure was never done live! I suspect you're referring to Pete The Chop, which I count as a separate song entirely, just like Trevor and Touch.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I love you LM, but:

:sad: Sorry, I just miss DGPFYCC a lot right now. :( Plus, I was psyched that it may continue, so I'm disappointed.

Wanderer is a good song. Just my least favorite here. :reject:

Axver, since GirlsAloudFan got them right, you should be forced to perform a song-and-dance number to a Girls Aloud song. :wink:

Now you lemon haters (Pfan, I'm talking to you :angry: ), let's review:

lemonadevj2.jpg

Lemonade: good.

lemonbarsvi5.jpg

Lemon bars: good

lemondropsue3.jpg

Lemon drops: good

lemondrop2zu2.jpg

Lemon drops Sicy style: good

pdvd025dx9.jpg

Lemon: good

There should be no further questions :wink:

(God, I'm hungry :()

Axver said:
3. Slow Dancing's the one. PFan: Treasure was never done live! I suspect you're referring to Pete The Chop, which I count as a separate song entirely, just like Trevor and Touch.

I actually just threw it in there because of the time you gave. I remember how they held off releasing it, and kept it as a sort of "safety" single or something, right? I just thought that it might have some relevance. Maybe I'm talking about nothing.

corianderstem said:
Axver, since GirlsAloudFan got them right, you should be forced to perform a song-and-dance number to a Girls Aloud song. :wink:

Isn't giving her/him/it/whatever a pass more than enough? :mad: :wink:

I still have a hard time believing there is a male on this planet who likes Girls Aloud.

Can I just throw something out there? That's unrelated to anything else going on in this forum?

Zootlesque has the best username of anyone here. Plus, it abbreviates so nicely.

Zoots, where did it come from?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pass Axver. :D

I am a guy by the way. But I won't bring up my British-pop-fandom anymore if it isn't necessary. We can just stick to setlist trivia from now on...:wink:

Last edited:
:drool: Lemon is among my top 20 U2 tracks, and lemon bars are one of my favorite treats.

U2 should have shot lemon bars out of the money cannons during the Zooropa tour. :hmm: Except they could have taken someone's eye out, I suppose......with deliciousness.

phillyfan26 said:
I actually just threw it in there because of the time you gave. I remember how they held off releasing it, and kept it as a sort of "safety" single or something, right? I just thought that it might have some relevance. Maybe I'm talking about nothing.

Yeah, it's not that bad a guess really. We last have records of Pete The Chop being played on 13 July 1980. I suspect it could have been played later that month but cannot confirm that. The band held onto it as an emergency single in case their career tanked, as they believed it had the potential to save them, but then in late 1982 decided that was unnecessary and turned it into Treasure, which came out in January 1983.

Slow Dancing debuted live on 1 December 1989 in Osaka; early in the hours of 21 September 1989, Bono had sung a couple of verses from it on radio. It wasn't released until the last week of November 1993 as Stay's b-side.

corianderstem said:
Can I just throw something out there? That's unrelated to anything else going on in this forum?

Zootlesque has the best username of anyone here. Plus, it abbreviates so nicely.

:hyper: I know the answer! I know the answer!

Zoots, can I answer? :D

^ :lol:

corianderstem said:

:eek: Thank you thank you! lol. This may sound a bit silly but it came to me as an amalgamation of 2 things... Zoo TV and beatlesque melodies, two of my favorite things! Throw Discotheque in there and it all fits in! :happy:

Now I do know where yours came from... "hey now little speedyhead..." :drool: :drool: :drool:

My username came from the fact that if you rearrange the letters in lemon, it makes melon. It's easy to remember, and it's U2-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom