RED is coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hcbiggs2002 said:
Hey thanks to everyone who answered my quiry, I now have a clear picture of what kind of store Gap is. :up: And Babydolls info about how (RED) has increased Gaps popularity, was especially helpful!! :hug: I presume that the increased popularity has also means increased sales and profit? :hmm:

Insider information: :shifty: (its not illegal to give out this info, btw!!)

Our sales goals were around $40,000 a day and ever since Product Red started, we have been surpassing that on a day to day basis. People say Product Red was just the tonic we needed! Now we are considered one of the major apparel brands out there!

*proud*

:D

Babydoll said:

Our sales goals were around $40,000 a day and ever since Product Red started, we have been surpassing that on a day to day basis. People say Product Red was just the tonic we needed! Now we are considered one of the major apparel brands out there!

*proud*

Thanks for sharing with us. Does this factor in the sales increasing one can anticipate during the holiday season? I wonder if (RED) would be making as much of a difference if it had been released say, mid-summer. I'm not trying to be cynical, I just like to narrow down all the factors involved.

redhotswami said:
I'm confused, I don't know if this has been addressed yet (32 pages!), but I figured I'd ask anyway:

Why are some of the (RED) products made in China? Like, purchasing them is still helping people in Africa, but still supporting the sweatshops in China. I wanted to buy a pin, and I saw it was made in China. I was SO MAD. I think this is kinda contradictory, and I'm wary of buying (RED) products, or any products for that matter, that are made in China.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Does anyone have more insight into this?

I must be careful when shopping for RED products then. Thanks for the heads up.:up:

I've been a lurker in most of this thread but I must complement the last three posts - a very nice level of serious discussion about (RED).

I do think that (RED) needs to be preparing some ways that it intends to keep its sales up of (RED) products after the Holiday shopping season.

I have been told by a little birdie that (RED) will have a special push for the next (RED)dest Holiday after Christmas - Valentine's Day. :heart: :heart:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes after that from (RED).

I also appreciate the discussion on buying (RED) products from China and/or Africa.

I would like to second Carmel's words - please be careful when shopping (RED).

Please buy (RED) products made in Africa.

Have a GREAT Holiday Season. :hug:

I've contacted product (RED) and GAP about my concern with (RED) products made in sweatshops. If anyone else is concerned about this issue, I definitely encourage you to do the same! I haven't yet received a response, and I don't expect to. However, I think it is still important that our voices are heard. If we show them that there is a demand for more products to be made in Africa, then perhaps they will make some changes.

Rock on! :up:

Babydoll said:

*proud*

you go girl!!! :rockon:

I take that back, I *did* get a reply from Gap. The rep said "Thank you for supporting Product (RED)." And then copied and pasted stuff from the Gap (RED) web site.

Automated replies :love:

Whatever though, I say keep at it. They won't know what we want unless we tell them :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom