Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Running to Stand Still

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Exit

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Eh, the clock tells me there's still two hours to go on this poll, but hey. Close enough.

Bullet the Blue Sky INSERT LAME PUN HERE out of the competition with 27 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- One Tree Hill
- Exit

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

Crap, this is going to be hard.

Play nice from here on out, kids. No one wants these polls to end with bloodshed and people crying like babies.

Exit

If we were comparing live versions of these songs, Exit would be the second best one here. But the production of the studio version hampers it slightly and therefore it's the correct one to vote off now.

IMO, of course. :wink:

IGC, though Phanan makes a valid point re: studio vs. live Exit.

CTU2fan said:
IGC, though Phanan makes a valid point re: studio vs. live Exit.

Hum..."G-L-O-R-I-A" at the end of Exit...random much?

I have to go with OTH...Sorry

Anybody who votes One Tree Hill has no ears or soul.

This is hard though. My rankings:

1. One Tree Hill: Best U2 song, full stop.
2. Red Hill Mining Town: The classic that should have been.
3. Exit: As I said in the last thread, a brooding beast of doom.
4. In God's Country: Great energetic number.
5. Running To Stand Still: Beautiful lyrics, beautiful keyboard ... but it's somehow the worst here. Damn JT is a good album.

3-5 on my list aren't very stable. Perhaps IGC is a shade better than studio Exit. If RTSS were more like the JT Tour version, it would probably be my #3. I actually don't think RTSS starts very well on the album, and I really wish it had the "still running" part.

1. One Tree Hill
T-2. Running to Stand Still
T-2. Red Hill Mining Town
4. Exit
5. In God's Country

Axver said:
Anybody who votes One Tree Hill has no ears or soul.

This is hard though. My rankings:

1. One Tree Hill: Best U2 song, full stop.
2. Red Hill Mining Town: The classic that should have been.
3. Exit: As I said in the last thread, a brooding beast of doom.
4. In God's Country: Great energetic number.
5. Running To Stand Still: Beautiful lyrics, beautiful keyboard ... but it's somehow the worst here. Damn JT is a good album.
No ears or soul...please...the song is pefection...but...it doesn't stand out for me...probably should gave gone with IGC...even though its a great song...it may b the weakest

Exit is mad good, one of the most original on the entire album u guy are crazy :)

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:

Is English your native language?

Yes dammit, I'm typing on an iTouch, plez forgive me

What I meant to say that One Tree Hill is perfect, I should have picked In Gods Country

Last edited:
It was your comment that it's perfection but it doesn't stick out, not the spelling.

That's a complete contradiction.

For me it would be:

1. RTSS
2. OTH
3. Exit
4. RHMT
5. IGC

I love RTSS... it's one of my all time favourite U2 songs... it is the song that started my love for this band... I never tire of it.

A final round of RTSS vs OTH is going to be brutal.

I just hope that no rounds get mercy-ruled, or I may miss it. I won't have Internet access from the 18th to the 20th. Cori, would you be willing to manually count a vote for me? We did that last July with the Prog Island tournament to no objections.

I kinda wish I hadn't blind voted. I'd keep Red Hill Mining Town around for one more round if it would save Exit. I should've voted In God's Country.

Back
Top Bottom