Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• United Colours

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Slug

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Your Blue Room

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Always Forever Now

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Beach Sequence

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • ... Let's Go Native

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
You've heard nothing by him? Damn, I bet you'd really enjoy some of his work from 1976-1979. Very creative and atmospheric.

I was thinking the same thing.

phillyfan26 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

The Three Musketeers provide different facets of the same collective mind. It's fucking scary.

Axver, listen to Low and Heroes, ASAP. Pretentious electronic prog FTW.

LemonMelon said:
You've heard nothing by him? Damn, I bet you'd really enjoy some of his work from 1976-1979. Very creative and atmospheric.

I'm sure I've heard his stuff, and when I get around to listening I fully expect to say "oh, this!", but I can't think of any of it off the top of my head.

phillyfan26 said:
There's not many lyrics to it, either. I'm 95% sure just looking at that match that he simply rapped "I'm Afraid of Americans."

Actually, I think he does more of it. If I remember correctly, I had some trouble identifying that snippet.

Axver, you'll be pround to know that I've started listening to Explosions in the Sky. You won't be happy to hear that it's because they did the soundtrack for a wonderful show about football. Yeah, that football.

Varitek said:
Axver, you'll be pround to know that I've started listening to Explosions in the Sky. You won't be happy to hear that it's because they did the soundtrack for a wonderful show about football. Yeah, that football.

:lol:

Well ... still, as long as you're listening to quality music. Holy shit, the concert last Saturday was mindblowing. Front fucking row, oh yes. :drool:

Varitek said:

I also like to take this moment to express my fondness for that. Particular band.

Axver said:
I'm sure I've heard his stuff, and when I get around to listening I fully expect to say "oh, this!", but I can't think of any of it off the top of my head.

Actually, I think he does more of it. If I remember correctly, I had some trouble identifying that snippet.

I'd recommend most of his albums in the 70s, but Low and Heroes are right up your alley.

No spoken words said:
Explosions in the Sky are great. I like putting them on at work, makes whatever I'm doing in my office seem a hell of a lot more important.

Did you see the Simmons mailbag?

Q: Do you realize that listening to Explosions in the Sky, the band that does most of "Friday Night Lights" music, can make any normal experience epic? I walked my dog [while] wearing headphones and listening to them, and by the end of the walk, I felt as if I had experienced something truly life-altering. I am currently trying to apply the "Explosions Theory" to many other aspects of my life, such as showering, vacuuming and doing laundry.
-- Owen, Cleveland

SG: Couldn't agree more. I wish there was a way to pump that music into every bathroom in my house. I'm also amazed none of the presidential candidates has used Explosions in the Sky for their campaign. You could show me a 30-second ad of John McCain trying to pass out a kidney stone to that music and I'd probably want to vote for him afterward.

Dear Bono,

Snippeted the Beatles much?

Sincerely,
Ax

I'm at the end of the letter I, and I already have twenty Beatles or Lennon songs.

And yeah, the EITS gig I saw was one of those things where you walk out afterwards and the world suddenly seems different. Everything feels more epic. And Munaf Rayani has an insane amount of energy. 1980s Bono scaling scaffolding suddenly appears sluggish and lazy in comparison.

For all you Wii owners:

Super Mario Galaxy + Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place = genius combination

I had no idea what the hell I was doing, and it was still amazing.

No spoken words said:
For all you Wii owners:

Sorry about that.

:wink: That was almost clever. Would have been better if you had given a shout-out to all those XBox 360 owners who got pwned by the downfall of HD-DVD.

Varitek said:

Bill Simmons. and lol. I love his wife.

Fuck, Bill, sorry. Dan Simmons is an author I like a lot.

His wife is just a tad too snarky for my tastes. She's relentless. If I met her in real life, I'd likely hate her. Bill I'd find common ground with, be it U2, video games, etc.....I just think he lost his fastball a few years ago, and is pretty much on repeat these days.

LemonMelon said:

:wink: That was almost clever. Would have been better if you had given a shout-out to all those XBox 360 owners who got pwned by the downfall of HD-DVD.

I actually never cared about the HD DVD element. I bought it cos I liked the console and whatnot, and, PS3 had limited titles at the time. :shrug: I just find the Wii to be ridiculous, but, that being said, I know a lot of people that really love it. To each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom