Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Running to Stand Still

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Exit

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
corianderstem said:
Play nice from here on out, kids. No one wants these polls to end with bloodshed and people crying like babies.
Yeah, but if One Tree Hill doesn't win out in the end... that's exactly what's going to happen. I kind of fear Axver's wrath (though personally, I'm rooting for Running to Stand Still :wink: )

Axver said:
3-5 on my list aren't very stable. Perhaps IGC is a shade better than studio Exit. If RTSS were more like the JT Tour version, it would probably be my #3. I actually don't think RTSS starts very well on the album, and I really wish it had the "still running" part.

Running to Stand Still would come third for me, after One Tree Hill and RHMT, which were the two songs that got me hooked on U2. I actually think that the studio version of RTSS is the best, much better than the live versions, except perhaps the ZooTV ones with the glorious "Halleluiah" ending.

you know what i've noticed? for these rounds when it gets harder to choose, i think my vote becomes more strategic than voting for my least favorite. many of these are at equal level with me, so my vote is to save a song that i fear is in danger of getting cut. i've probably fucked over this whole process in doing so.

unico said:
you know what i've noticed? for these rounds when it gets harder to choose, i think my vote becomes more strategic than voting for my least favorite. many of these are at equal level with me, so my vote is to save a song that i fear is in danger of getting cut. i've probably fucked over this whole process in doing so.

You're not alone.

unico said:

Makes perfect sense, though.

Hmmmm.....this was tough indeed.
I was torn between Exit and IGC.

I voted In God`s Country.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

In God's Country still has time (though I'm hoping it'll stay dead in favour of Exit). I predict we're probably still 20 votes short of the total.

phanan said:
I'm slightly surprised that In God's Country is winning this. I thought it was quite popular.

It is.

But this is U2's best album. What did you expect?

Well, it is.

IGC is a nice little pop song.

RHMT is fantastic, one of Bono's best vocal efforts.

phanan said:
:shocked:

Can't wait for Axver's reaction to that one. :wink:

:tsk: He's not my friend any more. :wink:

Though I am pleasantly surprised that RTSS is currently outpolling OTH 5-4 after OTH having a slight lead the last two rounds.

Axver said:

:tsk: He's not my friend any more. :wink:

Though I am pleasantly surprised that RTSS is currently outpolling OTH 5-4 after OTH having a slight lead the last two rounds.

OTH's fate hangs in the balance of those who have voted for neither so far.

Back
Top Bottom