Rate the Song Series: Deep in the Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Deep in the Heart

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10. even though i don't necessarily think it's a 10, i'm rating it that way to counter the people that never really gave the song a chance.:D

Fucking 10! Arguably their most interesting, atmospheric, arty b-side ever. This song gives me chills and makes me want to drive through the Mohave desert with UF and JT era songs in the CD player.

The highlight of the song is Edge's guitar work here. So different from his usual stuff, amazing! :drool:

2. Terrible song, deserved to be a b-side. Hate Edge's "solo" and the whole song just goes nowhere, sitting on its arse doing nothing.

... except perhaps paedophilia. I swear Bono sings "thirteen years old, sweet as a rose". I just can't hear "thirty".

2. Terrible song, deserved to be a b-side. Hate Edge's "solo" and the whole song just goes nowhere, sitting on its arse doing nothing.

... except perhaps paedophilia. I swear Bono sings "thirteen years old, sweet as a rose". I just can't hear "thirty".

see, i knew there was a reason to give it a 10. haha!

just wait till Achtung, my friend. i'm signing up 5 additional accounts just to counter your low scores. ;)

I'll sign up five accounts for every one of yours! :tongue:

Nobody will suspect OneSucks, OneBlows, One'sShit, One'sCrap, NobodyLikesOne, and OneFail as being alters ...!

:lol:

just for that, when Disappearing Act becomes available, i'm sending you the Mary J Blige version of One instead.

If you do that, how many accounts do you want me to register to downrate Disappearing Act?

Oh boy, now, whenever I listen to Disappearing Act, I'll always hear "Disappearing Ass" or "Disappearing Ax". The song's ruined for me before it's even released. :wink:

I'll sign up five accounts for every one of yours! :tongue:

Nobody will suspect OneSucks, OneBlows, One'sShit, One'sCrap, NobodyLikesOne, and OneFail as being alters ...!

:lol: Can't wait for notAardvark and notAxver to come out of the woodwork during Heartland either...

I've got an interview somewhere where Bono talks about visiting his childhood home for the last time when his father sold the house and remembering (and I'm trying to remember the actual quote, one day I'll buy a scanner):

"Deep in the Heart is about a sexual encounter I had there '13 years old, sweet as a rose, every petal of her paper thin'.. "

Knew it was thirteen!

The context helps, but ... it still sounds creepy as hell coming from a 26 year old guy.

:lol: I don't care even if the lyrics are actually about pedophilia but the music and atmosphere here are too fucking brilliant to give it anything less than a 10.

The song was left off the Best of 1980-1990 B-Sides disc , in my view for good reason.

I personally think it is not in the top rank of U2 mid 1980s B-Sides, but each to their own.

Back
Top Bottom