RARE newly found photos to share taken by Jesus Girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2jesusgirl said:

Those 80's were GOOD TIMES!!! :sexywink:

I was more interested in the day before with Bono and Larry in their speedos, lounging by the pool catching rays. I had to keep total composure sitting with the Edge and those two were on the chairs next to me... AHHHHH!!

(I wish we could have taken pictures...but we didn't want the Edge mad at us again.)

You are kidding me? You got to sit next to them at the pool too?
You are the envy of all of us! :)
COOL!! What great memories.

I should be ashamed of myself for the thoughts I'm having about sitting next to them at the pool, wearing speedos, sunning themselves, my eyes trying not to look in certain areas, maybe they would need suntan lotion rubbbed on, somebody stop me. :ohmy: :drool: :evil:

youvedonewhat said:

I think we should ALL go live with U2Jesusgirl :evil: Think we'd all fit in?

Come on over!!!! haha! But I do have a 7 year old, 11 year old and a hubby. Bring the families! haha!

I actually have a few who plan on coming to Arizona to go to the shows with me next time too..haha! ((BONO'SLADY!!)) ALL are welcome!!!

Maybe if you all come it will bring back some good luck with meeting them here....Last time I met them was Elevation (Bono and Adam). Vertigo, Adam did try, but the fans were nuts and mobbed him. Plus Glendale Arena had stupid security and had no idea how to handle U2 fans.

Oh my, my jesusgirl!! Thank you so much for sharing your pics and stories! I am a long time U2/Bono* fan, since 1981...seen them alot, but never got to meet them!(I too, was at the 'Christmas Shows' I called them, 7th row on Edge's side! When I went by the scalpers, I waved my $5.00 ticket at them saying..'nan, nana, nana'(i know real adult! hee..lol!)And my fave part of that christmas show was when Bono was singing 'All I want is you..'!)Anyways, I have KNown About you, but never got the chance to meet you! Ps. never Need a reason to go to ARiZ.!!:heart: Thanks again for all those lovely photos of Bono!

This is a great thread .
Thank you JG for your stories and pics . one question .
why did Edge get mad at you ? I must have missed that part somewhere . :huh:

Hi, I just readed your my space blog ---->:drool: :drool: :drool:

great pics and great stories :D

I think if The edge screams at me I would hate him :grumpy: you didn´t deserve that but is good that everything went well :hug:

Caroni said:
Hi, I just readed your my space blog ---->:drool: :drool: :drool:

great pics and great stories :D

I think if The edge screams at me I would hate him :grumpy: you didn´t deserve that but is good that everything went well :hug:

Thanks Caroni, It's kind of a touchy subject because he thought we were just following them there and I could see why he would get mad. But he yelled at us about it, not knowing the facts first.
"Amigo" as I call him, knew we were coming there, but Edge didn't.. I feel like he made amends tho with how he treated us after and how he had us sit with him.

:scream: Seeing your pictures, jesusgirl, makes me want the 80's back in a real bad way!!!

I miss the 80's!!!!

:rockon:

u2jesusgirl said:

Those 80's were GOOD TIMES!!! :sexywink:

I was more interested in the day before with Bono and Larry in their speedos, lounging by the pool catching rays. I had to keep total composure sitting with the Edge and those two were on the chairs next to me... AHHHHH!!

(I wish we could have taken pictures...but we didn't want the Edge mad at us again.)

Excuse me, did I read this correctly? YOU SAW BONO IN A SPEEDO? :shocked: :shocked:

I can't believe after all that, you've lived to tell.

JesusGirl - your pix bring back some pretty awesome memories (and some scary hair ones of the huge, crazy 80's blue-black perm I used to sport back in the day!). Thanks so much for posting all of your great pix and amazing stories. I truly regret that I never was smart enough to 1. bring a camera to shows before the Elevation tour and 2. figure out that you could actually meet the band with a little effort. Thank god (or interference) that I've learned better...

You rock!

JCOSTER said:

Excuse me, did I read this correctly? YOU SAW BONO IN A SPEEDO? :shocked: :shocked:

I can't believe after all that, you've lived to tell.

JC, you just noticed that?? LOL! yes, some wonderful memories of being poolside with the knight....ahhhhhh.......Don't ask me what color the speedos were or anything. I don't remember...haha!

Last edited:
bratty_cat said:
JesusGirl - your pix bring back some pretty awesome memories (and some scary hair ones of the huge, crazy 80's blue-black perm I used to sport back in the day!). Thanks so much for posting all of your great pix and amazing stories. I truly regret that I never was smart enough to 1. bring a camera to shows before the Elevation tour and 2. figure out that you could actually meet the band with a little effort. Thank god (or interference) that I've learned better...

You rock!

it was so much easier to meet them back then, but even today, they are so accomodating....Esp Bono....Thank God for BONO!!!

Here some shots I took from the Elevation Meet and Greet. You may have already seen these...They are from America West Arena, Phoenix. I was using a first edition digital camera. It was bad.....

ADAM

AdamAWA3.jpg

apr2909.jpg

apr2910.jpg

apr2911.jpg

u2jesusgirl said:

it was so much easier to meet them back then, but even today, they are so accomodating....Esp Bono....Thank God for BONO!!!

Here some shots I took from the Elevation Meet and Greet. You may have already seen these...They are from America West Arena, Phoenix. I was using a first edition digital camera. It was bad.....

ADAM

AdamAWA3.jpg

apr2909.jpg

apr2910.jpg

apr2911.jpg

OMG i miss Elevation Adam he looked so hott!:drool:

u2jesusgirl said:
Good morning from Arizona!!! Thanks for all the nice comments and glad you are enjoying the pix!!

Here the rest from JT with the boys arriving at ASU Activity Center, Tempe, AZ

Pay special attention as to who you see by the cars!!!! Can you see who they are????

JT34a001-01.jpg

JT33a001-01.jpg

JT32a001-01.jpg

JT31a001-01.jpg

JT30a001-01.jpg

JT29a001-01.jpg

The cars they ride to and from the venue today sure are a few steps above those. :lol:

Great Elevation meet n' greet pix!

I haven't met them at a venue yet (mostly lazy and intimidated by too many people waiting) but I have been lucky to meet Bono on a couple of non-U2-related occasions and, yes, he is truly sweet and accommodating.

It's a tour fantasy of mine to someday see them in Arizona (probably because I became a hardcore fan around the time of JT and always associate AZ and the Southwest with that album and the band at that period in time :drool: )

And I must add that I think Adam, not Larry, is really the Dorian Gray of the band - he just gets better and better as time goes by!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom