Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Lily has you there to comfort her from loud noises :hug:

Did you guys hear about Steve McNair?

and those things that go bump in the night........:der: The annoying thing was the concerned tone in his voice. I hope I'll be able to make dinner on my own.

I heard about it but haven't found out why other than he was shot. I'll read up on it later. That's really sad.

Yeah, "bye" would have been good enough.

Heard about Steve McNair....it started as a trending topic on Twitter and I clicked on it. Wonder what happened, exactly........murder/suicide or murder made to look like murder/suicide.

I may walk over to Walgreen's later and then catch the fireworks. Not sure. Putting the pajamas on early and maybe finding a movie on Netflix instant view also holds some appeal.

I would like to stop catching the news coverage of the hot dog eating contest from earlier today :sick:

Yes, I am officially old. Pajamas are on and I will see whatever fireworks I can see from the windows in the house. The fear of mosquitos biting and biting and biting has won. I don't want to have to bathe in bug spray to go outside.

I was stood up :happy: I'm having a really rotten time adjusting to being back and now for the second day in a row, I didn't hear from a friend I haven't seen since I got back into town. I didn't want to have yet another pity party last night when my friend didn't call or respond to my text. But now that it happened with another friend...I'm not happy. My friend tonight said she worked until 8 and could be here by 8:15-8:30 but would text me on the way. Her work is really close to where I live and she has to pass my neighborhood to get home. Guess she found something else to do.

I'm the one that left so I guess I shouldn't expect people to just stop the world now that I'm back. But it would be nice to at least tell me they're not really all that interested in getting together instead of saying yes and then deciding to not tell me they changed their mind.

I'm supposed to go to a movie tomorrow with a friend but with my track record of going out this weekend, I don't have high hopes of actually doing anything tomorrow.

A friends brother is a missionary and is in Honduras...........actually trying to get out of Honduras. Someplace I don't reallly ever want to go.

Summer is back here ~ 77 degrees.

Got a text from Springsteen on Twitter..........his people mistakenly sent out a message saying pre sale tickets for Honolulu go on sale tomorrow..................I :lol:'d when I read that.....what happens if I go to see Springsteen in Honolulu? U2= broken leg; Springsteen = heaven only knows.
Anyway, it was a mistaken tweet and it was retracted..............

A friends brother is a missionary and is in Honduras...........actually trying to get out of Honduras. Someplace I don't reallly ever want to go.

Summer is back here ~ 77 degrees.

Got a text from Springsteen on Twitter..........his people mistakenly sent out a message saying pre sale tickets for Honolulu go on sale tomorrow..................I :lol:'d when I read that.....what happens if I go to see Springsteen in Honolulu? U2= broken leg; Springsteen = heaven only knows.
Anyway, it was a mistaken tweet and it was retracted..............

I don't think I'd want to go there either. That kind of work is too risky these days....

Summer was back today here too but I still wore a hoodie most of the day outside! It's cold for my Arizona blood. I should be fine next summer but I think I'm going to be freezing the rest of this summer.

I don't understand twitter :huh:

went to the lake fairly early this morning for a walk with my mom. We spent most of the hour long walk discussing some of the goofy character's at the resort. I was glad she didn't bother me about cleaning up around here.

I did go out with my friend today to the movie. We saw Transformers. Not my usual type of movie but it wasn't too bad. I fell asleep the last 5 minutes though. :der: Then we took a tour of the brand new police station that just opened in the city they live in. Her hubby is the sargent so he showed us everything including the cells. :yikes: There wasn't a single person in the entire building other than him so he was able to take us into rooms we normally shouldn't see. Being in a prison cell was pretty creepy even if it's only a 48 hour max cell. Not something I plan on seeing again anytime soon.....

Patrick Cudahy factory here is still burning. It began last night at 9:45. It is a 106 year old company/building. Employs 1800 people. People in nearby community were evacuated early this morning because of possible ammonia leakage and all the smoke. Some of those people went to shelters others came to the mall I work at. They just wanted to go home but are not being allowed to yet. Not a great day here :(.

Off the next 2 days and am planning to watch the MJ memorial tomorrow as I clean.

Brett and his wife put a down payment down on a condo in a Minneapolis suburb according to reports here. Start practicing your Favre cheers, arw.

Awwwwwwww sorry about the serious family stuff :hug:

Pics whenever you can get to them............Hang in there

Patrick Cudahy factory here is still burning. It began last night at 9:45. It is a 106 year old company/building. Employs 1800 people. People in nearby community were evacuated early this morning because of possible ammonia leakage and all the smoke. Some of those people went to shelters others came to the mall I work at. They just wanted to go home but are not being allowed to yet. Not a great day here :(.

Off the next 2 days and am planning to watch the MJ memorial tomorrow as I clean.

that sounds scary....

