Received U2 ZOO TV LIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandc

The Fly
Got my copy yesterday from u2.com. U2.communication was also included!

U2.com on time! :shocked:

Is there anything special about the cover art?, or the packaging that the Zoo TV show comes in?....i don't remember reading about it, then again, I don't remember what happened 5 minutes ago!

It comes in a black sleeve, and within that is a folded up 2-sided poster, and 2 other black sleeves artwork for the 2 cd's

from nick,
is trying to throw your arms a bonus track and how is the overall sound of the cd, can't wait to get mine, i hope i get communication as well

Trying to Throw Your Arms is on there...the same audio version off of the DVD. I am not a good judge on the sound...it all sounds fine to me!!

What is this? Im not a member anymore...

Can someone fill me in...

Tracklistings, etc...

Thanks

bono_man said:
What is this? Im not a member anymore...

Can someone fill me in...

Tracklistings, etc...

Thanks

And your subscription comes with a unique bonus - 'ZOO2LIVE - U2 LIVE IN SYDNEY', a double CD concert special featuring 24 tracks and two hours of music recorded in Sydney on the ZOO TV Tour. Included in the package is a specially commissioned double-sided poster celebrating the ZOO TV era.

More about 'ZOO2LIVE - U2 LIVE IN SYDNEY'

Commissioned and produced exclusively for U2.Com Subscribers, this two hour long double live CD comes in a specially gatefold sleeve, along with a fold-out colour poster recalling a unique moment in rock 'n' roll history at the Sydney Football Stadium in November of 1993. Extremely collectable, it's the only live album ever to be released from the legendary Zoo TV Tour.

Also including a bonus track from the Yankee Stadium in New York, these live tracks are not available for download and have never been made commercially available on CD.
ZOO2LIVE' Disc 1
1. Show Opening
2. Zoo Station
3. The Fly
4. Even Better Than The Real Thing
5. Mysterious Ways
6. One
7. Unchained Melody
8. Until The End Of The World
9. New Year's Day
10. Numb
11. Angel Of Harlem
12. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
13. Satellite Of Love

'ZOO2LIVE' Disc 2
1. Dirty Day
2. Bullet The Blue Sky
3. Running To Stand Still
4. Where The Streets Have No Name
5. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
6. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
7. Macphisto
8. Lemon
9. With Or Without You
10. Love Is Blindness
11. Can't Help Falling In Love

Bonus Track

Tryin' To Throw Your Arms around the World
(live from the Zoo TV Special, Yankee Stadium, New York, 29th August 1992

I'm kinda tempted to re-subscribe even though I have rips of it. :huh:

That actually looks quite cool. Almost cool enough to make me subscribe, but not quite. I shall download it illegally. :wink:

Lemme see if I get straight , if u subscribe now u get

Both :

U2 ZOO live and Communication ??

Then what was the magic sandc made to receive both ? :hmm:

Gettin bit confused here

or save yourself some money and just rip the audio off the dvd, your willing to pay money for a double cd you could get off a dvd and get some fancy artwork? sounds silly to me

prideofzootv said:
or save yourself some money and just rip the audio off the dvd, your willing to pay money for a double cd you could get off a dvd and get some fancy artwork? sounds silly to me

Or you could've just downloaded it from the U2 hub 4 years ago.

its worth having. i think its a little better then the rip of the dvd. it sounds better in my car. the bass from the dvd rip was really loud. its also a nice collectors item. this is the only u2 full concert ever released by the band. it makes me excited for the next years to come. maybe next year we will get the full "red rocks concert" a fan can dream...

prideofzootv said:

I can't figure out how to rip the audio off the DVD (which I have), and frankly after crashing my computer once this past month I'm not exactly inclined to download new programs.

If someone put it on save file I would definitely download it but if not I'll just remain in misery.

How do you rip the audio off a DVD? I would love to be able to play all of the recent concerts in the car.

Thanks in advance.

I believe if you were lucky enough to subscribe or resubscribe in a certain time frame, U2/Fanfare/Management made the decision to include both cds because they could not make an accurate assessment if you were renewing or a first timer. This would of occured if the subscription was made before the announcement of a new package but not too long before (maybe 2-4 weeks?).

david said:
I thought soundboard recordings of the COMPLETE show existed on the internet for about 10 years now?

It has been. I have had the best version of it the direct rip from the Westwood One pre FM CD.

That being said, I have received the discs from U2.com and I think the audio sounds better on the U2.com version. I think its even a little better than the DVD audio rip. I would put it a hair below the quality of the Dublin 93 broadcast (which I think is one of the best quality recordings there is period). So if you are really into quality audio, and really have an ear for it. I would recommend subscribing it will be worth it to you.

If you are happy with MP3's or rips from the VHS audio, then its probably a waste of money for you. :shrug:

Got mine a few days ago. Nice little packaging. I haven't ripped it to iTunes yet. Trying to decide if I want to go all the way to 320 or if I'll do 2-something. I've got ZooEuropa (the boot of 1993-8-28), but I'm excited to listen to this one anyway.

side note: i wish there was a better dvd bootleg of 1993-8-28 than the audience-shot one...

chocky said:
I got an email on 21 November saying my CD would be dispatched on 27 November but it still hasn't arrived and it'n now 12 December.

Anyone else experiencing delays?

Thank God someone else is having delays. I subscribed on the same day as you - 21 November - but haven't received mine either. Left a message with Fanfire yesterday but no sign of them replying. I thought mine might have been lost in the post, but they did say they use ordinary local mail didn't they? There's no one in my house during the day to sign for anything so my worry is that it comes and they don't bother leaving a note.

Let me know if you hear anything, and I'll post here too if Fanfire get back to me.

Back
Top Bottom