Report on Edge's Bachelor Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonomofo

The Fly
June 19, 2002
From The New York Post:

PAGE SIX
By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH and CHRIS WILSON

Rounded Edge

INSTEAD of strippers, the bachelor party for U2 guitarist The Edge featured supermodels.
Christy Turlington and Helena Christensen joined Bono, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen for
The Edge's bon voyage to bachelorhood at Danube and his life-to-be with Morleigh
Steinberg, the belly dancer he met nearly 10 years ago. The David Bouley-owned
Viennese eatery served the rockers a nine-course meal capped with asparagus ice cream
and gallons of Austrian wine. After dessert, Bono toasted the kitchen with a long speech.

(I found this on youtwo.net)

-Jessica

Not really my idea of a bachelor party!!!!

I love asparagus, but please, asparagus ice cream!?!

I bet to eat at that place costs a fortune, more money than sence comes to mind!

What is wrong with good old vanilla or mint ice cream?!

Ugh I hate asparagus. However I think I might have forced it down if it meant getting an invite to Edges party.
They could have hired me as a stripper or something. ;) :eek:

YUCKY DUCKY!

:evil:
I found this on botanical.com:

---Medicinal Action and Uses---The virtues of Asparagus are well known as a diuretic and laxative; and for those of sedentary habits who suffer from symptoms of gravel, it has been found very beneficial, as well as in cases of dropsy. The fresh expressed juice is taken medicinally in tablespoonful doses.

EWWWWWWWWWW :huh:

ice-cream.gif

plus

asparagus.jpg

equals

:barf:

:D

[color=royal blue]LADIES. Ladies.

We are all missing the point.

This is a big event in Edge's life.

Who CARES what disgusting flavor of ice cream they ate.

The important thing is, does Bono lick or bite his ice cream?

;)
[/color]

Re: YUCKY DUCKY!

stephannv said:
:evil:
I found this on botanical.com:

---Medicinal Action and Uses---The virtues of Asparagus are well known as a diuretic and laxative; and for those of sedentary habits who suffer from symptoms of gravel, it has been found very beneficial, as well as in cases of dropsy. The fresh expressed juice is taken medicinally in tablespoonful doses.

EWWWWWWWWWW :huh:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

Gotta go, Edge?! :eek: HAHHAHHAHHAH

As for having supermodels instead of strippers,um, arent they kinda the same thing???:lol:

All I can tell you is....I love asparagus, Bono can lick ice cream with me anytime, and I bet the page six is missing a comma

in asparagus, ice cream.....

(can you tell my own personal Bono's away on business, and I cannot get Melpop's ten second kiss off my mind, even for ten seconds)

What a scary PLEBA woman I've turned into!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MonaVox said:
[color=royal blue]LADIES. Ladies.

We are all missing the point.

This is a big event in Edge's life.

Who CARES what disgusting flavor of ice cream they ate.

The important thing is, does Bono lick or bite his ice cream?

;)
[/color]

:laugh: :laugh:

Oh man! *daydreams about Bono eating ice cream* I wanna be Bono's ice creaaaaaaaaaaaaam! LOL :D

I know-this is a tabloid paper-so who knows?

Some articles say the wedding is Sat., others say Friday. Whenever it is, I hope they have a BEAUTIFUL DAY :D

June 20, 2002
From The Irish Mirror:

Drew Mackenzie In New York And Paul Martin In Dublin

THERE was no sex or drugs - but plenty of rock and roll when The Edge enjoyed his last night
of freedom as a single man.

The multi-millionaire U2 guitarist held his stag party in New York to escape the gaze of the
press, but he had nothing to hide.

Instead of the customary strippers and bad-boy antics, the party featured supermodels Christy
Turlington and Helena Christensen who joined Bono, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen to celebrate
the big night. The party was held at the posh Danube restaurant near Bono's new home in New
York.

The Edge's American fiancee Morleigh Steinberg, the belly dancer he met nearly 10 years ago,
spent the night with friends.

A friend of The Edge said: "He was very well behaved and there were no naughty things going on.

"He resisted the temptation to have a bit of fun on his last night of freedom.

"Everyone was very drunk and ended up leaving at dawn.

"That was about as rock 'n' roll as it got."

The celebrities enjoyed a nine-course meal capped with asparagus ice cream and gallons of white
wine.

After dessert, Bono toasted the couple and the kitchen with one of his typical rambling speeches. A
witness said: "It went on for about 20 minutes and most of the guests started talking among themselves
halfway through.

"But Bono said some very touching things like The Edge is a brother to him."

The Edge, real name Dave Evans, will marry Morleigh on Saturday at his French holiday home.

Family and friends will fly out to watch as the 40-year-old ties the knot with his girlfriend of nine years.

A source said: "All the gang will be there and it's sure to be a party to remember.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
:laugh: :laugh:

Oh man! *daydreams about Bono eating ice cream* I wanna be Bono's ice creaaaaaaaaaaaaam! LOL :D

[color=royal blue]BONO: *slo-mo lick*

OK now someone needs to take that pic of Bono trying to lick Larry and photoshop Larry into ice cream.
[/color]

daisybean said:
LOL Mona.... here is my lame photoshop attempt

Sorry I couldn't find asparagus

[color=royal blue]LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roflmao.gif

roflmao.gif

roflmao.gif

[/color]

Back
Top Bottom