San Fran pics to everyone that was interested this week I promise....everyday life keeps getting in the way. Work is insane right now and dealing with some serious family stuff.

hope everything is ok....email me to let me know what's going on if you feel like it when you have time.

nothing exciting on the job front today. :( I found out that my friend that stood me up on the 4th got food poisoning from my favorite Irish pub! :angry: We went there for dinner and drinks last week. She ended up being sick about an hour after she got home until the rest of the week. But she still could have texted me to let me know what was going on! :madwife: She works in food service so I hope she's going to give them hell about it.

Shari there's a good chance I will be at your Irish fair this year. My friends are going for the weekend. Hopefully I will have a job by then and hopefully they will let me have that weekend off! :) I've always wanted to go so hopefully things will work out so I can take a little trip in Aug.

^ :applaud: I hope it works out! You will LOVE it!
Milwaukee Irish Fest

my friend has been on a tug of war team for years so she goes all over the midwest on the weekends to pull. She tore something in her leg last summer and is still healing so she's not able to compete yet. Her daughter is on a jr team but just had her tonsils out so she's not able to practice and compete for a few more weeks. But they both still want to go really bad to cheer on teams and help out. They always invite me to go with but I've just never had the chance. Since Gaelic Storm is MIA at my Irish Fair this year I'm more than ok with skipping that to go to this one. My friend already has her hotel arrangements made so I know they're going for sure. We were talking about maybe going to Green Bay sometime this summer but this sounds better to me! I've always wanted to go to GB and see what the "enemies" camp looks like :der: Plus I've worked with and gone to school with so many people from there that I'd just like to see it someday. Can't do that in the Fall with football season going on so maybe in the Spring.

Anyways if I can go my friend and her daughter will spend a lot of their time on Sat afternoon cheering on their teams so I'll have plenty of time to wander around. I mentioned to her that I had a U2 friend that goes every year and she said she wouldn't mind if I ditched them for a while if I wanted to in order to meet up with you or just wander alone. Then that night we'll go to Gaelic Storm.

I just need to find a job! :happy: :nervouslaugh: :barf:

this doesn't change the fact that I'm still out of work but....my chef instructor from school just told me that the pastry chef at this particular restaurant I interviewed for last week is a jerk. :happy: She said the person who quit, also a former student of my instructor, did so without another job lined up. She said it's probably for the best that I don't think I'm going to be offered a job because I won't like working for her. I still need a job! She's waiting to hear back from a friend that runs a catering company. However, I have a friend that used to work for the bakery that is owned by the same person and my friend said he's a big ass and she also up and quit without a job. It's amazing how everyone knows everyone in this industry. Same way in Phx. Everyone knew everyone. But....I think the owner of the catering co/bakery only works at the bakery. So we'll see. :crack:

just finished walking my tail off at the lake and I come home and eat 1/2 a bag of jalapeno cheetos :shame: I've walked 4 out of the last 5 days so I think I deserve a little something. Plus I've definitely noticed a change since I quit my job. I haven't had a ton of carbs and sugar so I've lost a few pounds just from that. Today was by far my fastest walk around. If it wasn't about to rain I'd probably go again later on when my mom gets home but I think it's going to be pouring by ten. :angry: Love having rain in my life again but not when it interferes with the lake!

this doesn't change the fact that I'm still out of work but....my chef instructor from school just told me that the pastry chef at this particular restaurant I interviewed for last week is a jerk. :happy: She said the person who quit, also a former student of my instructor, did so without another job lined up. She said it's probably for the best that I don't think I'm going to be offered a job because I won't like working for her. I still need a job! She's waiting to hear back from a friend that runs a catering company. However, I have a friend that used to work for the bakery that is owned by the same person and my friend said he's a big ass and she also up and quit without a job. It's amazing how everyone knows everyone in this industry. Same way in Phx. Everyone knew everyone. But....I think the owner of the catering co/bakery only works at the bakery. So we'll see. :crack:

So that is a bit of comfort then, I would say.

just finished walking my tail off at the lake and I come home and eat 1/2 a bag of jalapeno cheetos :shame: I've walked 4 out of the last 5 days so I think I deserve a little something. Plus I've definitely noticed a change since I quit my job. I haven't had a ton of carbs and sugar so I've lost a few pounds just from that. Today was by far my fastest walk around. If it wasn't about to rain I'd probably go again later on when my mom gets home but I think it's going to be pouring by ten. :angry: Love having rain in my life again but not when it interferes with the lake!

I have sat on my tail intermittently watching the memorial. I am officially emotionally hung over.
:uncotrollablesobswhenParissaidmydaddywasthebestandIlovehim:...........3 children without their daddy
Marlons speech was also very emotional

I wanted to watch it but I also knew I was limited with my time to get to the lake thanks to rain, which still hasn't appeared yet. I turned it on just as Marlon was talking but I was to into reading an email to hear most of his speech. :| But I did see Paris.:sad: My mom wanted this recorded since she's at work so maybe I'll watch it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom